Home

How long have you been a swampie?

TheWhiteRaider

Posted by wardz

Waccy- a familiar face at last... How goes it?

Not bad, overall :D

You? :)

To be honest, I never really went away that much, but for me the fun was talking about the game before it came out...

Same here, really...

...as I didnt and still dont have a PC good enough to play JKII. I play only cos of my mums laptop which to be honest isn't ideal. (I can't fit my PC mouse to it so i have to use the little pad thing):rolleyes:

Aww :(

That coupled with the swamping (Do you like what I did just there? I used the name of the forum to act as a pun) :D

of the site with all the newbies.

It's been done :D;)

...And I agree about the "swamping" - I moved to RogueSquadron.Net ("Aresen") for a while to take my mind off the state that the Swamp and the Valley were both in... It worked, thankfully, and now I'm back :) (but still very much at Aresen too - it's grown on me :D)

I got a bit tired with the mindless slating of, well in my opinion at least, a VERY good game.

Same here - it seemed to be the same arguments over and over and over and... You'd think people could move on :(

I dont know about the patches released for them, but it was changed for minor reasons, is that a fair comment? It seems that the most vocal group are always the ones not happy with the game, for a pathetic, negligble reason.

It seems that's ever the way of things =/

I am looking forward to seeing some of the levels for it, the new carbon freeze and some new skins...

Have you had a look at the various Total Conversions for it? Some of them are looking quite promising... Here's links to a few -

Attack of the Clones TC

Dark Forces TC

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II TC

I'm sure there are more, but I don't know as much about them/ have links to them...

Hope you stick around [actively!] for a while, mate =)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo Wardz!

good to see you man,

i guess i never stopped going to the swamp, i just cut down all the time i spent on it to like once a week or something, (shows with my post counter) but i'm back, and i really got back on here when i came to Germany..... hmm.... i guess i can say this (but not as bad as some people i know, not pointing fingers :D)

my names Josh, and I'm an Addict. :D

yo Paul, is the reason why emailed me back and i couldn't contact you for like 5 months cause you were on another board? damn man! oh yer, i will be in the UK between april and July so we gotta hang out for a bit, ok?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

Same here - it seemed to be the same arguments over and over and over and... You'd think people could move on :(

Regarding the quality of JK2, I find it top notch, even though I'm not the most active player now. I'd like to see some good reasons why it shouldn't be FPS of the Year, myself.

I usually just posted in the Clans Forums, then I decided to answer some technical problem posts, then I eventually came to the Swamp. No idea when, must've been end of september / start of october time. :)

..and to this day.. I still post in 6 other forums.. :eek:

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Well, I've been a member for over three months now.....before I came here I had over 300 posts. I've been here for two now....but if you come here on a regular basis, with all of the activity going on...it's easy to boost post count. If that is your thing. I myself just talk a lot and have a lot to say! :D

Oh well, everyone's different!! :p

Yes, I'm addicted....there could be worse things!! ;)

yep ur a real addict leemu. u even reached a point u have more posts than i have. :D

im a swampie for 6 months (jul-dec) and i believe it became a bit dull. thats why i dont that often anymore in here. i still can be found in other sections (gb, kotor,...) ;)

I registered under about 6 different names here, before the merge... I believe I registered my first account sometime in May/June. My first thread was so cool! :D "Name Your Favourite Star Wars Books"!! It was my first time using the poll option! YAY! ;)

Before anyone asks, I was a part of these forums before the merge. The forums were seperate. So you had to register a different account on each one! So... I have a bunch of different registration dates... the "June 2001" you see here was my GB account. :) (just in case anyone is feeling confrontational, and wants to accuse my of lieing :p)

Archived