Home

Will Halo (PC Version) be as good as the original XBOX version?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well don't I feel like an idiot, I didn't even know that Halo was coming out for PC.

Hope it'll be just as good, I know I'll be getting it.

:D

Don't set your expectations too high for Halo on PC. It's not being made by bungie, but rather another developer (Gearbox?). I don't know their history but the game will have the same story and setting, but probably different gameplay and graphics. Possibly a whole knew game. Xbox owners will have Halo 2 about 1-3 months after Halo PC.

I looked into this and I heard Bungie was going to be involved, and that they're gonna try to stick to the XBox game as much as possible.

I'm utterly confused now....

I thought Phoenix was canned?

Anyway Gearbox is doing it but Bungie will look it over if there is anything they don't like. I know the guys at Bungie, I've actually played Halo with them.

Anyway, yes, it will be better as in better graphics, more content and multiplayer, etc. It will use mouse and keyboard, which is both good and bad- mouse and keyboard are more accurate, but half the fun of Halo was using a control scheme that you wern't accustomed to- mouse and keyboard, theres no challenge to aiming, and it was fun doing something new with Halo.

I hope I get chosen for beta testing, I think they only take people 16 or older for M rated games though- Microsoft called me recently(I live in the area and am signed up for their beta test program, I've done it once before) but then they noticed I was 15 and said nevermind, the needed people 16 and older.

And for those who say Xbox gamers will have Halo 2 before PC users have Halo, that untrue, barring release date pushbacks, which seem more likely for Halo 2 then Halo. Halo PC is coming this summer, Halo 2 is coming at the end of the year.

Archived