Home

Why do jedi attack at close range?

SE_Vader_536

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if they weren't close range, wouldn't it look kind of stupid if a group of jedi/sith were throwing their lightsabers at a prefab shelter?

Troopers should be able to kill something. Because logically, what can troopers do against assualt mechs or any mech for that matter if this game was accurate? Jedi are hard to kill using troopers, only if you overwhelm them with something like 12-one repeaters or mounties they won't survive.

hello look obi wan can easily kill 200 troopers just by deflecting and they rarly miss with their lightsaber. REMEMBER THE FORCE! only weak jedi die easily. and i think it is not that accurate how you can make like 250 jedi from a temple. i think they should be mcuh more expensive then have their attack power and defense higher. another thing why is a jedi hero's laser defense lower than a jedi you can make from a temple?????

Originally posted by SE_Vader_536

hello look obi wan can easily kill 200 troopers just by deflecting and they rarly miss with their lightsaber. REMEMBER THE FORCE! only weak jedi die easily. and i think it is not that accurate how you can make like 250 jedi from a temple. i think they should be mcuh more expensive then have their attack power and defense higher. another thing why is a jedi hero's laser defense lower than a jedi you can make from a temple?????

If 200 troopers collectively fired at Obiwan from multiple angles, he would die. He can't cover every inch of his body with the saber every second.

As for being able to make 250 jedi... good luck, especially if you're looking to make masters. Besides, that would be silly anyway. Someone spending all their time making jedi would run into a wall of Bounties. You can bet by the time someone get anywhere near 250, that their opponent(s) would know what they are up to and react accordingly.

As for the heroes... well that's simply to make them more realistic. The temple jedi are generic, so they have generic stats. The hero jedi can be worked to better fit the actual character. This might make them stronger or weaker than the generic depending on the individual...

Kryllith

I didnt mean 200 troopers at once i meant 200 total. Even 1 trooper can do damage to a jedi in swgb which isnt accurate it takes only 1 laser shot in a critical area to kill a jedi but in the game as i said it does damage just for hitting it why not reflect?

then you don't know how much health he has left

and when he is gowing to die

Jedi in the movies never fought formations of 40 repeater troopers They fought a dozen at most and they never concentrated their fire. Weak jedi only got killed? Well there isn't exactly an unlimited supply of Yodas and other jedi of his level. And why would a jedi cost more? They already are almost as exspensive as an assualt mech. Jedi don't even charge for their services (and if someone says this is a game and not a movie, then why would they get more hps?)

Well, think of this. Jedi are used effectively when you concentrate your attention on them. Give them mind trick. Go to a base and cause havoc. If the number of troopers will kill too many of the masters, run away. If bounties come and you are fatally outnumbered, send some jedi to sacrifice themselves and the others run. These ideas are kind of immpratical. Most players concentrate on the rest of their armies and economy and throw their jedi in like mech destroyers.

You never saw jedi get slaughtered in the movies, because they never had the oppratunity to fight a column of assault mechs flanked by bounties. Or you never saw a jedi get sliced appart by 20 frigates. In gb, they are strategy pieces. In the movies they could act by themselves and avoid their weak areas (like against large numbers of troopers).

A Jedi would be heavily overpowered especially a master civ. Ranged units that can convert almost anything in their path is not good. Jedi are more raiders(well for me). I use them for raids in enemy bases. I try to convert everything I can(including workers) I even can build a fortress inside someone's base if I convert enough workers.

I mean really if jedi can deflect and send back lasers why do they attack close range in SWGB? This makes it so a bunch of troopers can kill darth vader or any other jedi which is not very accurate.

Well, if you want to get technical... deflecting a laser would be more defensive than actually attacking... you can't attack at a distance with a lightsaber unless you would throw it at someone (e.g. Windu's forcemove in JPB for PSX when he throws his saber).

And as stated, obviously Jedi are strong but not impervious to blasters as we saw in II and will undoubtedly see more of in III.

I think they're fine as is... especially in the scope of this game.

Exactly. In a game like this each unit only attacks in one specific way. Why aren't you complaining about Bombers having lasers and missiles as well as bombs, AATs having missiles, or even an airspeeder having a harpoon and tow-cable? Because it is just too much for this sort of game. Maybe in a flight-sim or a FPS, but not an RTS.

oh people why wont you listen i meant deflect lasers and throw them back not throw lightsabers at buildings and pull them back...

Derrr!

I repeat.... because that isn't an attack. It's defensive.

o and pbguy u from NJ? me 2!

Yeah, unfortunately I am... but I take Manhattan as my second home since I spend about 9-10 hours a day there... work and all...

Archived