Home

ScummVM

trick

Just wondering, do you cooperate with ScummVM in any way ? If not, maybe you should ? :)

Btw, LucasArts has discovered ScummVM and is currently negotiating with it.. Apparently, LA is happy to let SVM live on, but won't give up any secrets (yet). Oh well.

Random crap, eh ? Well, as the search function is disabled, you can't really blame me if this has been discussed before. I saw one ScummVM-related post, but that didn't really have anything to do at this forum (how to pick the right file to dl ?!).

Any other "insightful" replies ?

Bah.

Record-setting straight time I think.

ScummRev has been effectively 'dead' for a long time now.

The ScummRev2 source has been released and the last (unfinished) build of ScummRev3 has too.

Serge has gone off to pastures new and doesnt have time to work on anything, he's temporarily retired in other words.

He might be back eventually but for the forseeable future he's not here.

Remember you can see all threads if you show threads from the beginning instead of the last 30 days (see the bottom of the screen).

Where does this leave this forum?

Well its still the official Lucashacks and MacSCUMM forum of course, so all questions pertaining to those sites will continue to go here. It's still used to answer simple questions like 'How can I rip sounds from MI2?' Its used for feedback -ie with akosview. There doesnt tend to be many majorly technical questions asked in here, but a fair number of knowledgeable ppl browse these forums so I think we could easily cope with them. Here would be a good place to request utilities and also perhaps to form community scumm-hacking projects.

In short there's still plenty life left in these forums, we just havent got round to using them that much yet.

Archived