Home

Harry Potter

Surfnshannon

I was just curious if any of you read the Potter Books? I read the Prisoner of Ackbar (sp?) in just a couple of hours. I loved it! I know I'm 23 reading a childrens book..psha. Now I am going to go out and buy the fourth book. If any of you read these books what do you think is going to happen to the charectors. Do you have any theorys etc...am I the only Potter fan here....

I love the books too! It is a common mistake to belive that they are children books, for they are not pointed directly at children, they are also a great read for both teenagers and adults.

The fourth book is so far the darkest of them, but I shouldn't reveal any spoilers. Anyways, my favourite so far is the first book, just because there is something special about him coming to Hogwarts for the first time and is like "Whoa!". But I really like the other books too. BTW, Lupin is cool, don't you think?

Prisoner of Ackbar (sp?)

Prisoner of Ackbar, lol :lol:. It is Prisoner of Azkaban.

Anyways, I think that something will happen to Cornelius Fudge, don't really like him, also I think Lucius Malfoy is going to cause some more havoc. I also think Viktor Krum will have a part in the next book, and continue to be a character there. Perhaps that is so with Fleur Delacour too.

I think that they will get together - definately. There is a lot of hints in the books about it. Yes they fight a lot but that always happens to young kids until you actually realise you like them! I liked Lupin a lot. I thought he was very cool although I knew there was something strange about him. I never put it together that he was a warewolf!! I think that there is a VERY LARGE Corolation with the kids and their parents or the people that used to attend Hogwarts. Harry's rival Draco is sounding much like James rival Snape (sorry if I got his name wrong I'ms oo tired). I am wary of Pf. Snape but I think that he isn't as bad as he seems. Now I do think that later in the books Draco M is going to somehow get stuck imbetween all this madness with Voldemort. I think he's going to work for him somehow and that him and Harry are going to have a huge face-off, Harry will win and of course Draco will be spared. Just my thoughts.

Well, I think people need to understand that the books are getting much more young adult oriented. After all, Hermione, Harry and Ron are getting older with each book and turning into teenagers. And along with their maturation comes all the trials, heartaches and just general angst of being teenagers. Not to mention that little problem Harry has with some guy called Voldemort. So yes, the series started out as a children's book, but it will ultimately end up with something a lot darker and more mature.

BTW, is there anyone else than me who really want to see a duel between Padfoot (Sirius) and Wormtail (Pettigrew) in one of the later books? Want to see more of Moony (Lupin) also. Want to see more fighting between Aurors and Death Eaters too. Can't wait for the 5th book:cool::cool:

SPOILERified by SPY_jmr1...

I definatly recomend others to read the books. I think as the series goes a long it is going to get more and more interesting. I AM SOOOO Wanting to know about the Potter Past and what secrets Dumbledorf knows....

I think Dumbledorf is going to die and on his deathbed he is going to tell Harry some good stuff! Even though I hate for the old guy to die...I just have this feeling it is going to happen so that Harry has to face old Volde all by his lonesome.

I liked the charactor Sirrus Black and it is confirmed that in the next book 5th one that there will be a little bit more of Lupin. :)

Yes, the books might be getting more adult oriented, but there are still a lot of kids reading them. No, I don't think Ron and Hermione will get together.. God are you the same people who wonder about wheter Ash and Misty will ever kiss? There doesn't HAVE TO be love and romantics in EVERY DAMN tale for it to be good, for crying out loud :rolleyes:.

BTW, a friend of mine said that a friend of him had said that in an interview, Rowling stated that in the last book "all magic would diappear from the world when Potter and the bad guy both die." I'll buy the death part, but all magic disappearing? That's just something he came up with, right? Right??

Oh, and I think NL_Ackbar eventually releases his prisoners in "prisoners of Ackbar" :D :D

i hope so, eagle... :eek:

I don't buy the dying part...heroes can't die!! :(...oh well, they can, but we just don't like it, right? ;)

And, Eagle, i only bought up the question about Ron and Hermione cuz it seemed kinda obvious that it would happen. Rowling hinted to it in an interview, i heard...i personally don't care as long as the books are good to read :)

ya that's my hope too kkrode. I don't think she would just give away the ending like that however...she did say OFFICIALLy in an interview that

One of the main charectors dies and nobody is going to be happy about it

maybe that's what got turned into

Harry Potter dies!!

when i read about that interview the first thing that popped into my mind was

That Ron dies. Probably heroically saving Harry - kinda like his moment of glory after living in Harry's shadow for all his life, that saving part puts him down in history as a hero which he always wanted, but can't experience. I don't think Hermione dies-she just doesn't seem like a dyer :p . As for other people, Hagrid might die, or some other character who might become "main" later on - like Lupin, might die.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finished the 4th book Goblet of Fire just a couple of days ago. GOOD BOOK! It left me wanting more!!! I hope that author and her publishers get their acts together because I'm hanging in suspence. I'm going to talk about the book now and I'm sick of *spoiler tags* so if you don't want to know what happens don't read any farther than this.

*spoilers*

I can't believe they killed Cedric like that!!! He didn't even get a fighting chance!!! I guess she had to make Voldemort show just how much evil he is capable of doing...but still poor Cedric. I was shocked about how Wormtail just chopped his arm off like that!! The movie is going to be soooo scary if they make it. Do you guys understand the part about Dumbledore having that look of triumph. I was trying to come up with a theory of it. The only thing I can think of is that he is pleased that Voldemort has given up the pursuit of imortality and therefore can be killed. But he is still upset about what Voldemort is capable of and that is why it is only a split second of triumph. Do you think snape is evil? I don't think he is. I think he just gets a bad rap. I think that he is going die possibly. I think Volde is going to be a little ticked that he didn't show up at their little group huddle. Same with that one guy who ran away. Do you guys have any guesses as to what the "Order of the Pheonix" is??? Just a bunch of old wizards out to stop Volde or? ?? I think it has to do with the Pheonix and how it changes..it has eternal life doesn't it??

Archived