Home

PM points

Father Torque

Hello Mods and non Mods at JK11.net. Since we just recently got the new point system i think it would be great idead to get points for PM's. You may not approve but I think this would be great. You could give like 3 points for a PM. I like this idea because i do alot of PMing and alot of other people do too. So watcha think. If no i will make a thread that will determin the majority"Majority rules:D :p " So please take this into consideration

How would this be more spam than posting and threads. Please, ill make a poll and find what the people want. An Matt-Windu i meant to get points for a PM not pay for them. Or in your case that would be a good idea to charge more so people who spam will have to give points to do so:D

While I see where you're going with this, in that you're hoping to encourage people to PM each other instead of spamming up threads by chatting, in theory it's a good idea. However...

The point system was introduced to encourage people to post(or at least that's why I think it was...), they want people to start good, interesting discussion threads, as by doing so, you'll get a whole load of points from all the people responding. Spam threads are being closed a lot recently, to prevent abuse, so the point system is working well so far. Also, I can see this being really abused. Two friends just sit down sending PM's to each other, back and forth, saving up so they can buy their custom title/sticky/glow name whatever. It's a nice idea, but you have to take into account the human factor as well.;)

Originally posted by Reb Starblazer

While I see where you're going with this, in that you're hoping to encourage people to PM each other instead of spamming up threads by chatting, in theory it's a good idea. However...

The point system was introduced to encourage people to post(or at least that's why I think it was...), they want people to start good, interesting discussion threads, as by doing so, you'll get a whole load of points from all the people responding. Spam threads are being closed a lot recently, to prevent abuse, so the point system is working well so far. Also, I can see this being really abused. Two friends just sit down sending PM's to each other, back and forth, saving up so they can buy their custom title/sticky/glow name whatever. It's a nice idea, but you have to take into account the human factor as well.;)

On second thoguh, lets do that. :p

A las i have a solution the admins could put a time limit on them lets say 30 mins or 1 hour so it will stop spammage also there will be a certain amount of charecters that have to be included:D

So will this pass please

:D :D :D

If it does i will dedicate all my points to whomeever you chose:D

If you dont there will be some bashing of heads against some trees j/k:)

Archived