Home

UPS vs FedEx the debate is over

RpTheHotrod

Originally posted by Cjais

I don't get it.

At all.

American humor at its best again?

Humor is a culture thing, as most jokes are only funny within the group with the same or similar culture.

For example, there's a Chinese joke that involves a man eating in a public restroom. For most Chinese people, this joke is hilarious. But tell it to someone from another country and they'd just look at you like you were crazy. They wouldn't get it, because they don't understand that in Chinese culture, it's widely known and accepted that being in a public toilet is something you do only in dire emergencies, and it's the absolute LAST place you'd think about eating something.

In this case, you don't understand something about the American culture (which includes many different aspects, business competion between letter carriers being one of them) which renders the joke unfunny to you. I think it's hilarious, by the way (it's very ironic, lol).

So it's not just an "American humor" thing, though your snide remark has been duly noted.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

ahhhhhhhh, now that is funny :D

Did anyone see the Fedex commercial durring the super bowl with the fedex guy who was stranded on a desert island, and the package he was carrying had a satellite phone, GPS locater, water purifier, and seeds? that made me laugh.

Yeah, that was TOO funny. :rofl:

Archived