Home

Binding Blue/Yellow Specials to 1 key IS A MUST!!!!!

Marker0077

I'm an old time scripter, when I played Action Quake 2 I have 4 autoexec.cfg files because if I put everything in 1 autoexec (or 2, or 3) it would crash Quake 2. When I first started putting in binds to do special moves I was using " wait " commands (which is what made me believe that some binds would cause certain buttons to get stuck, etc; etc. which I now know is not true with the new Quake 3/JO engine), so my first binds that I made were quite off.

Anyways, the point is last night I tried binding the special moves to 1 button (in a different way) & I have to tell you, IT IS NOT FOR N00BS, it sooooo not for n00bs. Before, I would have to hold crouch down for at least a second before I could even hit forward & attack, it literally takes a minimum of 1 second to do either a blue or yellow special. I would never win a blue special stand off, & I do mean damn near never. I thought it was the PC I was using (just slow), but it's not. Now, it takes about a half of a second to do either special & I have to tell you that binding the blue & yellow special moves to a key IS A MUST . Now heres how you do it...

While in-game, press shift & tilde (~) to bring down the console. Once in the console type " bind 3 "+attack; +movedown; +forward" ". This binds the blue special to 3. To do this with a different key just replace 3 with whatever key you like. If you are not sure what the word is for that key, go into controls setup & bind whatever key you want to anything, you should see the word for that key to whatever you bound to it. Yellow special is the same as blue, except replace +movedown with +moveup. I also have to tell you, at first it's kinda uncomfortable doing the specials this way, but it will improve your game once you get used to it. No longer do I complain about how dodgy those specials are & I hope this allows you to not do so either.

Im a real scripter (not that ur not) and find it easier to bind The Yellow Special (The fliping one) and the blue air lunge to the mouse scroll. And any other special to the mouse3 button. For those who use the scroll for changing weapons, use the the numbers. Much better and easier

Scripting moves ruins the game for you and everyone you play with.

1) It makes the game easier. Once you bind moves, all you have to do is press a button and Voila! its done. If you know how to do a move w/o scripting it makes the game more challenging and more fun IMHO.

2) It makes the game more repetitive. Not only for yourself, but for others too. All you have to do is press a button continously and then you can beat someone...doesn't that get boring? Would you like to press a button every single day for the rest of your life as a career or job? I hope not, because it gets old quickly. If you do the moves normally, you can discover new combos and varieties with the saber and lets you get the most out of the game. In a way, it give you a better bang for your buck...or time.

In short, IMHO, scripting is cheap and just plain stupid. I would rather discover and do things myself then let my computer do it for me.

Put this in the scripting thread...which should be deleted IMHO.

Originally posted by Marker0077

...binding the blue & yellow special moves to a key IS A MUST . Now heres how you do it...

:disaprove :disaprove :disaprove

EDIT: would it be too much to ask that you edited your post or better yet; deleted the whole thing?

'cause you never know: there might be people here who are dumb enough to do what you're doing.

no its not a must, infact, if you cant press 3 buttons simultaneously, i doubt you have the brain capacity to use the script created.

The only useful combat-scriipt is the sabrelock breaker, and its up to each individual to decide whether he/she should use it.

Scripting moves ruins the game for you and everyone you play with.

1) It makes the game easier. Once you bind moves, all you have to do is press a button and Voila! its done. If you know how to do a move w/o scripting it makes the game more challenging and more fun IMHO.

I disagree with this statement. Scripting for combat dont just allow you to press one button and you succeed/win. Only a small part of the game is about knowing how to do a move, as 90% of ppl all know already, the larger part is knowing when and why.

Yes Scripting does makes it easier for the user and unfair to others if you and others have played for just 1 or 2 weeks, the more you play the less difference it makes. In fact, scripting combat moves will be detrimental in many cases in the long run.

Originally posted by thehomicidalegg

The only useful combat-scriipt is the sabrelock breaker, and its up to each individual to decide whether he/she should use it.

I think lunge-scripters have an advantage too, but the medium finisher is such a risky move that it usually gets yourself killed - so you might be better off when you fail to perform it. :D

I fought some saberlock-scripters yesterday and it does get a bit frustrating when you know there is no way you can win even though you click the crap out of your mouse. Luckily many scripters have the dignity not to kill you while you're on the ground. It's, like, for "self protection only"... :)

But hey - what the hell: Let's take out all that boring stuff like TIMING, AIMING and DEXTERITY! Let's make JO a virtual game of chess! Awesomel337!!

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by thehomicidalegg

I disagree with this statement. Scripting for combat dont just allow you to press one button and you succeed/win. Only a small part of the game is about knowing how to do a move, as 90% of ppl all know already, the larger part is knowing when and why.

Don't forget, pushing the right buttons when your hands are sweaty, you're stressed out and generally fighting for your life will make the game a LOT easier for the scripter. 100% of every fight is doing something simultaneously, whether it be simple hand eye coordination or complex key combos done on the run.

Tired of tap tap tapping away during saberlocks? With this bind, you won't have to anymore!!!!

Bind a key to " "+attack; -attack" ". Whenever you get into a saber lock, hold whatever key you bind that to down.

Now for the responses...

PETEYKing: I don't use scrollup/down for that because I can easily hit it on accident when trying to use the secondary attack & vice versa, but to each their own. Thanks for the input anywayz man.

wassup, Squater, & thehomicidalegg: It's all a matter of opinion man. Fact is, when I use the binds, I can do the blue/yellow specials twice as fast than doing it manually & it's easier. Yellow special is still pretty dodgy, but not as much as it was before. The only reason why it's dodgy is because you have to have your opponent in your crosshair when you execute the move.

Saying that someone is cheating because they bind specials to one key is like saying someone who is playing with a keyboard is cheating because his opponent is using a joystick. This thing isn't refilling your health or anything like that, it's just making moves you can already do faster & a little easier. You are being given an option here improve your controls here, or you can stick with the joystick.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

EDIT: would it be too much to ask that you edited your post or better yet; deleted the whole thing?

'cause you never know: there might be people here who are dumb enough to do what you're doing.

That's pretty clever man, what are you like 10? What you contribute to this thread (with this post anyways) is about as useful as tits on a bull. Perhaps your parents never taught you polite manners (or perhaps you just ignored them & became an ass all on your own), but if you do not have anything constructive to add to thread, don't post it (I believe the saying goes "Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all").

wassup, Squater, & thehomicidalegg: It's all a matter of opinion man. Fact is, when I use the binds, I can do the blue/yellow specials twice as fast than doing it manually & it's easier. Yellow special is still pretty dodgy, but not as much as it was before. The only reason why it's dodgy is because you have to have your opponent in your crosshair when you execute the move.

Saying that someone is cheating because they bind specials to one key is like saying someone who is playing with a keyboard is cheating because his opponent is using a joystick. This thing isn't refilling your health or anything like that, it's just making moves you can already do faster & a little easier. You are being given an option here improve your controls here, or you can stick with the joystick.

When did I say its cheating??????? Never! I said scripting is for noobs. I mean honestly, if its so hard for you to do the move, then dont come with your little noob scripts, while other people actually have to practice on moves, scripters dont!

Scripters = People who finds it to difficult to make a move, gives up, gets a script! And then they can sudenly do it, wooooo that truly requires that your good at the game! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Squater

When did I say its cheating??????? Never! I said scripting is for noobs. I mean honestly, if its so hard for you to do the move, then dont come with your little noob scripts, while other people actually have to practice on moves, scripters dont!

Scripters = People who finds it to difficult to make a move, gives up, gets a script! And then they can sudenly do it, wooooo that truly requires that your good at the game! :rolleyes:

#1: When did I say you said it was cheating? I was addressing a few people, not just you. Saying that scripts are cheats is a stereotypical comment, that's why I said it.

#2: When did I say it was hard for me to do the move? I said yellow was a little dodgy, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's difficult to do. Well, I have said it twice but appearently you still haven't heard me. Lets try this 1 more time.

Using the specials bound to 1 key allows me to do the move twice as fast.

I used to say the EXACT same thing you are saying "scripts are for n00bs", if you read the tactics guide you can actually quote me on that, but then some guy was telling me about how its faster, I didn't believe it at the time, but I tried it anywhow, just so I could say "I have tried it & he was wrong", but he wasn't wrong.

Before I would have to hold down crouch A MINIMUM of 1 second to do the special (not in a stand-still, I mean while moving/in mid-air). With the special bound to 1 key - half a second, second - tops. I don't always use the special keys to do the move, just depends on the situation.

Bottom line here is don't go around saying all this & that about something you haven't even tried doing, because if you haven't tried it, you don't necessarily know what your talking about.

I hated using the special binds at first, but once I got used to them I found them to be very useful.

It seems to me you are getting frustrated (due to what seems to be an attempt to offend me) & you are taking things out of context. I'm trying to be a nice guy & give you some helpful pointers. If this is not your cup of tea, thats fine, too each their own, but no need to be offensive. This is a friendly thread (or at least should be) & I would appreciate mature feedback (not implying your immature).

That's pretty clever man, what are you like 10? What you contribute to this thread (with this post anyways) is about as useful as tits on a bull. Perhaps your parents never taught you polite manners (or perhaps you just ignored them & became an ass all on your own), but if you do not have anything constructive to add to thread, don't post it (I believe the saying goes "Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all").

Ha ha ha.

If you'd been around more than a few days you might have noticed that scripting- threads pop up constantly.

I have argued my case quite enough. If you want to spend the next few hours browsing through thoughs on the subject take a thread like

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82140

Here the issue however is "Is scripting cheating?".

IMO scripting is not only amazingly LAME but it is cheating as well in certain situations. Some share my views, others don't.

Now since you are obviously "mr. well-mannered", would you call it cool, nice behaviour to use, say, a saber lock script and thus win every duel against a guy who is deperately trying to do things the way THEY WERE MEANT TO BE DONE i.e clicking his mouse?

To me that might seem as pretty ****ty behaviour. I'd say that you cheated and robbed him out of his well deserved victory. I'd say you piss people off with your scripting.

I'd say that starting a new thread urging people to use scripts (instead of practising their skill, aim, timing & dexterity) and adding detailed instructions on how to use them is retarded.

If you found my reply insulting and rude...well, sir, you deserved it.

#1: When did I say you said it was cheating? I was addressing a few people, not just you. Saying that scripts are cheats is a stereotypical comment, that's why I said it.

#2: When did I say it was hard for me to do the move? I said yellow was a little dodgy, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's difficult to do. Well, I have said it twice but appearently you still haven't heard me. Lets try this 1 more time.

Using the specials bound to 1 key allows me to do the move twice as fast.

I used to say the EXACT same thing you are saying "scripts are for n00bs", if you read the tactics guide you can actually quote me on that, but then some guy was telling me about how its faster, I didn't believe it at the time, but I tried it anywhow, just so I could say "I have tried it & he was wrong", but he wasn't wrong.

Before I would have to hold down crouch A MINIMUM of 1 second to do the special (not in a stand-still, I mean while moving/in mid-air). With the special bound to 1 key - half a second, second - tops. I don't always use the special keys to do the move, just depends on the situation.

Bottom line here is don't go around saying all this & that about something you haven't even tried doing, because if you haven't tried it, you don't necessarily know what your talking about.

I hated using the special binds at first, but once I got used to them I found them to be very useful.

It seems to me you are getting frustrated (due to what seems to be an attempt to offend me) & you are taking things out of context. I'm trying to be a nice guy & give you some helpful pointers. If this is not your cup of tea, thats fine, too each their own, but no need to be offensive. This is a friendly thread (or at least should be) & I would appreciate mature feedback (not implying your immature).

Scripts are lame Mister, and I happen not to like lame people, so I guess you could say I dont like you. The moves wernt made so you should be able to tap one button to do a move. And that saber block script is just so lame, I mean its one of the most lame things you can do. The guy tries to desperatly click the attack button but, since you got a script no matter how much he clicks you win. Scripters pisses me off, ooo it does the move twice as fast, LAME nothing else than lame! Is it really any fun winning a saber block becasue you use a script? And if you make a thread about, "Binding Blue/Yellow Special to 1 key is a must" then Mister, you have to except that it pisses people off! And quite frankly I dont care if you take my posts offending!

If you'd been around more than a few days you might have noticed that scripting- threads pop up constantly.

Been around more than a few days (lol)? I have been playing online games for over 10 years, since the beginning to be specific. Back when the internet was even popular & we had to call a local BBS system to play Doom, you were more than likely wetting your pants over the concept of 3-D gaming (or you were a wet spot in your daddys pants, judging by the immature nature you choose to communicate, I would say it's probably this one). Whether it was Doom, Quake 1 (TF), Quake 2 (AQ2/Weapons Factory), Quake 3 (Too many to list), Half-life (CS, DoD, AHL, etc; etc.), MoHAA, or Jedi Outcast (I got a week after it had been released) I have been there & done that.

I played Jedi Knight 1 with the original BGJ map & no matter where you go, if you say the name Marker0077 & they know of me, they will more than likely tell you that they enjoy playing with me because, unlike you, I choose to be polite & courteous & that's exactly how I play in JO; With player etiquette & sportsmanship, something I HIGHLY DOUBT you know anything about.

Perhaps I have you pegged wrong & you are a good sport in-game, but if you can't keep your cool on these forums, I just can't see you keeping your cool in-game whenever you lose. The only thing worse than a bad loser (aside from a cheater, nothing is worse than that), is a bad winner & no matter which one you happen to be, I easily see you as being either one. I could be wrong, but perhaps we'll just find out. I leave all my in-game names in my signature, you know where to find me.

Now since you are obviously "mr. well-mannered", would you call it cool, nice behaviour to use, say, a saber lock script and thus win every duel against a guy who is deperately trying to do things the way THEY WERE MEANT TO BE DONE i.e clicking his mouse?

To me that might seem as pretty ****ty behaviour. I'd say that you cheated and robbed him out of his well deserved victory. I'd say you piss people off with your scripting.

Who said I attacked people when they were down? You're assuming way to much & that makes an ass out of u & ming. If you think that's something I am just saying now, then check the saber tactics guide, it's something I have been saying before I even knew about this bind.

If both players choose to tap repeatedly on the fire button you know who wins (as long as both players tap at least 3 times per second)? NOT the person with the faster tapping speed, the person with the lower ping - that's who wins. There is no client-side tapping per second scale-of-rate being sent to the server like a the fps scale, it sends it 1 tap at a time which is not precise due to lag (meaning when you get that connection problem, or your ping jumps), packetloss, & most of all the ping itself. If you don't believe me, try looking at the code sometime.

If both players choose to use the bind, whoever pressed the bind button first may win, but more than likely it will be a tie. So what's worse? On second thought, don't answer that. Due to the way we started off, I highly doubt you are the type of person who would ever give credit where credit is due.

So again, ya I use the bind for saber locks, but I don't attack people when they are down unless there is force jump on the server (the only way to counter someone trying to attack you while your down, but even then I usually don't attack people while are down, from a saber lock loss), or they attack me while I'm down (then it's definitely on like the sun).

I'd say that starting a new thread urging people to use scripts (instead of practising their skill, aim, timing & dexterity) and adding detailed instructions on how to use them is retarded.

Skill, aim, & dexterity? FFS man the binds make the blue/yellow specials a little faster, it doesn't go around the room attacking your opponent for you.

Adding detailed instructions on how to use them is retarded? Well, if someone else reading this is new & not sure how to even bring down the console, that would be information they need to know if they were to use it, so no, it's not retarded.

There is a poll on this at http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15163.

If you found my reply insulting and rude...well, sir, you deserved it.

Whether you agree or disagree with using the binds is your own opinion & you are more than entitled to it, however, no matter whether you agree or disagree, there is no need to be rude. Unlike you, I don't turn myself into a rude wanker just because I don't have the same views as someone else. Grow up.

Originally posted by Squater

Scripts are lame Mister, and I happen not to like lame people, so I guess you could say I dont like you. The moves wernt made so you should be able to tap one button to do a move. And that saber block script is just so lame, I mean its one of the most lame things you can do. The guy tries to desperatly click the attack button but, since you got a script no matter how much he clicks you win. Scripters pisses me off, ooo it does the move twice as fast, LAME nothing else than lame! Is it really any fun winning a saber block becasue you use a script? And if you make a thread about, "Binding Blue/Yellow Special to 1 key is a must" then Mister, you have to except that it pisses people off! And quite frankly I dont care if you take my posts offending!

First of all, read the last reply I left to Luc Solar, it explains there the EXACT differences between using the bind & not using the bind, from the code itself.

Secondly, the faults with the specials are in the same right as the saber lock in some ways. There should be 1 command for specials & the client-side sends it to the server whenever the the 3 movements are made. if it was done this way then it theoretically should be just as fast as the bind, but actually doing the move; But that's not how it works.

You have to send 3 commands to the server, to do the 1 move. It's faster this way & you are being given the option to do the same thing - that makes it fair game. If you think it's gamingly unethical to use the binds, that's your opinion & you are more than entitled to it, but keep in mind, it's your opinion, not fact.

All im trying to say is that most people are misled regarding to scripts and the paranoia accompanied. They arent all-unfair-supercheap-lame-etc moves so that by pressing just 1 or 2 keys the opponent loses. The more you play the less difference they make, and changes from an "l4m3rz" alternative, to just another alternatives.

Been around more than a few days (lol)? I have been playing online games for over 10 years, since the beginning.....

Perhaps if you weren't constantly focusing so much on being *older* than all the rest of us little kiddies, you might have understood that by "being around", I meant being around on these forums. We've had dozens of threads concerning scripting.

I say scripting is not only utterly lame but also cheating. I've argumented my case quite enough. All Pro-scripters have to give is::

"It's in the game! Wtf ur a n00b! Everyone is doing it!"

If there is someone out there who doesn't see anything wrong with these arguments then... :disaprove

Here's one of the billion posts I've written on the subject, and yes, I was on a bad mood:

Oh wow. It seems every time I come back to these forums, someone has started a new thread about scripting.

I bet 20% of my post count deals with this subject...but still, despite of my efforts I'm forced to read the same retarded crap over and over again! What crap, you ask? Well how about:

* everyone can script so it isn't cheating.

(Yes, everyone can also cheat. So cheating isn't cheating? Great logic )

* scripts don't give you an advantage.

(Yeah right... so these totally l337 people are just handicapping themselves so that the rest of us would get a chance to beat them?

Of course scripts give you an advantage. Perhaps the JO demi-gods do just fine without them, but let's not pretend that it isn't advantageous to have a 100% successfull lunge or a saber lock script that taps fire 10x faster than any human ever could?

* scripters can be beaten.

(Yes, and we all would probably lose to Tyson even though we used metal plates inside our gloves. Why would the possibility of beating a scripter have any relevance?)

This topic annoys the hell out of me. WHY can't people just PLAY the game? Practise, get better, win. WHY would you go into the basejk- (or whatever) folder and create few notepad files with more or less complicated series of commands and them bind them to certain keys? JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME!

And no, I do not have to draw the line between cheat-scripts and scripts that aren't cheating. Just like it is not necessary to find the fine line that separates slapping someone from assault and battery when the guy is bleeding to death with a broken skull.

Scripts are nowhere near the line. Special controllers might make me think about it for a moment, but all this pull-backstab-yawspeed-script-crap... If someone thinks that is cool then...I honestly feel sorry for you.

....you were more than likely wetting your pants over the concept of 3-D gaming (or you were a wet spot in your daddys pants, judging by the immature nature you choose to communicate, I would say it's probably this one).

I have been there & done that.

I played Jedi Knight 1 with the original BGJ map & no matter where you go, if you say the name Marker0077 & they know of me, they will more than likely tell you that they enjoy playing with me because, unlike you, I choose to be polite & courteous & that's exactly how I play in JO; With player etiquette & sportsmanship, something I HIGHLY DOUBT you know anything about.

LMAO! What an egoistic hypocrite!

I disaprove of your new thread and say posting it was a dumb thing to do (keeping in mind that a whole lot of people think that scripts, which you are encouraging to use, are a) lame and/or b) cheating) and you Mr. Well-mannered chose to be courteous by giving me: "wet spot in daddys pants, immature, bad loser/winner, rude wanker & grow up etc. etc." :rolleyes:

Again: you could not be more wrong about me. There are probably 5 flames in my entire post-count and you deserved one of them. You can assume whatever you want. I really don't care.

Please drop the whole "I'm older than you so STFU-act." Since you keep bringing it up over and over again, you might want to check out my birthdate. Ooops? :rolleyes:

And I don't care about your game ethics. No matter how many times you bow or whatever, I have my opinion about scripts and I'm sticking to it.

People can play on a cheat enabled server and have the time of their lives. That doesn't mean that it's ok to log on a random FFA and start messing around in god-mode.

So...tell you what: why don't you make a Kill Tracker sort of script that says: "Marker0077 performed a scripted [insert move here]" every time you use scripts?

Or maybe you should put Marker0077[i-use-scripts] as your ingame name? Try it. I'd love to hear how it affects your gaming experience....'cause after all: there's nothing wrong with scripting is there? Nothing wrong with starting new threads encouraging people to script...?

Skill, aim, & dexterity? FFS man the binds make the blue/yellow specials a little faster, it doesn't go around the room attacking your opponent for you.

Yeah...so it's only "cheating-a-little and thus ok? :rolleyes:

As I said: I'm all done with this subject. It annoys me to no end when people say stuff like: "I can use it 'cause other's are using it too." That is just so dumb. :disaprove

What I asked you to do was to EDIT or DELETE this thread. (I still am.) You are not doing the community a favour here.

This part of the post is in response to Luc Solar...

Perhaps if you weren't constantly focusing so much on being *older* than all the rest of us little kiddies

Focusing so much? I said that once & that's cause you said I was a n00b, but you were referring to these forums & not the game, my mistake. It doesn't change the fact that all I was trying to do was inform everyone that didn't know about the binds. You could have posted a simple "Sorry, no offense, but I think thats way lame because it's like cheating", or something to that effect, instead you insist on being a rude prick right of the bat.

Furthermore, your age may or may not be what you say it is, I just figured you talk like a kid so I figured you were one because I don't know about the rest of you out there in forumland, but I don't know any adults that talk that way.

LMAO! What an egoistic hypocrite!

You think I'm being hypocritical? Why, because I talked trash to you? Guess what dude, I tried talking nice to you even after the first time you were acting like a jerk, but you just insisted on being an ass, so ya, eventually I will start talking trash too, so what?

Anyways, there is no point in this conversation & I certaintly don't feel like arguing to change the opinion on someone who I don't even care what there opinion is. You say its a cheat, I say it's not cheating. I say you're twisting things to make them seem like something there not, you say your not. Nothing is going to change your opinion, & again, I don't care what it is anymore. I was hoping you would be mature about the whole thing & appologize for behaving like a kid, but appearently you have just as much stubborness as you do rudeness, but your right dude, I have you all pegged wrong.

If anyone else feels like disputing the issue I have no problem with it, but this guy takes what I say out of context, or exaggerates it, or whatever & I for one don't enjoy arguing for something that's just not going to change.

This part of the post is for anyone EXCEPT Luc Solar...

I can see how some people can see these binds as cheats, but they really are not. All your doing is something you could already do before, its just now its a little faster. It's not like your using that reconnecting cheat so you can refill your health.

Lets put this another way, let's say you were playing online with an X-Box & your opponent has a controller that can have macros stored in it, or he has a turbo controller. Is he cheating because he has a better controller? Lets forget the the X-Box part, let's just say you had the gamers mouse from heaven with turbo & macro features. How about then? Are you cheating because you have the coolest mouse on the block? It's the EXACT same concept, actually, this is a little more fair than that because all of use can have these turbo & macro features, it's not something you have to go out & buy.

If both players choose to not use the binds & tap repeatedly on the fire button you know who wins (as long as both players tap at least 3 times per second)? NOT the person with the faster tapping speed, the person with the lower ping - that's who wins.

There is no client-side tapping per second scale-of-rate like the fps scale, then being sent to the server every second, it sends it 1 tap at a time which is not precise due to lag (meaning when you get a connection problem, or your ping jumps), packetloss, & most of all the ping itself.

If both players choose to use the bind, whoever pressed the bind button first may win, but more than likely it will be a tie.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all binds/scripts aren't cheats, I'm just saying that I just don't see these particular binds as cheats.

You could have posted a simple "Sorry, no offense, but I think thats way lame because it's like cheating", or something to that effect, instead you insist on being a rude prick right of the bat.

So by saying using scripts is Dumb (as I did in my reply), I become a rude, 10-year-old prick? That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Perhaps you read someone elses post and thought it was mine 'cause as far as flaming goes, "dumb" is just about nicest thing one can be called...? :confused:

Furthermore, your age may or may not be what you say it is, I just figured you talk like a kid so I figured you were one because I don't know about the rest of you out there in forumland, but I don't know any adults that talk that way.

I talk like a 10-year-old? Interesting. Oh well, I can't be the judge of that. English is not my first language and I'm a bit biased to say anything about that anyways...

You think I'm being hypocritical? Why, because I talked trash to you? Guess what dude, I tried talking nice to you even after the first time you were acting like a jerk, but you just insisted on being an ass, so ya, eventually I will start talking trash too, so what?

I'm sorry I must have missed that post. As I said, English is not my first language, so perhaps I interpreted you wrong when you first replied to me by sying:

That's pretty clever man, what are you like 10? What you contribute to this thread (with this post anyways) is about as useful as tits on a bull. Perhaps your parents never taught you polite manners (or perhaps you just ignored them & became an ass all on your own)..blablabla

......but whatever....

Anyways, there is no point in this conversation & I certaintly don't feel like arguing to change the opinion on someone who I don't even care what there opinion is. You say its a cheat, I say it's not cheating. I say you're twisting things to make them seem like something there not, you say your not.

Well it seems we do agree on something. I'm fine with dropping the subject since I have wasted enough time on it during the last few months.

I've not seen a single pro-scripting argument yet that made sense. There is a fine line somewhere that, imo, separates cheat-scripts from other scripts, but that is a different issue.

As I said earlier:

And no, I do not have to draw the line between cheat-scripts and scripts that aren't cheating. Just like it is not necessary to find the fine line that separates slapping someone from assault and battery when the guy is bleeding to death with a broken skull.

I don't know when or where I have twisted your words or taken them out of context or exaggerated or whatever.

After reading my few posts here again I still have no idea what you are talking about. :confused: Oh well...

I took the liberty of reading the part of your post that wasn't meant for me. I apologize. :rolleyes:

You said:

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all binds/scripts aren't cheats, I'm just saying that I just don't see these particular binds as cheats.

So we agree. Although I draw the line right after "switching saber colours". (Binding ONE action to one key is, of course ok.)

Being able to perform more or less complex special moves by pressing *one* button instead of 3 is a clear case in my book. I'd love to hear exactly what kind of script is a cheat in your opinion.

Feel free to tell me. I promise I won't throw the ultimate insult (=dumb) in your face again. :)

ok everyone.... remember me?

"Marker0077" I dont give a flying **** 'who' you 'are'... but now you are on MY turf... or rather Lucasfoums.com's turf.... you remember that agreement you agreed to when you joined?

might want to reread it, along with the local forum rules.... dont make me quote them....

the way I figure it, if you are the uber1337 you seem to make yourself out to be, you can find them on your own...

"everybody else...." I count your flaming as a lesser offence, as this was BASICLY flamebait in the begining... and ACCUAL flaming in the end...

still, forget about it guys... if it starts over, bad mojo gonna go down....

S

Archived