Home

Quesadillas

Doubleplus GC

What do you think?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Mmm, yeah! I'm gonna go get one right now!
    • Now way, man! You're crazy, they suck.

Quesadilla (key-sa-DEE-yah): from the Spanish "queso" meaning cheese and dilla meaning dilla. Two tortillas with melted cheese between them make up the findamentals of this classic mexican dish; often complimented with beans or complicated with chicken. Extremely tasty, contains very little nutritional value, and almost guaranteed to leave you still hungry... but extremely easy to prepare, making it a staple in the college student's diet.

The beans are pretty much prefunctory now that I'm steering clear of honest cheeses and using that soy-vegan crappy cheese. The stuff is not too bad when melted into beans but on it's on it's little more than two tortillas wrapped around a layer of toilet-scum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No no no, these fake beef strips are quite tasty. A little more rubbery than real beef but I feel better if when I swallow my food I really feel like I've earned it.

Don't think for a moment your lies have fooled me. I know they don't have fajitas in Australia because there are no Mexicans in Australia! What, did you get the recipe from that aborigines? I don't think so!

Soy.

Marinated in certain meatless flavorings and barbecue sauce. Never find a veggiebeef that actually tastes like real beef, but many taste quite good in their own right. And after you eat them you don't get that sudden rush, where you can feel your arteries clogging and your pulse feels like it's fighting a river of cottage cheese. All in all, quite worth it.

I am actually betting pretty goddamn sick of the whole "different teeth/different stomachs" argument since it's obviously the pudding-proof that the person speaking has latched onto whatever available excuse consoles his/her conscience without doing any research.

Any biologist will tell you that actually no, our teeth are almost completely flat outside of two canines, which are common throughout all herbivores and are used for tearing things like celery and leaves and biting into apples and tomatos. Teeth that need to tear into animal flesh are as a rule twice as long as they are thick, and even then there are many exceptions (look at the gargantuan incisors on the completely vegetarian mountain gorilla).

As for the stomach, the enzymes in the stomach that digest animal protein are the same enzymes that humans and all other herbivore mammals have that are used in infancy to digest milk, and in the grand scheme are no longer produced after adolescence. It's only because humans insist on eating meat and drinking milk after adolescence that they are produced indefinately. It's extremely unhealthy to eat any form of animal protein and if you stop your body simply stops being able to digest it (which is why after 7 years of vegetarianism I have miraculously turned lactose intolerant).

Don't pull a "food chain" on me either: humans evolved out of Africa. Do you see any cattle in Africa? Chickens? Do fish swim on the serengetti? Nicht. So the best you could possibly hope for foodchainwise would be animals that exist naturally in Africa.

BUT EVEN THEN: Humans have no claws, no horns, no armor or exoskeleton, cannot run worth beans, have some of the most easy-to-puncture skin on the planet, and tire extremely early. Humans cannot hunt without spears or clubs or arrows or guns or crossbows, which means man did not eat meat until he invented tools. The first human ever to eat meat, most scientists can tell you, waited for a top predator to kill a large animal, then waited further for the hyenas to pick the bones clean, and then broke the bones open and ate the marrow. Man is the only species in history to teach itself how to kill.

Much as we'd love to believe we are the ultimate predator, well, sorry it's not true. We are weak hairless apes and we wouldn't last twenty seconds without our pointed sticks.

Um.

I understand that was kind of an attack, but hey, you write off my entire moralistic beliefs with a single sentence, you're gonna get 8 paragraphs.

Archived