Home

Cinematic Feel in MP?

ShaderWriter

All:

I just got on and became a spectator to some jedi knight saber duels. I was shocked to say the least at what I found.

1) There was no dismemberment. When I asked if this could be turned on, the guys playing the game gave me the command. Ok.

2) No slowmotion death!! What gives??? Is there anyway this can be rigged in the config file? I was extremely shocked at this.

Overall, I feel like SP has the best emmersive feel to it. I would rather play some sequences over again in single player and get that cinematic defeat or win than MP. I did like the bots however (who didn't run around with this blue shield around them).

Comments?

-M

Playing against bots is *very* frustrating.

In a FFA map you have to spawn at least 5 of them just so that you won't have to spend all 20 minutes finding them.

When you spawn 5+ bots, you'll be able to find some of them, alright...but you still need to catch 'em!

When you finally catch them, they'll swing at you once or twice, take a hit and *SURPRISE-SURPRISE!!* start running away again! Yay! That is so much fun! :rolleyes:

Actually, sometimes it is: when you see 4 bots simultaneously running backwards away from you in neat orderly fashion...it is funny. :D

The only bots you can fight are the one's you download. These guys might ATTACK you! *gasp* :rolleyes:

...Still, fighting bots is totally different than fighting real people.

It also depends on what bots and what map.

I've noticed (not with promod, but just in general) for example the Bespin level (I believe the first one selected in the FFA maps section) is a bit more "bot-friendly" than some of the other default maps.

There are some great user-created maps out there that I wish people would fix the bot-pathing for and re-release. Oh well...

; )

I quite often enjoy playing against bots on my own. I typically find that 3-4 bots is plenty for maps such as ffa_deathstar and ffa_imperial. You really don't want too many bots or else you'll get nailed in the back by their uber aim a bit too frequently.

The trick to playing against bots is that you need to get close to them for them to engage you. Otherwise they'll happily backpedal away from you whilst taking shots at you the entire time. I tend to use force speed to catch up with them quickly.

I don't think that promod will affect how combat looks at all, but it really does improve a lot of gameplay elements, especially saber combat.

Archived