Home

C&C Generals

Elessar-Eärfalas

I have seen a review of it. But it's in the PC magazine which I subscribe to, so no links.

It looks cool, but I generally detest these new RTS games with a 3d engine. The Terrain looks blocky. The units look both ugly blocky. With the new 3d engines, the armies have generally been cut down in size, which is a major let down for me.

I still feel Starcraft looked way better than Warcraft 3, simply because it didn't feature armies 15 grainy, ugly units strong.

Generals looked okay though, with options for mounting troops in vehicles and buildings. But yet the pictures I saw of it still featured tanks, helicopters and puny 3-man squads. They downplay the role of infantry way too much. Infantry is what wins the war.

If you want a good, solid RTS which actually emphasizes the role of infantry, try Sudden Strike (don't play the sequel, though).

I've been playing Westwood games since Dune. I loved the original C&C. The onlyone I really wasnt thrilled with was C&C:Tiberian Sun. RA and RA2 were incredible, and although I havent played Yuris Revenge yet, I want to.

I'm really looking forward to Generals.

I dunno, I always liked C&C more than Warcraft before WC3. The two sides on WC were almost exactly the same. The sides on C&C were night and day, it really, really did matter which side you chose. Plus some of the tricky attacks you could do... Sneaking spys into your enemys power plants to drop their static defenses long enough for a blitz attack on their rear entrance. Go for the construction yard! W00t!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had it for a few days now....it's not bad....though it has the older control system of moving people with left click...I can handly get used to it...been moving people with right click in rts games for along time now...

One review said it's the best lookin rts game out...I don't think so...highland warriors looks allot better....

I dont have it yet. My system does not meet the minium requirements. I have a P3 500 and wont be upgrading until the end of this semester at the earlist. If it will run on my machine, I will probably grab a copy to have and play some until I get to upgrade my machine and get the better performance. Oh well. Looks great though. I have always been a fan of the series.

Archived