Home

Town meeting, ya'll!

Gaalgoth

Yes, I know I said ya'll. Anyways, I thought that it might be a good idea for us to have another topic about what we plan to contribute to the town. I know that we aren't going to start it for a while, we don't know what we're going to be as professions and so on and so on, but even so we can have general, non-class specific jobs. For instance, Wraith and I (assuming you want to, Wraith) will be leaders of the town, at least in it's fledgling days. We'll try and set up a council of sorts as time goes on, with Wraith and I (and MikeC too if the Massassi join us) as permanent members but several others chosen by the rest of the joint PA. This Council will govern the town, make decisions and rules, yadda yadda yadda. what other jobs would you guys be interested in? we'll have a sheriff type, sure, I think Setsuko was interested in that a while ago. what else you guys? A secretary, perhaps? maybe diplomats, class leaders (head smuggler, head combat guy, etc.), what? tell me what you guys think, or maybe it's still too early to make these decisions....I'm getting ancy just like the rest of you are probably =)

Sure Gaal'. Id love to :D

well.. uhmmmm

so we have two people to govern the gang....

we want a sort of sherrif

maybe a sort of cashier... you know... some guy that brings in the taxes.

well... i know zendjir ... or was it ascari.... is willing to open up his shop in our town.

uhm... i have no idea how big our group will be and all.... but big decsissions is better to be brought in into the entire group right now... we have 23 members.... its still to small to pick a group of politicians and so.

heads of certain groups would be a big yes.... we just have to figure (fight :D) out who will be th head of the different groups of proffesions in our PA.

ill make a list here wit the groups so far.

Well here are all the names and proffesions of our group.

we are in luck Gaal :D. Greg is already a politician :D

Greg : Politician

Bounty hunters:

Gaalgoth

Thew Rydur

Smugglers:

Zendjir Jinx

Wraith 8

Jan Gaarni

Droid engineers:

Darth Maxx

Vega

Explorers:

Gavor

Kyren Valinor

Architechs

Kiedo

ewok hunter

Healers:

MikeC

Murashu

Other:

Rune : Gunsmith

Ascari : Merchant

setsuko : Commando

Kwok : Miner

The rest are initiates:

Talain : Initiate

Theros Bloodbane : Initiate

Galin Masek : Initiate

Koenig : Initiate

Screwy : Initiate

excellent wraith =) and yes, we only have 23 of our own, but remember how we were planning on combining with the massassi? well as far as I know that's going to end up working out, and they have like 30 people so that's over 50 (assuming they all come back) which is a fair size.

I think with the members we have too many titles would be cumbersome. We should set it up like a corporation a bit. We should have a city council that simply ensures the "mayor" does not get out of line. Also there should be a seargeant-at-arms, or sheriff, that ensures the laws and practices we vote to adopt as a whole are enforced. We should also have a bursar responsible for the tax assessment issue, which still needs to be finalized. I would also not favor a leader for each profession, but maybe two cabinet level positions that divide the PA into simply combat and technical professions. We could call the VP's, or ministers, or anything really. Maybe minister of defense and minister of production (or something like that). Both would have equal standing and report to the "mayor" and council. Each could also have an assistant VP to stand in when they are on a mission or not logged on (which should never happen, lol). I also like the previously posted idea of a designated diplomat to travel and represent our PA, maybe Greg (politician) or an explorer, but this person should not hold another position because of the dangers of travel.

i was thinking of maybe becomming a squad leader with marksman skills maybe i could be of some use in getting to gethere groups you know well i could be like a tactition guy sortof thing i can't see anyother squad leaders so i just thaught well we don't have to it was just something i wanted to do well...... yeh

(that doesnt really make much sense does it but is that sortof what you meant by cherriff)

Since most people are in this game to do there own thing, I think a minimum of regulation is required. Otherwise members will just get annoyed by the many rules, rules should not restrict people to do what they want, except when it is against the PA's interests.

I think the following "community-roles" are neccesary:

A PA Leader; It is he who makes the basic decisions for the PA, like who to accept in it, and who to ban and he arranges the administrative part of the PA (meetings and such. Important decisions, like moving our town to a different location and the PA's goals should be made by a majority of votes by the members.

A Mayor; He will govern the town and it's defence. And make decisions like where to place buildings and the defences.

An PA-asset-keeper (or whatever you call it): He will look after the properties of the PA; buildings in other towns/ PA-money/ A PA-governed service.

A Lawyer: Someone who will keep all these people in line, he cannot be banned. He will have the possibility to punish people for their bad way of acting, in accordance to PA-law (some simple rules). The important part of this person is that he has to be independant.

If the PA grows larger, several tasks of these people can be handed down to others. Elections are held every 2 months/ the lawyer will stay on for a year, or untill he chooses to give up his position or voted away with a 75% mayority of votes in a meeting.

I can do the lawyer part, since I'm law-educated (not a judge or anything, just the basics).

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my professon lately and I have made a few decisions. Firstly, let me explain something to you guys. I picked miner as a career because its a good way to make money and is out of the way of the hustle and bustle of the city (discreet;) ) but my first love is of combat. Im a full time member of an Operation Flashpoint clan, Elite Rebel Assault, in a league set up and run by 'The Combat Zone'. (We are currently 12th on the ladder out of 65).

I have been in the clan over a year now and I'm known as -={ERA}=-Major-Kwok. I am a proffesional at leading troops in battle and regularly score very highly in league matches. I dont wanna blow my own trumpet or anything but I would really like to be involved with the security of our town and am tactically minded enough to head up our defence force. How do you guys feel about that?

If you want a reference you can email our clan leader

-={ERA}=-Ldr-NBA / ncc_team@hotmail.com

OR

-={ERA}=-Col-Chaosiris / osirisorion@hotmail.com

for a fair and honest opinion of my abilities, I'm sure you will be impressed. :o

Anyway, check out our site if u r interested in flashpoint n stuff

http://www.btinternet.com/~captain.matt/

Kwok :biggs:

Yeah, I know it's early to talk about it allready. But it's important that people talk about their ideas for the PA, and besides...we need to talk about something!

And to kwok; I just hope SWG will require tactical insight :) you could be of great help in that case. ....andeehhh, I have been busy with OPF too; making missions mainly. Love the coding part. But I dont have the official version :( couldnt buy it anywhere.

Originally posted by Murashu

Oh don't get me wrong. I agree we should be talking, I presently have nothing better to keep me busy so I am all for talking :D

your an american soldier in afghanistan...... how can you not be kept busy?? i mean isn't it dangerous down there right now?

Archived