Home

Fellowship Of The Ring Extended DVD Edition

Eets

Never used the spoiler tags before, so I hope this works. I realize the movie's been released now so people have probably already seen the extended version but since you never know... :)

I'm glad they add/expanded the gift-giving scene at Lothlorian. The Lembas, Sam's elven rope, the elven cloaks, and such actually play a decent part in the later books and I was pretty disappointed that the only thing mentioned in the original release was the Phial that Galadriel gave to Frodo. I'm also glad they talked more about Aragorn's sword. From the original movie it looks like Aragorn just looks at it... not like he's supposed to take it with him.

Oh, and the extended combat at the end of the movie was excellent. Good to see Merry and Pippen were actually fighting rather than just sitting back and watching Baromir do all the work.

Kryllith

ok so since you have covered all my favorit new sences...

I was wonding which you got, the standered (just the 4 dvds), or the big box set (the 4 dvds, some national geographic dvd, 2 book ends, and 3 lotr tcg cards)

I had to get the big box set, thouse cards will go great in my lotr tcg collection.

Bought AotC and FotR yesterday ... well you can feel that in your purse.

Anyway, that's SIX disks ... and only time to watch one. I chose FotR disk one, I'm gonna watch disk 2 tonite.

The movie has a new feel to it, mostly because of the new intro (concerning hobbits), and the little easter egg on disk 1 is great (MTV's version of the counsil of Elrond).

Have to see more tonite.

Archived