Home

Thanks for the nightmare

SeaWitch

I must say that the picture drawn of Minnie Goodsoup was one of the most creative and well drawn pieces of fan art that I have seen. It was oh so Gieger-esque (Did I spell his name correctly?). The imagery in the picture was incredible.

However, it was also unbelievably creepy and I am going to have nightmares about that picture. It reminds me of a picture from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Excellent drawing, thanks for creeping me out.

I wouldn't say that Paco's art isn't as good as Dan's or Ado's just because he draws less details in his pictures. It's just his own style and I actually love this style. It's more cartoony and just more "Monkey-Island", if you know what I mean. Paco is my favourite artist in the MI-community and the comic of SMI he's working on at the moment is the coolest piece of fanwork around.

What amazes me is the intensity of both the picture of Minnie Goodsoup and Le Chuck (Ado and Lee, respectively). I wouldn't have expected those types of artwork dealing with Monkey Island. I've seen a lot of RPG fan sites, as I'm addicted to video games, and I don't think I've ever seen fan work this intense.

The picture of Minnie is hauntingly intense and frightening. Ado added new depth to her as a character through that drawing, and I find that in itself to be amazing. Lee's picture of Le Chuck is horrifying, but it gives you an idea of what Le Chuck probably looks like through the eyes of the characters, or rather, what Le Chuck would really and truly look like.

I am not an art critic, by any means. However, I do love great art work. (Favorite painters, Heironymous Bosch, Waterhouse, Rueben, and others). I would be interested in seeing more work by both Lee and Ado, so if you gentlemen, or anyone else who gets in on this discussion have links and sites available, let me know. :)

A lot of the time Paco leaves detail out pretty intentionally. For examples of more detailed less simplified work look at his awesome Dinky Island, Cemetary, and Booty Island mansion woods area drawings. I love them. I'd like to get higher quality ones for wallpapers but alas.

Originally posted by Hellbeard

I like Paco's art. I relise that it isn't as good as those other guy's but it's still cool!

How can you compare the different styles of the artwork used by Paco and Ado?

Paco's style is mostly done to the style of the Curse of Monkey Island game while Ado's... .... ....

Don't you hate it when that happens, you having a rant and then you run out in mid-sentence! Rats!!

Some of Paco's work is quite detailed, don't believe me? When use the link below and look at more of his work and tell me otherwise.

Paco's Side7 Gallery

Wow, I had no idea Paco had done all those pictures... Silly me just thought he did Monkey Island fan work. :)

Thanks for that link, although you might want to check the link code before you post in future. ;) That site’s a great resource for his work.

Originally posted by JRThomas

I wouldn't say that Paco's art isn't as good as Dan's or Ado's just because he draws less details in his pictures. It's just his own style and I actually love this style. It's more cartoony and just more "Monkey-Island", if you know what I mean.

Im not one to criticize...well, I am, but not in this case anyway. Paco has talent, but I don't particularly like his style... because it's basically just the style of CMI. I prefer the more original pieces, like the ones that Ado does.

Don't get me wrong, Paco is great. The Comic Rules, and WorldofMI looks great, and he is definetely the most productive of the Monkey Island Artists.

Archived