Yuuzhan Vong vs the Borg

swphreak

Who would win a war?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a war?

• The Yuuzhan Vong
    • The Borg
    • Too close to tell

Who would win? It is really close. I'm no a "Trekky," unfortunately they had to have a Star Trek Marathon on when there was nothing else to watch. . . so I drifted to the Dark side and watched like 2 in a row (IV Home and V Frontier). the I was curious. . . and rented First Contact (The dark side clouded my thoughts) and thought it was kinda cool. then i started wondering: Wh would win? the Borg or the Vong?

The Yuuzhan Vong:

• Bio Technology and they can make new stuff
  • Dovin basals(sp) that can basically stop lasers for a while
  • They really hate machines with a passion (a really really big passion) and the Bordg are half machines.
  • They are very strong
  • and maybe some more points I forgot

The Borg:

• They assimilate and that stuff
  • They adapt (so woul the Vong's weapons become useless after a while?)
  • Hive mind
  • and anything else I missed

I think it would be a close match. . .

Also, i am back to the light side of the force. :)

I'm glad to see another NJO fan, too many friends of mine are 100% against the series -_-'

On subject: It's obvious to tell that the EU authors were influenced by the Borg. Look at the Yuuzhan Vong- Strange invaders from another galaxy that have arrived to assimilate their teachings to the infidels. (From what my uncles told me) Borg- Strange aliens that originated from a single planet. #1 Goal of the Borg- Assimilation ;)

Btw, did anyone find a similarity between the aliens/bad guys of the recent Star Trek movie and the Yuuzhan Vong :p?

I luv NJO, and I'm gonna see the new ST movie this weekend only because they finally have better Special Effects. Not those corny effects from the old movies.... and you know what, I finally get the whole "Beam me up Scotty" Jokes that I've seen in so many Sci-Fi movies.

Hmm I dunno. All the Bord has to do is touch the Vong with those things that come out of thier hands to start turning them into Borgish things. And wouldn't the Borg eventuallt adapt to the CoralSnake and thud bugs and stuff? or can they not "adapt" to Biological stuff?

then again. All the Vong has to do is make some Biological Disease an releae it. I'm sure many Borg will die, and when they "adapt" the Vong can make another Disease and do it again.

And I was trying to get past the SW rules and ST sucks and vise versa in this debate.

The borg would win. And then they'd be invincible with the Vong's weapons assimilated. Ahhh!

Things would be very bad for the Federation. Let's hope they never meet... Unless the Vong fight as well as species 8472 (trekkies, did I get that right???) They are good fighters against the Borg, as seen in Voyager and Armada II...

Originally posted by Tie Guy

The Vong don't want to assimilate, they want to kill all the infidels, period. The only thing they keep non-Vong alive for is slave labor.

Anyways, nothing in Trek can even come close to touching anything in SW.

you are so right and so wrong at the same time. pardon me for this but: the vong arent what you think. they come for the promised land nothing more, they see infidels in their promised land and decide that these infidels are weak and unworthy of this place so they must leave or be destroyed. they DO want to assimilate life (very zerg like if you played starcraft). but they did like slave leighbour yeah ill give ya that one.

and i say SW owns em too. (but thats just me and my opinion so dont flame plz). despite the physics and whathaveyou the SW ships move MUCH faster (did a comparison from an episode of voyager where they travelled 20 light years in 2 weeks and were surprised at their speed to the SW stuff).

but the ST are very resourceful, they ALWAYS find some special little field dynamic to tweak, or shield algorithm to help em out and win the day, so who really knows?

ah and worf laughed when a ship attacked them with lasers because their shields were so much more powerful, how that compares to the turbolasers and ion cannons of SW i dont know.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I wanna see Speies #### (whatever their number is) in action. what series are they in? (Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and generatons are the only television ST series I know of.... And i love Armada 2. LA needs to make a game like that.

I saw like, 2 Voyagers with them in it. They're not in the Alpha Quadrant yet. 8472 seems right... Not about to look in my manual for Armada II....

Well I am no a Trekkie but I do know alot cause I watched alot of DS:9 and all of Voyager.

The things that you were referring to that came from the Borg are called nano technology. That's how they get new borg. Then they just equip them with some weapons and tools and make them more resourcefull.

As for Species 8472 they don't really live in a Quadrant. They live in Sub Space which means that if they wanted to they could actually be in the Alpha Quadrant if they wanted too.

As for the Yuuzhan Vong I think that they would get there asses kicked. The Borg just don't adapt but they also assimalate all there info from there victims so they would just need to to Assimilare a Yuuzhan Vong and then they would easily surpass there thier knowledge. They also have all the knowledge of the previous races that they have assimilated to they would know a lot more then the Yuuzhan Vong could ever know. They also have a collective mind which means that they all know what is going on between them wich means that a lot of minds are better than one.

The Borg Cube's would beat the crap out of the Yuuzhan Vong's ships and their shield frequencies rotate and are very hard to get pass thru unless you know the exact frequency. The Vong would last about a month against all the Borg. ;)

:duel::lsduel:

but are they (Species) in any TV Series and which series did the borg attack?

I didn't get that first part of that question but I can tell you what series they are in. They orginally apeared in a Episode of ST: The Next Generation when Q, a being with God like powers , put them in the Delta Quadrant where the Borg recide. That is when they first met and when the Borg see something that they like they will assimalate it. They then tried to assimilarte the Enterprise but Q took them back to the Alpha Quadrant before they could do anything serious. They tried but failed many times before they actually were able to Assimilate Jean Luc Picard. But then he was saved and that is where you get him hating the Borg so much and thats why you see that part in the very beggining of First Contact. Then later on we would see them in other episodes and Voyager later series. They were only in STK: TNG and ST: Voyager. I don't ever remember them in ST: DS9 cause that was mostly with the Gamma Quadrant.

I think I know understand your first question a little. In one of the episodes the Borg Queen tells someone what species the Borg assimilated first but I am not really sure on how the Borg came to be. But they are many species. It's like a Jedi. You can be a Jedi but it doesn't mean that you are only one species. There are many species that are Jedi and the same is true with the Borg.

Try to contant Obi or leXX if you want to know cause I think they know way more than I do. Espicially Obi. Also Dath Max is a trekkie too. ;)

:lsduel::duel:

Well they came up with the Defiant Class ship which is the Federations most effective ship against them. They also has Jean Luc Picard and he knew how to counter react them because he was one before. He knew what they thought and how they thought so he was able to battle against them.

There is also 7 of 9 in Voyager. She knew how to counter react them because she was still a borg who retained her individuality. Janeway was also very resourceful against the Borg and had a lot of luck too.

The Federation has really not defeated the Borg. They just recide in Delta Quadrant so that's why they aren't in the Alpha Quadrant.

:duel::lsduel:

:yoda: says we must kill all the trekkies!

:blubeam: trekkies

NOT!!

Probably Vong, they would hate the Borg. They Vong would also make some animal to hunt Borg (ala voxyn). And yeah i guess Borg are slow, I don't know about Borg fighting skills (only seen one TNG thing w/ borg in it and they no fight in it).

I doubt Borg could adapt to a Tommy Gun (as seen in First Contact! :D)

But if they assimilated the Vong, just one vong, they'd have info how to use living things to their advantage and know every flaw with the new weapons, then in turn being able to evade Vong attacks...

Make sense Thrackan Solo? They are both organic and machine...

Originally posted by Thrackan Solo

Is it even a question? Vong would annihilate the Borg. You have to remember that the Vong have ORGANIC weapons. The Borg cannot adapt to organic weapons.

The Borg have technology but the arent the brightest. THe are slow and a good amphistaff to the gut would slow them down even more....

One Word...

Nano Technology. You need tissue for this too work. If they used organic weaponry the borg would just inject it with nano's and then it would only take a while for the weapon to be borg itself.

You guy's also underestimate the Borg too much. The Vong might be a big threat in the Star Wars universe but the borg would love to assimilate their technology and knowledge. They also might fight slowly but they could beat the crap out of the Vong tactally. (Sp?) They also are very resourcefull and unless you know what they are thinking you really are screwed. There not just a common enemy. Few races have actually challenged the Borg and lives or been succesfull. Also think about all the shields they use. It's very hard to bypass them.

:lsduel::duel:

I space, have a feeling that the Vong would get hammered.

But the ground war would go to the Vong. Shame that the Borg don't DO ground combat...

Borg have better infrastructure, more resources and more single minded ness.

Vong would fight to the last against what must be the ULTIMATE insult / heretical life form, who believe that droid stuff is not just useful, but necessary for perfection.

It would be a battle you would want to view from a very powerful relay camera probe at most!

Archived