Home

Americas Army PC Game

Dark Warrior

Has anyone played the Americas Army pc game. It is located at http://www.americasarmy.com and it is absolutely free. It was actually made by the american military to show players how the army worked. I highly recommend it to anyone. Basically it a first-person shooter army game similar to Medal of Honour: Allied Assault except it is based on the present. You start off by going to boot camp and actually get to try real things that they teach you in the actual army. You go to sniper schools, airborne schools (airborne is cool, you get to skydive out of a plane, and it actually requires skill), and you learn how to use real-life guns by an instructor. Your accuracy statistics and others are posted online when you play.

The game is all online after the missions and you have an honour system. When you shoot your teamate you lose honour and if your honour reaches 0 you are banned from Americas Army. You also get to use a sniper rifle once you pass sniper school and other various weapons once you qualify. It is alot of fun. If anyone has any other questions visit the site or ask me!:)

Originally posted by Phizzle

I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying I can't believe it's free!

Yea I couldn't believe it either, a friend told me about it. I dled it on Friday and I have been hooked ever since then. Again visit the site, it says right on it "Download the free game". It is 200 megs compressed but when u install it is 900 megs. Its a great game. Again the site is http://www.americasarmy.com:)

Originally posted by Phizzle

Hmm I should enjoy this, it's interesting how you have to pass training to play and progress through the game to get new features.

*OT*

Hey the two Samus avatars sorta go together.

LMAO

Yes, they do, I didn't notice. Yea, this game is really unique.:)

I have the game too. My friend told me about it. I like it but the onlt thing that I don't like is that you have to play the missons on the net. It is awesome but I would of liked it better if they had a version that didn't have to be on the internet. I like the way that is it like Medal Of Honor and the realism. I like the way you reload. And the way your gun jams and you fix it. The only thing I wish is that it would be like SOCOM and that you could comminicate with friends with a headset. Other than that is is a awesome game. :thumbsup:

:lsduel::duel:

I had it and got rid of it. It wasnt very good imo. The new Rainbow Six game coming out is better. I played the demo and was hooked. Of course its got bugs but its still a demo. Americas Army was underwhelming, not as realistic as I thought it would be (damage and some mobility), easily hacked mind you, buggy, communication controls overly complicated, etc. Think of the complicatedness of Tribes with dumb restrictions, thats Americas Army. Imho. Sorry if I wasnt able to explain well enough. Im not trying to sound like a whiner.

Originally posted by leXX

I downloaded it ages ago, played it, didn't like it, uninstalled it.

have it, love it, play it!:D

hey lexx, if you dled it 'ages ago' you might change your mind... the original released version, 1.0.1 was crap. pure and utter crap.

there will be a patch a month for the next 7 years(no one metioned this btw, this game has dev support, along with new offical maps for the next 7 years)

right now, its up to version 1.4.0 and very much improved.

plus, I think there are some euro servers (unoffical) up now... this game really hates high ping, but that is being fixed with upgraded netcode, I think in about 2 more patches.:D

Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

have it, love it, play it!:D

hey lexx, if you dled it 'ages ago' you might change your mind... the original released version, 1.0.1 was crap. pure and utter crap.

there will be a patch a month for the next 7 years(no one metioned this btw, this game has dev support, along with new offical maps for the next 7 years)

right now, its up to version 1.4.0 and very much improved.

plus, I think there are some euro servers (unoffical) up now... this game really hates high ping, but that is being fixed with upgraded netcode, I think in about 2 more patches.:D

Yea, when I first got it in august, it was total crap. I still didn't like it in september. But now that version 1.4.0 is out it is a whole new game. And like Spy said it has dev support and the game will be updated every month. But everyone has the right to their opinion mine is, it is an awesome game!:)

Originally posted by Darth Petrillo

I think the game that the U.S. NAVY made for ps2, SOCOM, is much better because of the headset that comes with it. I have only played it once, i think you have to personally buy it from the NAVY because i cant find it anywhere

The Navy really didn't make it. They just helped with the devolepment. You can also buy it anywhere. You just have to look.

Is this game multiplayer? If so, I would get it, but I dont see how a free game would be anything like (graphics-wise) MOHAA or even RS. I might try it out though

It is a Multiplayer game. The graphics are good for being a free game. It may not be as detailed as MOHAA but it is good. You should get it cause If you like MOHAA then you'll like America's Army. ;)

:duel::lsduel:

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

It is a Multiplayer game. The graphics are good for being a free game. It may not be as detailed as MOHAA but it is good. You should get it cause If you like MOHAA then you'll like America's Army. ;)

:duel::lsduel:

OK, thx. I'll get it soon (can someone give me the link to download the game, because I can only find where u download the patch)

I know you'll like it. There is a lot of other detail other than just graphic. Like when you are shooting or on the range you have to listen to your breathing so that you know when you should shoot and it is going to be the most accurate.

The reloading is also good cause you see him change the magazine and check for to make sure that the gun isn't jammed.

It's a little bit like Rainbow six but is it way more funner and interactive.

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

I know you'll like it. There is a lot of other detail other than just graphic. Like when you are shooting or on the range you have to listen to your breathing so that you know when you should shoot and it is going to be the most accurate.

The reloading is also good cause you see him change the magazine and check for to make sure that the gun isn't jammed.

It's a little bit like Rainbow six but is it way more funner and interactive.

Ah, so you play AA Ratmjedi? Cool. Yea I forgot to mention the breathing thing. It adds a sense of realism to the game. And what he said is true: If you like mohaa, you will definitely like this game.

BTW: Ratmjedi what is your name in AA. Mine is M.J.L.:)

Archived