Home

My new XBox

WolfmanNCSU

Ok, this morning I gave in an bought an XBox. I have been a long time PC gamer for ages, and this is the first console that I have purchased since the 8 bit Nintendo and the Atari. I decided that it is time that I move to the other side a bit for gaming. Right now all I have is the unit, the DVD combo (I needed a DVD player), and Halo. I am looking forward to start playing games from the console. Its a really nice machine and I must say that I am very impressed.

However, I doubt that this will ever beat a good ole PC game. I still love them a lot, but I thought I would give it try and have fun with it.

I just wanted to let you guys know and see what you think of console games or the Xbox and hear some other opinions. I was courious to see how many users only use there PC, both, or mostly there console for playing games and why. All I ask is that no one starts a console flame/war.

ok, here are some cool games to take a look at:

1) Halo first-person shooter, but done REALLY well...may take awhile to get used to the controls, but it's worth it

2) Dead or Alive 3 (aka DOA3) kick-ass (pun intended) fighting game

3) Madden/NCAA 2003 for the football freak in you

then, it's all personal prefrence from there what other games you get, but those are the must-haves for me...have fun!!!

:D

Hey, conrgats man! You're going to be very happy with it I'm sure. :)

Aside from what Homer has said, I really think you should try out Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

WAIT! Before you laugh and turn away let me explain! It's a great game! It truly is! I was caught off gaurd as well when I first played it. It's a whole mess o' fun and it's made by the same guys that are bringing us the next Indiana Jones game so you'll get a peek at what the gameplay will be like in Indy as well. :)

*points at the LucasConsoles forums*

pretty please :D

Yipes, you sure called that, Havoc. :D

rhettsig1.JPG

I like microsoft, i just don't like their console.

Personally, i think you should have gotten a PS2. It has the DVD player also, and it has a ton more games, several of which are high quality FPSs.

Oh, and i still use my PC alot too, but its old so i haven't gotten any new games yet. Hopefully i'll get a new one in the not so distant future.

Archived