Home

Faveriote LotR thing in TTT movie

Bob Gnarly

As always, i really liked the legolas parts.

*possible spoilers*******************

He was just plain cool! The way he got onto the horse after that fight with the dog-like things was awesome!!

And as for Gandalf, i didn't think he was so cool in the first movie, but he's awesome in this one! He's the cool, calm, composed, boba fett like character who always knows what's going on and always knows how to deal with it. I couldn't help but smile till my jaws hurt when he appeared on the mountain top just when Helms Deep was about to be lost. And when he shines the white light on the orcs and leaps into battle. That scene made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

And ofcourse - Boss, you reminded me of one of the masterpieces of the movie! Gollum's rhyme!!!!! :D The whole theatre burst into clappings and shriekings when Gollum made that rhyme - it really ticks me off when people do that :p

Frodo: I am Frodo Baggins, and this is Samwise Gamgee.

Faramir: His bodyguard?

Sam: His gardener.

---> LMAO!!

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Sméagol was good but it was really the Ents that did it for me

i hated the ents they looked to much like they where from harry potter, me and all my friends (who all read the book) said that all of them looked strange, not like they imagined.

The Ent's were very cool indead and that was one of the things that I was looking most forward to see when I went to go see it.

My favorite funny line was when Gimli and Aragon went trough that back door and and saw all the Urak- hei.

Gmili: Toss me

Aragon: ok

Gimli: don't tell the Elf

That was so funny.

I also liked

Gimli: That makes 2 Elf

Legolas: I'm on 19

I just likes the interacction between Legolas and Gimli.

The Ent's taking out Isengard was also cool but I have to say that Helm's Deep was the coolest battle I have ever seen. The Elf's when they were marching in I was like "Hell you" there going to kick some major ass.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by Boss

i hated the ents they looked to much like they where from harry potter, me and all my friends (who all read the book) said that all of them looked strange, not like they imagined.

They did not look like I imagined them either, but so what? I think their interpretation was better than mine :D

And kode, the Ents are described as very slow individuals. In fact they were sped up for the movie because of the different audience - they speak about 4 times faster than in the books ;)

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

They did not look like I imagined them either, but so what? I think their interpretation was better than mine :D

And kode, the Ents are described as very slow individuals. In fact they were sped up for the movie because of the different audience - they speak about 4 times faster than in the books ;)

thats true they had to speed somethings up, but they also added some crappy things in it, like as i said before

boramirs brother wasnt supposed to want the ring much in the book he only causght them cause he thought they where orc spies

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the Uruk-Hai *they look cool, don't they?* and of course Legolas :o

Oh... Legolas was an elf prince from Mirkwood, where exactly is Mirkwood? Haldir, was he a wood elf or a high elf? If he was a wood elf, why did he come to Helm's Deep with the armory of the High Elves??????????????????

I went saturday and after that I didn't see my computer ...

First of all you must understand that the movie is different from the book. That is always the case. The book is always better and the movie visualises the action and tries to give you the feeling of the book.

TTT felt like the book overall. So it's a good movie, but there are a few screwups:

Faramir!!! nuff said about him, I won't repeat it.

Frodo in Osgiliath. What did he do there? Try to give the Ring to a Nazgûl? That scene just plain sucks. Both the Faramir thing and this thing were pointless.

The Ents. I had high expectations but it didn't look that good. First of all Merry and Pippin were clearly before a bluescreen when sitting on Treebeard, it should have had more care.

The whole Ent thing was too fast. The Entmoot lasted days. It should have started earlier in the movie and we should have seen Quickbeam. We didn't get to see Treebeards house and not even the river Entwash and that Ent drink. Ánd Treebeard sounded too much like Gimli (There is a reason for that). There could so much be restored in the EE version.

I don't really have complaints about the Aragorn/Gimli/Legalos part. Aragon's 'death' was useless but it did no big harm. Gimli was okay too (But Dwarves are not supposed to ride horses), I liked his humor. Haldir's death was useless. He was a cool elf in FotR. He deserved to go to Valinor.

There's much to say ... but I don't want to say it all ... I'm gonna celebrate Christmass now :D

I just saw it today, *ducks shoe thrown by Rhett* and I really liked it. I have to disagree with ckcsaber: the humor between the three (Gimli, Legolas, and Aragorn) was easily one of the best parts. Helms Deep was awesome, Gandalf kicked tail, and so did the Ents.

I have just a couple questions, though. I haven't read the books, *ducks other shoe thrown by Rhett* and probably will not have the time to anytime soon. What happened between Aragorn, Arwen, and this new girl, the Rohan princess? I understand that Arwen left, I understand WHY Arwen left, but I can't figure out Aragorn's side. Was he supposed to fall in love with the Princess of Rohan? I know SHE loves HIM, but I don't know who he likes anymore.

BTW, who plays her? (Princess of Rohan)

Originally posted by krkode

As for Legolas, I don't think he's from Mirkwood - think he's from some forest way west of all the action...

He is from Mirkwood. Mirkwood lies east of the Misty Mountains, northeast of Lothloiren, and is the largest forest in Middle-Earth. It used to be called Greenwood, but a necromancer settled there in 1050 third age, he built a fortress called Dol Guldur, and the forest became dark and evil, foul things settled there, such as great spiders, orcs and wolves. But the Silvan Elf Woodland Realm of Thranduil survived in the north of the forest. Thranduil is Legolas' father, btw. The necromancer was actually Sauron, but he and the ringwraiths moved back to Mordor some 50 years or something before LOTR. During the war of the ring, forces from Dol Guldur attacked both Lothloiren and the Woodland Realm, but the attacks failed, and the elves charged against the fortress and destroyed it, so that Mirkwood was cleansed of evil.

BTW, who plays her? (Princess of Rohan)

Èowyn daughter of Èomund was played by Miranda Otto

Originally posted by jediduo

I have just a couple questions, though. I haven't read the books, *ducks other shoe thrown by Rhett* and probably will not have the time to anytime soon. What happened between Aragorn, Arwen, and this new girl, the Rohan princess?

Very simple: nothing happens in the book. The love story was inserted in Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson, although he apparently took his info from one of the many appendix (which I haven't read yet).

In Lord of the Rings itself, Arwen only gets two paragraphs (in Fellowship)...her name isn't even mentionned in TTT :)

Thanks for the info JM Qui-Gon Jinn. :thumbsup:

I just looked for Greenwood like you said it was called and found it on the map that is in my SE FOTR DVD. :D That forrest is very big. It is about the same size as Mordor. Dol Gurdor is at the very bottom West Edge of the forrest.

Do you guys know if there is a more detailed map anywhere on the net?

I would really like to see more of Middle Earth and see some of the stuff that I can't really see on the map that I have.

Thanks for the time.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by JEDI_MASTA

Arewn hasent left yet... that choice is still before her.

Eowyn just wants to be queen of gondor... thats all ;)

very true, arwen isnt away yet and when u read rotk ull know why.

and eowyn DOESNT want to be a queen. she hates it being held in a cage and standin aside her brother/father is like that. it even makes her heart go cold and she goes to war (rotk) to get killed. so being a queen isnt what she wants, she only wants the untouchable aragorn to love her.

Narsil is the sword of Elendil, king of Gondor who was slain by Sauron. Isildur, son of the king picked up his sword and cut the ring of Saurons hand ... as seen in the prologue.

Narsil is the sword that now is in Rivendel. In the book I believe that when the Fellowship leaves Rivendel the sword was renewed and Aragorn took it with him, not so in the movie.

[align=center]All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wonder are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be awoken,

A light from the shadow shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crownless again shall be king.[/align]

Archived