Home

WIP Padme's Sleeping Quaters?

Mech-Ryu

So here it is, this is only after an hour and halfs work, and iv managed to get the floor complete. Or nearly complete since i don't have the right textures. Iv only manged to find one referance picture which is this, \0/ , so it would be most helpful if some people out there could give me a hand with the referance pictures.

Also since I cant make good textures, I wouldnt mind some one out there to give me a hand with them either..

If you think you can do these textures, please send me an email mechryu@msn.com , or even better join #ef.team on quakenet.

So here they are the screen shots, they are at the bottom of the page. they are very minemal, but it is only an hour and a halfs work... Mechs Maps

Well another update..

This time new textures and some alterations to the map...

The new textures and thanks to ScoutTrooper..

Atm these new textures will not be final, but scout is working on some carpet looking ones...

Anyway heres the scrrens... :D <-- click

All right new update here, very small changes have been made to the map. Noticbale ones are, new textures on the floor and walls, these still are NOT going to be the final texture..

Atm there is I THINK 714 brushes in total.. The reason for this is because, the floor and the supports have required alot of brushes.. I could reduce the amount of brushes if I used curves instead of single brushes pushed together.. But I prefer the using multipal brushes, only because shadows can be made. If i were to use curves the light would just shine stright through and no shadow would be formed...

Anyway screen shots are found here

Look at your reference pics, the center of the roof is sort of detached and a little higer than the edges, the support beams aren't just single arcs, they have a center section that is offset from the left and right sections. You can do that by making a brush into a simple patch mesh and playing with the verts. (tough to get the hang of at first, but it's a good thing to learn)

Lol - I worked on Padme's appartment over the last 2 days - mine doesn't look that good, but it has a few minor features that aren't included here.

I basically did the same thing, tho, just used brushes to etch out the carpet pattern - too lazy to try to make textures when I'm not sure exactly how I want it to look ;)

.. and this shader is very pixel looking imo, what I would like is to have a new sky box.. Or this might be too much to ask since this may just be a prefab, if I can get enough reference pics of the whole place, I may be able to make a ffa map out of them, and then a new sky box may be needed..

and a small update.. I think iv got the supports a more movie like look, and yet again iv back tracked a bit to achieve this, but I do want an accurate looking map/prefab..

Archived