Home

Rare items???

daywalker

Rare crystals include exotic colors that are not announces yet.

The easy ones are Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow (gold). So all you Mace fans will probably have to search the depths of a Womp Rat lair on Tatooine to get a purple crystal, or something that daring.

Then the ones that don't change color will give your saber more power, and in turn will be hard to find. I read this at BioWare Forums. Devs occasionally answer questions.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been known to lurk through the depths of the bio forums as well. :)

I have a feeling that we will be able to choose almost any lightsaber color.......I mean we get to use dual sabers or a double bladed lightsaber, so why not have a few extra colors to chose from as well. :)

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I have a feeling that we will be able to choose almost any lightsaber color.......I mean we get to use dual sabers :)

I to believe they will include a lot of colors. Not just basic types, but hue of that color. I also can't wait to wield my Yellow and Red sabers against Sith Troopers!

Just be sure to specify which style you want so you perform better in battle with that.

I am sure once you get the parts, you can build multiple sabers. And I know you can custimize them at anytime. So buy the parts, or whatever, and you'll get the 2 sabers or double bladed saber, quite early. That is what I think!!!. This is not a fact.

I've heard many things about creating your own lightsaber, what will make one light saber different from another besides its power? Will it give raises to certain attributes, or have elemental damage?

-Matt Cervetti

James O: Lightsabers can be modified by using a variety of crystals found throughout the game. Each lightsaber can have three different crystals. One crystal determines the color of the saber, while the other two crystals modify the energy output. Some crystals enhance the lightsaber's ability to cut through steel and thus do more damage against droids. Some crystals widen the beam of the saber making it easier to deflect blaster bolts, while other crystals simply improve the energy output all around, making for a more powerful weapon.

Originally posted by -=Hooded-Jedi=-

Maaaaan i want a dual lightsaber...you know how from the beginning of the game you choose a lightsaber and/or customize it?? Can you start with dual sabers? or a double sided lightsabeR?

I want dual too. I don't really care what color.

Your character won't start out as a Jedi so you won't have a saber till later. But I'm sure they'll make it so you become a jedi quickly cause it would suck to play half the game without a saber.

Also, I read on the Bioware forums that while one of the Devs was testing the game he killed a Jawa and it dropped a lightsaber. He said you should be able to customize all sabers so if you find one(like say a Jawa drops one) you can take the crystals from that and use it for yours.

PS He didn't say the jawa was using it.:) Just that he dropped it.

So I imagine that means crystals won't be difficult to find.

I've known for some time you don't start as a Jedi, but like in JO, you become one quite early in the game... For an RPG, at least.

I wish I could give you a link to better boards, but I got in trouble for doing that once...

I'll give you all a hint, if you haven't been there alreday... Go to KotOR's official site (the LEC one), and in the menu, there is a link called FORUMS. Click the version you want (PC, XBOX)...

Just don't post until after reading through all of the threads. Many questions have been asked millions of times and the mods get pissed easily, and kicks good threads back a ways. So just read and reply.

Originally posted by Burrie

Egad, so I take it that this could also mean that you can pick up the lightsaber from a fallen (Dark) Jedi? Damn, I'm gonna start a saber collection on the Ebon Hawk...

I've known for some time you don't start as a Jedi, but like in JO, you become one quite early in the game... For an RPG, at least.

At the Bioware Forums(Katarn07 ;)) the Devs said that you won't be able to take the saber off all saber wielding enemies. Which I don't really understand.

Katarn07, we look at those forums too. I woudn't say they are better but since the Devs post there its the source for (factual) information. That's where we get our information from(also chats and previews).

Also I think Com has a spy in Bioware selling him secrets.(shhhhh);)

I think some lightsabre's might corrupt you.

Ie. Give you whopping penalties for wielding them or even maybe carrying them.

Or maybe they will just be like a drug :)

Then we could really call them "smack" sticks :D

Though yeah with the unlimited inventory you have (I think), it is going to be way tempting to start a mighty lightsabre collection.

I reckon I might also try get a nice Pazzak collection. That new RPG Gamer interview ( http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2003/011703c.html ) makes them sound pretttttty sweeeeet.

Originally posted by Hannibal

At the Bioware Forums(Katarn07 ;)) the Devs said that you won't be able to take the saber off all saber wielding enemies. Which I don't really understand.

Katarn07, we look at those forums too. I woudn't say they are better but since the Devs post there its the source for (factual) information. That's where we get our information from(also chats and previews).

Also I think Com has a spy in Bioware selling him secrets.(shhhhh);)

Not saying they're much better, but the whole dev thing is good. The onlyquestions I asked that weren't asked ( the only ones I asked, as a matter of fact) were about Malak's name and how it could be Darth and how much customization do you get on clothing for party members. The clothing one was never answered by a dev... Hopefully, alot.

Originally posted by Katarn07

Not saying they're much better, but the whole dev thing is good. The onlyquestions I asked that weren't asked ( the only ones I asked, as a matter of fact) were about Malak's name and how it could be Darth and how much customization do you get on clothing for party members. The clothing one was never answered by a dev... Hopefully, alot.

Hey, would you be hanging out here if they were much better?;)

Most of the question I've had were answered by reading other people's questions there. I read posts there for like 3 months before I joined.

I like the fact that they hint at different things like the possibility of flowing jedi robes. Though they said it might not be likely we'll see some form of robe. Maybe not flowing though.

BTW Has everyone noticed the screenshots where the PC's back is facing the screen? His hair looks great(graphicly, I'm not a hair dresser:D) YOu can see folicles. Here it is:

81.jpg

I have a question:

Crystals of various sorts will be scattered around?

"Hey, look! Another crystal! Wonder what these things do?"

*Bastila Shan rolls her eyes*

or...

You walk into a shop. You say, "Hey, you got the new Deathmaster XZ-3000 lighsabre?"

The shopkeeper pulls it out and says "Yeah, I just got it in this week."

I would think you'd only find these in places like the Jedi Academy or Korriban, perhaps.

The quest of finding the crystals and parts for your lihtsaber will be a long one. The dev's are following the movies so they said it won't be an easy task (It took Luke forever, 7 years or something with Obi-Wans guide/journal to help him I can't remember). I think the quest for it is supposed to be pretty long.

But I might be getting this info mixed up with SWG.....:D

I'd tend to agree with you in the idea of them not being an easy thing to build (though presumably at the Jedi academy/temple they would have all the tools/equipment ready?), but are you sure about the 7 year thing??

Just how big a gap was there meant to be between ESB and ROTJ??

There's but a 1-year gap between ESB and RotJ.

And I would very much like to know where you got this 7-year gap off... as far as I know, Luke built his saber during SotE which is between ESB and RotJ... and I've read a few, rather vague, references that he might've also built one between ANH and ESB, but I could be wrong on this one.

Archived