Home

Cheater Cheating

griff38

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MysticSpade

so i take it Acer that u r one of these script users that no one likes. but my server runs the rules. if they are bent or broken they are kicked off.

Umm... BZZZZZZZT! But I have the right to use them as long as it is not against the rules on the server I am playing on. :)

Maybe we should leave it at that... use scripts if you want to, but if the server forbids it specifically, don't use it, or find another server that has rules more to your liking.

Personally, I tend more to side with the people that say "if you're good enough you can beat people even if they use scripts."

It would be interesting if there was a server side option that would simply disable all scripting that couldn't be done normally in the menus of the game itself (rather than the console) for multiplayer, and then admins could simply choose to use it or not.

But since that isn't currently in place, we have to just live with it, so I suggest the solution above.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Maybe we should leave it at that... use scripts if you want to, but if the server forbids it specifically, don't use it, or find another server that has rules more to your liking.

Personally, I tend more to side with the people that say "if you're good enough you can beat people even if they use scripts."

It would be interesting if there was a server side option that would simply disable all scripting that couldn't be done normally in the menus of the game itself (rather than the console) for multiplayer, and then admins could simply choose to use it or not.

But since that isn't currently in place, we have to just live with it, so I suggest the solution above.

This solution will also screw up CTF play, more than half of my settings are only configurable through the console.

Hehehe, new peeps are still writing essays about this....

Well I guess that never stops as long as the game will last...maybe you should set up a poll on "do you think scripting is cheating" and the bigger number of votes makes everyone think the same way

no?

didn't think so ;)

What has that got to do with scripting???

I scripts would be something like (back in the 1.03-days): with a press of a single button you manage to successfully pull the opponent down, put absorb on, turn around and execute a 2520-degree (yawspeed) spinning backstab that does about 2100 points of unblockable damage…

Now that’s a script.

Theoretically one could come up with a scripts that does the following:

Let’s imagine that we’re playing a game of CTF with 5 spawning points. ”Simply” create 5 scripts, one for every spawning point that do the following: Put on rage/absorb+speed >>> bunnyhop to the enemy base and cap the flag. All it takes is the press of one button. If someone happens to be in the way or pull/pushes/grips you off course…well, no biggie. Try again. Not like frags would matter in CTF anyways. OR one could create a script that does the same when you have managed to get hold of the flag  speed/rage back to ”safety”.

(All you l337 people, relax. I’m just trying to make a point. ;) )

theoretically it would work... but you'd only be able to cap against n00bs. good ctf players see which route you normally take and then disrupt that route. i know it was only an example and it could also be used to compare with dueling. what differentiates a n00b from an expert? well obviously experience but what comes with experience? the ability to adapt to suit a given condition. good players know how to do this. crappy ones do not. a person who knows how to adapt to certain situations will almost always beat someone who does not even if the unskilled person can do every move that the skilled one can do 100% of the time (an example of this is in 1.03, i had a hard time defending against the pull,backstab,yawspeed attack but then i learned to do a yellow special right when they started it and kill them instantly. that is an example of me adapting to their lame attack). to sum up my arguement, if you think you're really good then you shouldnt complain about scripters because you should be able to beat them anyways. if you cant then either practice, get rid of your 'honorable jedi code of ethics' and play dirty to win, or lose.

Originally posted by griff38

Hello, I have played with real people for just under 4 months now. And a game does not go bye without someone being called a cheater.

Why?

Why is anyone who is winning a cheater?

Can any of you who think you are being cheated, site an example?

I can tell you why. Cause most of the JK/JK2 players are idiots.

I hope that answers your question.

Originally posted by Lightning

well it is:rolleyes:

BS, it is not. I didn't use scripts in multi and didn't care if someone did cause I always knew I could do the same if I wanted. Therefore it is not cheating, foolish one.

Anyway if it annoys you so much just write some scripts and copy them to your game folder. If you detect a scripter just load your script and beat him with his own weapons.

Just use your brain.

Firstly I'll state that using scripts that perform moves other players are doing manually is 100% without a doubt a form of cheating. No different to aimbotters in counterstrike and such, they are using scripts that aim for them.

It is an unfair advantage and therefore should be stopped.

However...I agree entirely with the idea that someone that is skilled enough to adapt themselves to any given situation will always beat someone that is not. But so what about the players that can adapt and also have scripts. That still leaves them with an advantage.

Secondly. Many people do get frustrated if they are losing and of course, there are amazing players that legitimately whoop everyones ass. The people that call these people cheaters without any real proof or reason to are just in my eyes, bad losers. Being beaten is one of the best ways to learn new techniques and if you don't know why you lost a duel, the fault is at your end. Watch more closely next time.

Lastly, People are over eager to call you a lamer, recently I played on a server and my opponent was VERY unhappy with my kicks, although they caused him no damage because of the server. This annoyed me a little.

Seems like people are only willing not to whine if you play by their rules, and of course. If you are not only following your own rules, you lose.

why do u people even bother arguing about script usage?

a.) the only people who complain about them are newbies

b.) yes they are so incredibly cheap yet every pro gaming league(and these guys are just as nerdy as u RPGing saberists except they actually have skill) and every jk2 ladder allows them.

what does this mean? get over it, competitive play allows it, if it were deemed as giving an unfair advantage over players they wouldnt be allowed. the fact is, if u have a personal quarrel with scripting then fine, learn how to do it without a script.

its a back and forth battle and in the end they are allowed in EVERY major competitive gaming scene. it is only here and with newbies that you ever hear complaints about it.

oh before u go calling all the "elite" players lame cheaters as u would so like to, most dont use scripts, if they do its for something useful or to save time, not because they cant do something. and it does not change the basics of any fps INTELLIGENCE

You're right. A script although cheap and lame still needs to be aimed unless of course it won't hit.

Also, pretty much every attack is avoidable in one way or another. So regardless how many moves a scripter pulls off perfectly, A pro should still be able to overcome them.

I simply dislike the fact that anyone should gain any form of advantage, I don't see scripting in order to improve in the same light as learning how to accurate execute moves.

advantages are unfortunate but they are present.

the fact that u may be getting 200 fps on your gf4 card and im getting only 50 on my crappy laptop for instance is a much greater advantage.

i have less control over that than i do over a script(which gives u much less if any advantage).

when it comes down to it tho its opinion

and im not bothering to get into an arguement on these forums because of the thickheadedness of some of the posters. i just felt people should be aware of the fact that scripts are generally excepted in every game ladder/competition.

except the obvious headshot scripts which are still pretty worthless if u ask me

Originally posted by Hybrid-Halo

Firstly I'll state that using scripts that perform moves other players are doing manually is 100% without a doubt a form of cheating. No different to aimbotters in counterstrike and such, they are using scripts that aim for them.

It is an unfair advantage and therefore should be stopped.

However...I agree entirely with the idea that someone that is skilled enough to adapt themselves to any given situation will always beat someone that is not. But so what about the players that can adapt and also have scripts. That still leaves them with an advantage.

Secondly. Many people do get frustrated if they are losing and of course, there are amazing players that legitimately whoop everyones ass. The people that call these people cheaters without any real proof or reason to are just in my eyes, bad losers. Being beaten is one of the best ways to learn new techniques and if you don't know why you lost a duel, the fault is at your end. Watch more closely next time.

Lastly, People are over eager to call you a lamer, recently I played on a server and my opponent was VERY unhappy with my kicks, although they caused him no damage because of the server. This annoyed me a little.

Seems like people are only willing not to whine if you play by their rules, and of course. If you are not only following your own rules, you lose.

its not like scripts really can boost ur skill much haze. u should know. u still own mercy even using whatever scripts he has

Archived