Home

Anger! Hard Drive! Bad!

scabb

Hey people. I'm currently writing this post from my mothers work laptop, which she brings home once in a blue moon.

In an act filled with pure obscenity and hatred towards all things modern and computerish, my hard drive went on strike, just like those dirty firemen. I have no clue what's wrong with it, but I have lost a lot of bitchin' stuff, such as my A-level coursework (all 3 pages), and, amongst other things, everything.

Anyhow, since it was purchased at a computer fair, I'm going to have to wait until the next bastarding one in order to return it (Either that, or send it to Seagate, which will probably take longer). Oh, and the rejoice, the Christmas season contains very few computer fairs, particularly in my reigon. So I'll be waiting until January, probably.

I might be able to sneak a peek at the forum during schooltime, as long as nobodys looking, but other than that, I hate all.

Merry Christmas.

Do you know about Easy Recovery? It can in most cases restore all the data on your HD. It's freakin' expensive, but the trial version will recover one file. When I had "the big crash" I used it to get my Outlook PST-file.

After that hard disc fatality I swore to do regular backups. Needless to say, I didn't. But I swear ("damn it") to do so now!

Hey scabb.... I'm feeling with you.

Same happened to me last thursday. Damn. Lost almost everything, and I won't see it before some weeks now. HD destroyed totally. Couldn't even access windows! Got a blue screen....

Now I'm at the moment using my old laptop.... damn... It's so slow....

--- edit ---

And merry christmas

Originally posted by jannar85

HD destroyed totally. Couldn't even access windows! Got a blue screen....

It's very likely just the FAT (file allocation table). You can compare that with a CD's lead-in or a WAD file - if I'm not completely mistaken. It tells the system where to find the files and folders. So if this table is destroyed the data should still be there, but you need a program that can locate them. Don't despair!

• 1 month later...

Well, I've returned. I don't know whether it was death or not, but I've been computerless for over a month, and the nice Mister replaced my Hard Drive on Sunday morning. So now, it's full of crap, of course. Hopefully they won't find the stacks and stacks of...

My 'other' hard drive went bad on me thanks to Linux, and my lack of bothering/knowing how to fix it, so it was too small to install Windows 2000 on (less than a gig). I'm going to fix that, I promise, God.

I had backup CDs from when I last changed hardware (Which was very lucky), and people who whad me on MSN can add me: jamesellison@dsl.pipex.com.

Sorry about the game, Huz. I was going to respond to a few threads when I made this, but the forum actually went down. And I was already kind of angry.

I still have major sorting, to do, then IT coursework, which is due in in 2 weeks time. If any former AS level students feel obligated to donate theirs, feel free ;)

Well, speak to you all later.

Archived