Bow or Not?

lllKyNeSlll

Is bowing cool or gay  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is bowing cool or gay

• Cool
    • Gay
    • Doesn\'t really matter

bowing is pretty gay. whoever made that is a fag.

i don't bow but i don't attack others who do bow.

one time i was joining a newb clan for fun and the person

wanted to duel me.

he bowed and i didn't bow .

he told me to

i bowed with saber on

he told me to bow with it off

i didn't do anything

then he said i coudn't join because i fought with no honor

i said stfu cuz ur clan is pwned

i hardly ever use pwn.

cuz that gets gay too.

i use it only after a team game that i win against someone good

or someone who i didn't like

its not too bad

except when people become *******s with it

I personally dont mind bowing, but its a real pain when a newbie tells you to bow.

Just because one bows, it doesnt mean it gives you the right to tell the other to bow if he doesnt. I cant stand being told to bow.

Eh, don't really care about the "honor" bs, I just do it as a way to show I'm ready to play.

Nothing against the role player types, but when people strut around duel servers doing their little text binds and such, it can be quite annoying not knowing when it is "safe" to start playing.

Usually if the little show goes on for too long I just go after them (and get the standard "SABER OFF = PEACE YOU ***!).

I admit though, you guys who do those really Loooooong dramatic bows, hehe, I can't resist tossing a saber at your head.

Do you guys actually know where this started? The whole bowing thing? And know it wasn't at the beginning of 1.02 when the game first came out. It was started in Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight. There was a little mod called SPORK. This may not have been the first time people started bowing, but it definately wasn't anything to do with JKII. Whilst I'm here, I'm gonna have a go at all you old schoolers (thats what you call yourselves I do beleive) going on about how you are more experienced and are an old school player just cos you've had the game since day of release. I bought this game day of release and been playing non stop pretty much every day since then (when I say non stop I mean atleast 2 hours a day, not all day :) ) The game hasn't even been out a year. The leagues and that are only just getting started. In 3 years time, if this game is stil being played, which I really hope, then you can call yourself an old schooler. Relatively we're all n00bs. This game is still young and people talk about it dying. Stay with it and make this community as big as Jedi Knight was.

naw it didn't start in spork. spork was gay just like most jk mods no offense. if u were leet u would play ff o , nf ji o, nf merc, nf bgj, or ff bgj. most double sab mods sucked ass in jk

_____

it will never be the size of jk. ever just cuz its not as good of a game for the time. its too slow and that encourages newbs to play

• 1 year later...

I don't know about Spork because I honestly never used it online, just messed around with it once or twice. I didn't remember any bowing, but it's been many years. ; )

I recall that when I played with a friend of mine in college, he showed me how to play so a few times as a joke I "crouched" in front of him and said "Yes, my master" (to imitate Vader in ESB).

The crouch in JK1/MotS actually looked more like a kneel than the one in JK2/JA which looks like a weird ballerina pose or something.

But oh well.

The whole "are you ready to fight" thing was accomplished by swinging your saber, but nobody ever complained "I wasn't ready!" that I can remember and I played a ton of saber stuff back in the day.

Bowing is entirely pointless because on a Duel server you're expected to be ready, and when you accept a Duel you're saying you're ready.

If you're waiting to setup your keys or something once the battle begins, you're wasting everyone's time and so deserve to lose a point and go to the end of the line. ; )

Don't accept a Duel until you're ready to fight, the computer even says "BEGIN!"

I use the "bow" taunt in JA after I've sliced my opponent in half or pushed his a$$ off a cliff. That's the fun way to do it! ; )

To me "bowing" is just another taunt, which is used (surprise!) to "taunt" your opponent, not role play or "show you're ready" (and don't get me started on the hyper crouching dorks) or worse... give the impression that you're not to be attacked or something.

Ugh..

Archived