Home

Norwegians line up for Two Towers

Boba Rhett

The new Lord of the Rings film has rocketed to the top of the Norwegian box office - six weeks before its 18 December world release.

Tickets for The Two Towers are outselling every other film currently being shown in the country.

More than 35,000 tickets were snapped up on the first day of sales.

Guttorm Petterson, managing director of distributors SF Norge, said he expected the first week's total to exceed 50,000, pushing current blockbuster Red Dragon into second place.

"The interest has been enormous," said Petterson, who set up an entire medieval village in an Oslo park where JRR Tolkien fans could camp while queueing for tickets.

On the night before sales began, the 'Hobbit' village - which included a miniature inn, houses and tepee-style tents - accommodated 600 fans.

Triumph

Last year, about 600 people queued for several days in Oslo to see the premiere of the first Lord of the Rings film, starring Ian McKellen, Elijah Wood, Liv Tyler and Sean Bean.

More than 60,000 tickets were sold in Norway before the premiere of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

The movie clocked up a total of one million admissions.

The Peter Jackson-directed epic triumphed at this year's Oscars, winning four prizes including those for cinematography and visual effects.

Me thinks TTT is going to be big. :D

Link

Originally posted by Padanime

was it only selling tickets or were the ppl also able to see the movie?

From what I understand they only get their tickets... they still have to wait til the 18th to see it. Cool idea though. I wish there was a park near the movie theatre here... I'd see about opening up a hobbit village of my own. :)

Kryllith

Archived