Home

The Pre-Order Issue

Jared Sinn

I've seen many, many posts regarding pre-orders for SWG, and it seems like Amazon has been the choice for most of you. I would think that ordering it from Amazon will result in a 2-7 day wait for it to ship from amazon to your house. Thats fine if you dont live near a retail software chain, but I would suggest trying to preorder from a local chain if at all possible. I ordered my copy from one of the Babbages stores here in town ($49.99), and I'll have it the day it comes out, likely 8:00 am that morning (which, I hope, will be April 15th, since I'm going to take the day off...lol).

Just a suggestion for those who havent yet pre-ordered :)

JS

The only way I'd ever get the game on the 15th of April is if I bought a ticket to the states and come there just for a day so I could buy the game :)

Which I doubt that will happen... so instead I'm probably going to order it from amazon.com and have it shipped to me asap (1-2 weeks most likely)...

Hopefully I will be able to play with you all soon enough... so now that this is taken care off... all I have to do now is to get a better connection to the net...

Well the good news is that Amazon.com will ship to the UK where as Ebgames.com wont ...Grrr...

Looks like i am going to have to pay around $27 to get it in 2-4 working days ...

So that is

$49.99 for the game and

$26.99 for shipping (2-4 days)

Total $76.98 = £51 ...well worth the money :D

I am a Happy boy now :D

Welcome to

SWGalaxies.net

Hi im Wraith 8 your local Moderator.

Please Read this before you post!

If you have any problems what so ever, send a Private Message to me.

Here you have your welcome gift to the forums :D:

*gives a large box full of Chocolate Gnorts*

I pre ordered at EB.... amazon doesnt ship to the netherlands.. and they shipped sooner than amazon :D

C ya

-Wraith 8-

I have ordered quite a few things from SOE/Varent including a few of their most recent releases, while amazon.com will get you the disk usually withen a week of release, some people who ordered didn't get it for 2. And guaging off the recent Planes of Power Everquest release by this company, you would be safe to assume its gonna go alot like that.

Also those who ordered directly off the SOE site, none of them had it on release date.

In the states, In Babbages in the Mall, Gamestop, and most Gamer shops, had them within 12 hours -2 days of release, and offered phone calls when they arrived for a 5 dollar deposit.

Walmarts all over the States had them at midnight THE DAY of release, and this was not the first time, with the other two releases for some reason Walmart had them first. I dont know what the deal was but after looking all over, I bought them at Walmart day 1, loosing my previously posted 5 dollar deposit at Babbages.

I dont think im going to preorder because I know that here in the states within 2 days of release at the longest I'll be able to get my hands on a copy, sometimes when ordered over the internet they arrive to the company shipping to you and it could be 2-3 weeks after release when you get your copy.

Why they dont ship these disks a few days early I will never know...

Originally posted by MadMardigan

I changed my Pre-Order to EB in the mall! I'll be getting it at 10:00 April 15th and will go straight home and log on! Yay!

MadMardigan

What is EB? And how do you know it will be delievered at 10 am on the 15th? Spill the beans, Im willing to shell out my cash anywhere I can get a guarantee that as soon as the game is released it hits my hot little hands.

BTW im taking a month off work to play not just that one day. :)

lol Shai

I've been promised by the folks at Babbages that their Sony products ship the night before release, and so they will have them the 15th. They're even opening an hour earlier just to take care of SWG preorders. Then again, salepeople will tell you anything..

JS

Pre-ordered today, part of my tax return present to myself. ;)

Next comes the Graphics card and RAM upgrade.

Anyway, MM, I also ordered from EB and will be picking it up at the mall that morning. The rep told me that sometimes shipments won't arrive until noon though. I also called several other stores, but they all had the release date wrong and I just don't want to play games with companies a month behind in there info. Mediaplay had March 15th listed for those of you that want the game a month early. ;) j/k of course, but they seriously did have a MArch release date in their system.

*twiddles thumbs in anticipation*

You obviously know that I will be so giddy on release day that I won't even be able to get the install program finished before laughing hysterically for at least two hours. :D

EB = Electronic Boutique

I have pre-ordered every EQ release from there and they always call me right at 10:00AM the day of release. I'm hoping that since the developers are here in Austin they will burn and package them here too, but I'm guessing Sony has sites all over that will do that. Either way, I have always received my pre-orders at that time.

I'm also giddy with anticipation and will likely drive my family to drinking for that week!

MadMardigan

• 2 weeks later...

Jared Sinn who are you? what are you talking about? what does this have to do with anything?

:D:p:D:p;)

Thats what i would prefer to do but no stores in Aus will get the game, only a couple of sites are getting it because they are buying US versions in bulk and having them sent down! :mad:

Hello everybody this is my first post. I called my local EB today and they told that they could preorder it but it would be foolish. He said the game in his expert opinion will not be released until February of next year; he said he had heard it from game industry insiders. So I ordered it from EB online and they said I should receive it on the 15th with next day shipping. I hope there was no truth to this guy at my EB Store.

Well have a good day

NHNLODAT

WHAT! thats nonsence. i heard an interview with Q-3po (a dev) last saturday.. and he stated .. that as far as he knew.. the game was still planned to be released on the 15th..

and even if they dont.. they are not gonna wait another year...

my 2 cents..

oh and i also pre ordered from that site.

Welcome to

SWGalaxies.net

Hi im Wraith 8 your local Moderator.

Please Read this before you post!

If you have any problems what so ever, send a Private Message to me.

Here you have your welcome gift to the forums :D:

*gives a large box full of Chocolate Gnorts*

I hope to see you around more :D

C ya

-Wraith 8-

Haha, don't trust that guy. The producers simply can't afford a one year postponement, it would cost immeasurable amounts of dollars, and they'll have to pump millions and millions of dollars into adverticements etc, since such a huge delay would cripple players beliefs in the game (Duke Nuke'em Never, anyone? ;)).

The promotion of the game has already begun, and is going strong. A postponement would not only mean that they would keep up this costly affair, they'll have to increase it to keep up interest in the game. Not to mention the paychecks to everyone involved in making the game itself...

*the board of EB, placed high amids the Carpathian mountains, with constant dark clouds and thunderstorms*

EB Executive President: "I have been informed that we have gotten too many preorders of SWG. Tales of our ineptitude at fulfilling the order will crush our company for sure! This is crisis, code red! Start the rumourmongering! SWG will be postponed for a year! Dark Jedi will be changed into Pink Jedi! N*Sync will play in the Mos Eisley Cantina! Crafting will be limited to making rocks into sand! And... yes, Q-3po sacrifice babies to Satan."

That's just some idiot trying to impress you with his "Insider" information. Don't listen to him. I can't see any reason why they would delay any further. EA has been generally good about sticking to a specific date when they choose it and begin advertising to that effect (which they have done).

ooc: In the mean time, I just got selected for Shadowbane Beta so now I get to play with that until I get Selected for SWG Beta or it's released! Yay!

MadMardigan

Archived