Home

Help CM stay afloat. New clans especially.

BigTeddyPaul

There were about 7 trojan viruses on my computer. One, my brother said, disabled the sound speakers, and another one kept my display from switching to 32-bit color so I couldn't play Jedi Outcast at all. Just talking about that stuff gives me the creeps.

And no, I wasn't saying not to let noobs in or that I'd have a perfect clan, I was just talking about how I train alone sometimes and try to come up with ways to win against others. However, winning is not what matters to me. It's facing overwhelming odds when there's more people on someone else's team and not much on mine. I don't even care if I come out winning or losing. I only care about having fun facing off against others. Isn't that what fighting an honorable battle is all about? Having fun playing others?

As for your thinking of me as a noob, that is disrespect and shall not be tolerated!

Originally posted by ZBomber

Also, if your saying don't let noobs in, well, you would be included. To me and Paul, your a noob. 1 - Join date. You just joined. That says Noob. 2 - Your acting like a noob. We haevn't flopped. We made it so everyone can come, because we can help them get better. If you have a perfect clan, no one will want to play you.

Ummm Z the Grendel people might have been around since the beginning and they just don't really post on LF so your assumtion that rumor is a newbie is just that an assumtion.

Topshot: Z was directing the second half of his writings to Rumor and not to you.

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

Ummm Z the Grendel people might have been around since the beginning and they just don't really post on LF so your assumtion that rumor is a newbie is just that an assumtion.

Topshot: Z was directing the second half of his writings to Rumor and not to you.

BigTeddyPaul

Your recking my point. :p

I'm just saying, that I could call him a noob, since his join date. I was using it as an example.

Zbomber, didn't realize what your clan name was till just now...

Just a coincidence, I assure you...

BTW, a small clan can be the most fun of all. Dread and myself (founders of CL) actually met in another clan...

Right now we're the only two members, but having a blast anyway...

Good luck to you!

LF is not the end all, be all thing for the jk2 community. if i were a newb i wouldn't be in the top ten on the FF and NF dueling ladders for TWL (well not on FF cause they messed up and awarded a win to my opponent, not me) and a clan flopping does not mean that it is dead. it is simply a point where something went terribly wrong and your members dropped off the map. the same thing happened to one of my old clans. and if you truley think that i am a newb, then we can settle that dispute in duels, or a clan match. (and don't cry about too few ppl cause battles are what kick clans in the pants) i said nothing about newbies. even they can contribute a great deal, IF and only if, they are dedicated to the clan's survival. hell the person that started the grendel clan with myself and a few others was a newb when i recruited him. other than him, myself and the other six have been around since the beginning.

Originally posted by Rumor

said nothing about newbies. even they can contribute a great deal, IF and only if, they are dedicated to the clan's survival. hell the person that started the grendel clan with myself and a few others was a newb when i recruited him. other than him, myself and the other six have been around since the beginning.

Well you said that we let anyone in. Since most of us have many hundreds of miles apart to seperate eachother then how do you descriminate in letting people in? So who would you not let in Grendel and how do you know if you were correct in letting them in? I took newb as the answer because it is not like we won't let white people in the clan or something since we cannot see them. Just who should we not let in?

I believe you are referring to the phrase: "IF and only if, they are dedicated to the clan's survival." How the hell are you supposed to know that before you let them in?!?

BigTeddyPaul

if you just see them and then say "ok you are in" they haven't had to put forth any effort, then the vast majority will not see a reason to stay in and participate. they are the "hey a clan, imma get a free ride" type of people. if they actually have to put forth effort to get into the clan, and have to put forth effort to keep the clan going and better it, then they will do one of three things: 1. not join 2. join and then grow idle because they don't want to help or 3. do whatever they can to help out. i'm in a clan for several different games. it is nearly seven years old because we required people to contribute.

Makes sense. What we have is basically creative differences. I prefer the way where we do not descriminate at all. If you want to make a skin that is great. If you want to make a server that is great. If you want to recruit that is great. If you just want to come to the sessions and have fun that is great too. I do not basically want to not allow someone to join because all they want to do is have dun for two hours and no more. All that I require is that you show up most of the time. That is it. For those who want to lead there are always spots available whether it is making a server or writing the semi-often announcement Email to everyone with what is happening with the clan.

I do appreciate you expressing your views on running a clan Rumor even though I do not totally agree with them. Heck you are probably right since you have been going for 7 years.

Z: I told you Grendel wasn't a new clan and Rumor just probably didn't post often. Foot in the mouth on that one.

What are peoples thoughts on expanding the game types? I know not everyone has the same games BUT I know some of us do. There are even some free demo games out there. Americas Army or Battlefield 1942 are the only ones I play every so often.

BigTeddyPaul

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

Makes sense. What we have is basically creative differences. I prefer the way where we do not descriminate at all. If you want to make a skin that is great. If you want to make a server that is great. If you want to recruit that is great. If you just want to come to the sessions and have fun that is great too. I do not basically want to not allow someone to join because all they want to do is have dun for two hours and no more. All that I require is that you show up most of the time. That is it. For those who want to lead there are always spots available whether it is making a server or writing the semi-often announcement Email to everyone with what is happening with the clan.

I do appreciate you expressing your views on running a clan Rumor even though I do not totally agree with them. Heck you are probably right since you have been going for 7 years.

Z: I told you Grendel wasn't a new clan and Rumor just probably didn't post often. Foot in the mouth on that one.

What are peoples thoughts on expanding the game types? I know not everyone has the same games BUT I know some of us do. There are even some free demo games out there. Americas Army or Battlefield 1942 are the only ones I play every so often.

BigTeddyPaul

BigTeddyPaul

I don't like you. :p

Yes. There caln has been around for awhile. I'm sure there great. He said noob. He meant in game, but I could call him a noob. NOT because hes a noob in Jedi Outcast. Heprobably is good. I'm saying because of HIS join date, which he just joined this month. I;m not calling him a noob. I was just saying that join dates make a difference.... yeh... I think... *shrugs*

I'm saying because of HIS join date, which he just joined this month. I;m not calling him a noob. I was just saying that join dates make a difference.... yeh... I think... *shrugs*

i'm a n00b on forums? dude how dense are you...no really. OMG i'M A NOOB ON FORUMS!!!! actually not. i've had other registered names here, dating back to the opening of these forums...so no i'm not a forum newbie. course it is sad that you are bashing people simply because of when their forum registration was. grow up and get a life mr. bomber. and no, i don't care to list any of my previous names, and i certainly havent found anything useful in posts that you have made in the past.

I don't like you. :p

Yes. There caln has been around for awhile. I'm sure there great. He said noob. He meant in game, but I could call him a noob. NOT because hes a noob in Jedi Outcast. Heprobably is good. I'm saying because of HIS join date, which he just joined this month. I;m not calling him a noob. I was just saying that join dates make a difference.... yeh... I think... *shrugs*

uh...post count/join date dont mean anything...plus Lucasforums doesnt define the entire JKII community either...;)

Wow this has gotten a little off topic. Alright no one is a noob. What is wrong with being a noob anyway? Oh well. We all have to join sometime and being a noob has many different meanings such as wassup pointed out. I myself have been an active member of decipher's boards (guys who make Lotr and ST cards - used to be SW but that is another discussion) for about 6 or 7 years now. I have been to a few other boards but the only ones I really post to are this one and Deciper's.

You also take into account posts. Z and I joined decently close together yest he has like 3,000 more posts than I. Am I more of a noob because he posts more?

I appreciate people looking in here too but this has gotten a little off topic. Rumor did have some relevant postings that were trying to help us but I fell that these are going a little to the left of where the subject should lie which is helping CM.

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by Rumor

i'm a n00b on forums? dude how dense are you...no really. OMG i'M A NOOB ON FORUMS!!!! actually not. i've had other registered names here, dating back to the opening of these forums...so no i'm not a forum newbie. course it is sad that you are bashing people simply because of when their forum registration was. grow up and get a life mr. bomber. and no, i don't care to list any of my previous names, and i certainly havent found anything useful in posts that you have made in the past.

Just ONE thing....

I don't think you are a noob., I don't judge people. I'm saying people COULD call you a noob because of your join date.I only call people noobs in there I'm new, and I do it in a kind way. I don't make fun of them. I would say like.

Ooo! Noob! *Pokes Noob*

Just Kidding! Welcome to the swamp (name here)

If you hang out at the Swamp, you WOULD get treated by some people badly because you just joined., I did. Its how it goes. But I'm not like that. I was stating that some people take join date into consideration for judging people. Not me. Even if people do call me a noob, I don't care. They don't know me. What should I care what they think of me. You should also do this, becuase if you do go to the Swamp, some things said might be harsh by osme of our members. I hope you don't thin kI am making fun of you and calling you a noob, because if you do, I'm sorry, buts that not what I was trying to say.

Anyway, please check our other thread called "Crimson Masters". Paul has just made new forums. ;)

Archived