Home

Harry Potter

Surfnshannon

*spoilers*

I can't believe they killed Cedric like that!!! He didn't even get a fighting chance!!!

Yes, Cedrics death bothered me too, since he was probably the most hero-like character in Harry Potter, very kind and fair.

Do you think snape is evil? I don't think he is. I think he just gets a bad rap. I think that he is going die possibly. I think Volde is going to be a little ticked that he didn't show up at their little group huddle.

I think Volde is going after him at least, remember that Snape betrayed Volde when he was death eater and gave vital information to the Aurors, thats why he didn't go to Azkaban.

Do you guys have any guesses as to what the "Order of the Pheonix" is??? Just a bunch of old wizards out to stop Volde or? ?? I think it has to do with the Pheonix and how it changes..it has eternal life doesn't it??

My guess is that the "Order of Phoenix" is the order of Aurors (people who fight the dark arts). With the fourth book ending with Volde rising to power again, and gathering his Death Eaters, there should be some fighting between them and the Aurors, and that is why it is called "Order of Phoenix"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen this website?

http://www.mugglenet.com

I can recommend it to any HP fan, it has a lot of cool things.

For example, did you know that "Lupin" means "wolf-like"? The name orgins are fun. Take Gilderoy Lockhart. "Gilderoy" is a highwayman known for being handsome, and Lockhart is a town in Australia near Wagga Wagga ("Compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf", anyone?). Or did you know that there was a dark wizard in medieval times named Voldermortist? And I haven't even started on the spell names orgins.

Originally posted by Luke Skywalker

I refuse to read HP...

Why? :confused:

I can higly recommend them, it's one of them series of books you can read through, and at once your'e finished, you'll want to start over again. I love both LOTR and HP, to not read HP is not to stay "true" to LOTR. And the HP books are also quite different from the movies.

I won't read them because I have a problem with originality. There are many more books that are written much better with a hint of originality. And no Im not one of those people that goes around raving that it copies LOTR. In fact Im glad it doesnt copy LOTR because I'd be pissed. I simply feel that if I want to read fantasy I'll read fantasy that has more meaning and story depth then Harry Potter. And don't give me "they have lots of story depth. look how long they are!" crap. Just because they are popular doesn't mean they are "good" fantasy.

Have you read even one book? I was skeptical at first, but then I read one and was completely shocked. The author has a special way of tying everything together. I really liked to be surprised and she does this. Its an easy read and of course it is for enjoyment etc. I don't like it when other books copy eachother either - and I feel that this book series is very original.

Originally posted by Luke Skywalker

I won't read them because I have a problem with originality. There are many more books that are written much better with a hint of originality. And no Im not one of those people that goes around raving that it copies LOTR. In fact Im glad it doesnt copy LOTR because I'd be pissed. I simply feel that if I want to read fantasy I'll read fantasy that has more meaning and story depth then Harry Potter. And don't give me "they have lots of story depth. look how long they are!" crap. Just because they are popular doesn't mean they are "good" fantasy.

went through and de-spoilered this thread...

GEEZ man, talk about closed minded...

how did you come by LOTR, may I ask? surely you did not know this information from birth, now did you?

how do you know that Harry Potter has no "depth"(:rolleyes:) if you refuse to read it?

i've yet to hear a decent reason as to WHY you dont care for them... if the movies put you off; well ****, the movies changed so much its not even funny...

JM Qui-Gon Jinn is correct in saying that the rereadiblity is insane... beyond the plot points you miss the first EIGHT times through, the small details about the world are incredible...

[/RANT] :D

Actually the movies make me want to read the books, like LOTR. Since they are designed as children's books, I leave them alone. However more and more adults are attending the Potter movies, is that such a bad thing? I have to admit, that after Harry Potter, And The Sorceror's Stone, I instantly became attached to the characters and the story. The whole concept is brilliant. I wish Harry Potter was around when I was a little kid. Oh well, I had Darth Vader! ;P

my fiance makes fun of me for reading these "children's books too" and I at first was skeptical but drawn into them by the movies. After I watched the second movie I HAD to know what happened next!!! These books leave you hanging...it is a great mystery why Harry is leading the life he is leading! Why does this bad guy want Harry dead...why did he kill Harry's Dad but wasn't really interested in Killing Harry's mother? There are some real concepts here that I'm sure kids would read over and not quite get. The depth is there - in order to hold the older readers interest and the charectors and the adventures are there in order to keep the younger readers interested. The author said that she never wrote these stories with the intention of it being for a kid or an adult. She wrote them for herself. Being that, she wrote them so adults would enjoy them. These books get darker as they progress and it doesn't help that all these toy makers are merchandising the hell out of it. They are making it so adults are put off in reading this great book series.

Ever heard of the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover"

I tried recently to read "The Hobbit"...its taking me awhile to get into the book. He is very descriptive...kinda looses my interest sometimes. Really hard to get into. I still go on though because I know that everyone loves LOTR and highly reccomend it.

Harry is easy to read...once I started I couldn't stop. I feel sorry for those who have been waiting years for this next book to come out...which is coming in JUNE or is it July. Either way its coming!!!!

Originally posted by STTCT

I tried recently to read "The Hobbit"...its taking me awhile to get into the book. He is very descriptive...kinda looses my interest sometimes. Really hard to get into. I still go on though because I know that everyone loves LOTR and highly reccomend it.

The Hobbit is one of my favourite books, it was a bit difficult on the beginning, but I really enjoyed it after that. But I can agree that Harry Potter is easy read.

(BTW, check out my all-new Harry Potter-avatar)

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Flanders

And I think Harry has a bit of romance with Hermione in the next book...

:D

I now quote one of the best lines ever.

wanna buy some death sticks?; you dont want to sell me death sticks.; I dont wanna sell you death sticks...; you want to go home and rethink your life.; I want to go home... and rethink my life...

you are allowed to think that if you like, but i'm afraid i'll have to kill you...;)

please rethink your ideas. *HINT*HINT*

Archived