Home

Server Names and picking server!

Jan Gaarni

Which option describes you choice?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which option describes you choice?

• Play on US Server (Eclipse), then change later to European Server!
    • Play on US Server (other), then change later to European Server!
    • Play on US Server (Eclipse) till the end!
    • Play on US Server (other) till the end!
    • Wait till European Server comes before playing!

Well, the server names and their locations for the initial release have been revealed. The complete list can be found here. Sadly, it looks like there will be no European server until some time after the release, 6 months I heard.

However, this PA consist of more than just Europeans, but Americans aswell. Infact, our main man Gaalgoth is American. Our PA relations member for the Massassi's, MikeC, is also an American, and if I were to count you all and divide you into groups, this PA consist of almost 50/50 Americans/Europeans.

Hell, we even got one from Australia. :eek:

So, my question is this:

Where to play?

I've picked up that the Europeans over at the Station has started to pick a server already, the Eclipse for some odd reason. ;):p (Yeah, odd indeed) :D

After the European servers are up most will prolly move their character over to those servers and continue play there.

It is only natural to assume that the American members will chose an American server to play on. Why shouldn't they. It's not like they, and we, have any choice to begin with. ;)

So if we decide to play on, lets say the Eclipse, how many here would later turn to an European server once it is established?

Personally, I've decided to play on an US server, from beginning till the end, but since I am part of this PA, I will abide by the decision of the majority of this PA and play on whatever server that is chosen.

I think we need to stick to one server.

Prefferably a east coast server, better connections for us europians.

And why do you ask me to play on a american server?

Because I dont want to hear other languages other then english in my game!

Don't worry, EH, this is far from being an official selection of what server we are going to pick, it's just to get some facts on how people feel about this. :) It's nice to know.

The real selection will take place when all or atleast most of the members come alive near the release and have had some time to think about it. ;)

Bloodfin (US East Coast)

Bloodfin Sith Speeder: The Sith Speeder is a small repulsorlift personal transport used by Darth Maul, it is a relatively a simple design that lacks sensors. However it has a high-performance engine that allows the Speeder to accelerate rapidly, do sharp turns and quick stops. In short this speeder has been stripped of all non-essential feature to ensure the fastest speeds can be achieved. The compact design presents a small target, its open ****pit gives Darth Maul excellent visibility and to allow him to leap directly from the Speeder into combat. Also it allows Darth Maul to swoop down on his enemies and quickly dispatch them with his lightsaber. Darth Maul has programmed his speeder to decelerate and enter "wait mode" should he suddenly dismount. Darth Maul typically used his Sith Speeder to surprise or pursue his quarry.

Researched by TeikoSun

Just alittle info. :)

well.... lets see... how can i start.

we have a lot of people from all over the world in our PA.

now when we all joined the PA..... a question was asked... where to play.... some said the US... some Euro.

Now for us Euro people..... its easier for us to just pick the Euro server and play. BUT! i totaly agree with Ascari on this...... i would like to see languages i understand. so no french, german, Norwegan :p, swedish. i would liek to see only these 2: Dutch or English. now i know a lot of you cant speak dutch... only 3 in our PA can. so i will settle over an English speaking server.

So that leaves us with the following:

East or West. now.... shown to you in the text above this post.... and east coast would be better for a lot of us.

So my conclusion is for myself:

A server on the east coast and i will not change afterworth.

About the name.... ill look into it :D

my 2 cents

-Wraith 8-

i will play on what ever server you guys play on. But if i get too much lag on us east (i live in new zealand for those people who dont know its off the east coast of australia 9-12 hours to reach america by plane)

but if we play on us east can we play on a lower part of us east like in florida or somewhere?

I choose to switch to a Euro server later, mainly because I'm concerned with connection problems (and terrorist attacks on american servers ofcourse). I cable, but I also got this crappy provider that doesnt provide full cable speed for me. UPC is the name, and crap is it's game.

I'll try to stay on a USA server, but I dunno if my connection will let me play as it should be.

I personally think it would be best to not name a specific server to play on until the game is launched. I would choose one of the more populated servers since underpopulated galaxies seem to be a common fear.

Btw, the option of moving to a euro server later on, does that mean you can move your players to another server as you wish? Or maybe just when different servers are launched?

Archived