Home

{Main AGE OF MYTHOLOGY Thread}

Fishflesh

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why Warcraft 3 sucks big time>

General/Summary: This game is way overhyped for what it delivers,yes the last rweviewer was right about one thing the races are balanced but so are most other rts games out there.this game lacks in everything but the most important feature for me that it lacks in is upgrading your hero. is it so much to ask for a game to have more then a few upgrades??I am honestly wondering about if you guys that rave about this game know anything about rts games,obviously you dont.this game does have a minimal amount of stategy to it but nothing that hasnt been done and done way way better in other rts games.

Gameplay: typical rts game which isnt really a bad thing ,but it lacks so many features like you only get a couple of categorys to upgrade ur hero in and ur hero limits out at level 10 what the heck is that??This game is not fun i liked it for about 45 minutes then it got lame because i started realizing there was nothing to this game u get a handful of different troops in each race to build big whoop.i agree that theres no strategy and its never more apparent then in multiplayer.one guy bragged saying we didnt like the game because people like him kick are butts all over battle.net.well sorry son but the game just sucks plain and simple.this game is ok for newbies and thats who plays games like this are newbies play wlbc2 if u got what it takes because this game was to easy.

Graphics: graphics are ok nice and clear but the camera view sucks big time.u should beable to zoom out more but i guess blizzard was to stupid to realize that.

Sound: very repetitive sounds and are probably the 2nd worst feature of the game after the gameplay.if your a newbie just getting into rts games it might be a good begginner game to get familiar with basic rts operation but for anyone else u wont like it,theres little to no strategy involved END of subject

dang. are you sure you played WCIII? If you did you really missed out because you obviously missed out on a good time. Also WCIII got editor's choice awards beyond numbering from every site and magazine out there (including PC Gamer...the best PC gaming mag out there) Also WCIII's campaign was a blast and then the new user campaigns out there are really good. AoM's campaign (from what I have heard) was pretty boring. Same stuff over and over and over again and again. Too many upgrades, to much base building etc. WCIII doesn't want to distract the players with base building. That is why they have 8 or so buildings per race with unique upgrades and researches. Each side does not have the same repetative researches like the Age series. WCIII has an almost totaly different feel from any of the sides you play. Unlike the the Age series where all the units seem to be the same except for the few unique units. I can not speak for AoM becuase I have not played it and do not intend to except I might play a few scenarios over at a friend's house sometime, but I can speak for WCIII which you apparently can not. WCIII is a great quality game and that is why it has such a huge following. For the first 3 months after it's release it was the #1 best sell with the collector's edition of the game being the #8-10. It is still on the bestsellers list currently at #6. If you can tell me that all these gamers are wrong and all of these PROFESSIONAL reviewers are wrong and are not drunk then I will help start a fund to send you to the mental hospital.

AoM and WCIII are very different games. Why does everyone keep comparing them? WCIII is fast paced RTS, AoM is slower and more focused on economy than other RTS titles.

Some like it the 'Age' way, some the 'Craft' way ... and there are even people who swear by the 'C&C' way. Respect that. I myself am more an 'ager'.

If you want to compare AoM, compare it with Empire Earth. That game had to ambition to take the Age of Empires formula and to imrove on that (more recources, more buildings, more ages)

If you do compare AoM with EE you can only take one conclussion.

AoM owns EE

Originally posted by Darth54

Ok, lets just forget about this.

Btw, what is the best place to put a healing shrine? (norse)

I totaly agree

Healing Spring: placement.

REMEMBER: The enemy can capture the spring, so putting it near your forwards is very risky. It can be a huge asset for your opponent, and a huge loss for you, if it is captured. It is probably best to put it near a defended area, unless you are positive that your forwards cannot be captured.

ESO Patch!

Okay folks, here comes the very first patch to Age of Mythology. Curently this patch only addresses multiplayer connection problems and fixes a few exploits. This patch version however does not affect unit or civilization balance or scenario editor functionality (Maybe there is another patch for the rest).

CLIENT FIXES

Improved cheat checks for "zoom out" exploit.

Fixed an Advanced Setup crash when changing public / private rapidly.

Fixed a problem with Advanced Setup host dialog not closing when inviting others.

Quick Setup games now default to 5 pauses maximum.

Requests for in-game saves are now counted as a pause towards the maximum pause limit.

Fixed DirectIP connection issues (see below for details).

NETWORK AND ESO FIXES

Improved login code: We have improved the ESO login code. Users should now experience fewer errors when connecting to ESO and therefore login on the first attempt.

This patch includes fixes for the stats upload (2,4) problem. If you continue to receive this error message, please try shutting down any other applications or services you have running before launching AoM - the problem may be related to having other processes running in the background. We are continuing to investigate this issue.

Improved NAT/firewall support on ESO: We have added more support for manually configured NATs and firewalls in this update. You are now able to place your machine on the DMZ, and/or manually open up UDP port 2300 and the game will do a better job of configuring itself in that environment.

Improved NAT/firewall support for DirectIP: We have improved AOM’s DirectIP support in this patch for users who are running behind a NAT, firewall, or proxy server. There two ways to access this new support.

This patch by the way is downloaded automatically once you login ESO

Yeah!! I'm getting Age of Mythology this week... in fact... it is released today in my country ( I live in South-East Asia btw... naturally the release date would be longer ) Anyway:

1) What is the population limit in AoM?

2) I saw several screenshots of AoM and majority of the battle

involved only 10 to 20++ units which is rather little compared

to Age of Kings. Are we able to create larger armies like in

SWGB... but not as many as in Cossacks though? Are the units

as limited as in Warcraft 3??

Originally posted by Snowtrooper

Yeah!! I'm getting Age of Mythology this week... in fact... it is released today in my country ( I live in South-East Asia btw... naturally the release date would be longer ) Anyway:

1) What is the population limit in AoM?

2) I saw several screenshots of AoM and majority of the battle

involved only 10 to 20++ units which is rather little compared

to Age of Kings. Are we able to create larger armies like in

SWGB... but not as many as in Cossacks though? Are the units

as limited as in Warcraft 3??

1) You are limited to build 10 houses, each gives you 10 more population limit. And each town center you build gives you 15 more pop (however, you can only build town centers on "settlements").

2) The units takes different population, a villager takes 1 pop, a normal solider takes 2, and for example a Colossus takes 5. So it is less limited than Warcraft 3 but it is still limited.

The number of settlements aren't very high on the random maps, perhaps 2 or 3 settlements extra if there is 2 players. And you are limited to 10 houses anyway. There is no way you could reach 300 pop unless you build a map with 13 extra settlements close to your base. Even then it would be hard because you need a good deal of resources to build all those settlements, and cant expect to get such a large pop until quite late in the game.

Archived