Home

Well it's official...

ThunderPeel2001

Now convince me that the giant monkey head being a robot isn't a plot hole, after you use its spine as steps under Monkey Island. Then, perhaps I'll play EMI once again.

I reckon (as I have said before) they should have made the REAL monkey's silver head, combined with the other parts of the ultimate insult, bring the monkey to life, so that they can control it. Why couldn't I be on their team?

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw the ending for the first time I took it for that Big Whoop was something that grants wishes. And Guybrush says when the parents come in the dream that they left him, so obviously he would be scarred and be wanting to be with them so that is his wish.. But Chucky is still LeChuck back then hece the eye thing, so that is why the Big Whoop finders hid the Big Whoop map, because even though it grants wishes there was allways a catch

This may just be me over-analyzing the whole thing though.

• 3 months later...

Hey all, just so this storey makes sense to everyone im 21 and from the Uk.

Christmas 1990 my dad bought me an Amiga 600 - with a few games, include Monkey Island 1 - this was my first ever computer game, and without doubt the best.

However being around 5 years old at the time it took me about a year to get as far as practicing insults (to become a swordmaster) before i finally gave up and never played it again.

Then in 1998 i got Monkey Island 3 and was blown away (its an ace game) Then monkey island 4 (which i didnt like the 3d interface if im honest-but still a good game).

Anyway - cutting a long storey short lol, Last week i downloaded monkey island 1 & 2. Just completed both. Monkey island 1 brought back so many happy memories, and monkey island 2 - was an improvment in graphics, however i did feel like the game was rushed somehow...like the middle part of the game - finding the map pieces took ages, yet the rest of the game (part 3 an 4) happened so quick, and of course the ending - which was a real disapointment.

Iv read many theories and explanations - bout the theme park and such, but i think to myself - nah thats just a cr@p ending.

Mind thinks do seem to be true bout it being a theme park, but apparently they WILL MAKE AN MONKEY ISLAND 5 - in 2015 :(

If you got that "2015" thing from what that guy said at E3, you may as well just take that as a joke and accept, like many of us have, that Monkey Island 5 will never be made, at least by Lucas Arts.

As for Monkey2, many of the fans of the games consider this to be the best game of the four. While the 4 acts aren't that well balanced, it is still a decent length for a game of that time and the graphics, humour and story were all expanded upon from the first game brilliantly. But to each their own I guess.

From the difference of Guybrush's character in MI2 and CMI, then CMI's character not changing much in EMI, maybe (well, if MI5 were to come out, but I doubt it) MI5 is meant to be after MI2 and CMI and EMI are LeChuck's 'curse'. Or not. Keep up the dead thread revival!

EDIT: or it could be (instead of 'curse') that Guybrush is in 'big whoop', an alternate world as explained by the voodoo lady. It is the source of LeChucks power, so maybe LeChuck is totally dead but his power is ruling there. Or, also, this whole thing is just oversight on the production team.

yeh saw that e3 interview with the president of lucas arts. maybe your right mate - maybe they wont make another one, but i defnatly think they will make a new one - but like the guy said, when they have some new ideas and some new technology.

maybe this is a fob off - but i dont think so, why would he say they are DEFENATLY going to make you - if they are not

(how much you rekon the rights are worth anyway - cause iv got £30 in my wallet lol)

Fingers crossed anyway for M.I.5

Frankly, after the cancellation of both Sam n Max 2 and Full Throttle 2, I don't see LucasArts going back to the adventure genre any time soon and if they do then, yes, it'll be in around 2015, but even the president of LucasArts wouldn't be able to predict that far into the future as to what his company will be doing, I simply take it as a joke.

Most people with sense don't want LucasArts to make any more adventure games anyway. The company isn't what made the games so good the first time round, it was the staff - and most of them have left now. I don't want to see some young turk messing around with DOTT or Monkey Island any more than I want to see Remi in drag.

True, one of the main reasons FT2 was cancelled was because they were scared it wouldn't live up to it's predecessor, which just goes to show that the people working for LA aren't as good at Adventure games as the old staff were.

I don't think all hope is lost yet... I mean Lucasarts gave up Sam n Max to Telltale games or whatever, someone could probably get their hands on the MI franchise some day, Lucasarts doesn't seem to care for it anymore anyway

I think it was more a case of them being unable to keep Sam & Max due to it being a creation of Steve Purcell. It was a temporary contract.

Monkey Island, on the other hand, was a very successful series that is their own intellectual property. Even if they have no intention of using it, no company will give away something like that without some serious cash, and even then it's probably unlikely.

Best to just dissolve all hope of another Monkey Island game, and should one come along it'll be a nice surprise.

Archived