Home

Almost officially back up and running!

Well, it'll soon be time to bury my Pentium II computer while my newly built computer takes the spot. ;) I've been without most games for six months on a laptop, so... I'm really looking foward to this!

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+ 1.53Ghz

Leadtek Nforce2 Mother Board

52X CD-ROM Drive

60GB HDD w/8MB Buffer

512MB DDR266 RAM

Geforce3 Ti200 128MB DDR (soon to be overclocked to Ti500 levels soon :p)

Windows XP Home Edition

w00t!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel

Nice comp specs. R u planning on getting a DVD player for it though?

I have to get a router and a 50 foot cable in order to have cable connection in my room, so I won't be getting a DVDROM Drive. I will however replace my 24x10x40x CD Burner with a DVD/CD Burner combo and use my 52X CDROM Drive down the road. ;) I have a 19" Monitor, 5.1 Speakers, and a Sound Blaster to enjoy movies though. :) But I have considered the option for the past four months.

Geforce...3? Since GeForce FX will be out soon Geforce 4 should be cheap, if its not now you should waited- GeForce 3 will be crappy pretty soon, where Geforce 2 is now, and not long till its even worse.

ALso, why overclock? I heard that was only good in the old days and not that useful now- isn't it clocked at the level its clocked for a reason? If you could clock it more without making it less stable I'm sure they'd do it.

Seriously though a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 was $199 when they came out so soon it should be like $150 or $99.

Originally posted by Aerothorn

Geforce...3? Since GeForce FX will be out soon Geforce 4 should be cheap, if its not now you should waited- GeForce 3 will be crappy pretty soon, where Geforce 2 is now, and not long till its even worse.

ALso, why overclock? I heard that was only good in the old days and not that useful now- isn't it clocked at the level its clocked for a reason? If you could clock it more without making it less stable I'm sure they'd do it.

Seriously though a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 was $199 when they came out so soon it should be like $150 or $99.

Hmm... Keep Windows 98 SE for now and get myself a Geforce4 Ti or get XP with Geforce3 Ti?

I have UT 2003 but the server locater sucks, most servers are only filled with bots but it says they have people.

And why did you have to get one or the other? Can't you get XP and a GeForce 4?

And is XP Pro any better? The guy at the company store said the only real difference was Pro was made to install on system with no OS already on and Home was an upgrade.

Originally posted by Aerothorn

I have UT 2003 but the server locater sucks, most servers are only filled with bots but it says they have people.

And why did you have to get one or the other? Can't you get XP and a GeForce 4?

I only had $680 total to build my computer and no more than that. I can always get XP later anyway. 98SE isn't completely obsolete right now anyway. ;)

Originally posted by leXX

If you guys ever get a game of TFC going, let me know and I'll join ya. ;)

How about that little game of TFC next week then eh? I shall have my computer networked by then to my router. :)

Anyone else for a game of CS, DOD, JKII, and/or AA:O? :D

Note: forget about the game, it could take me a while to get running again...

I wish I could play those half life mods, but eventually I just decided to stop using them because I didn't want to support them because I feel the mod teams should port them to a newer engine. Thats ok though, Battlefield and its collective mods will be good enough for me.

Archived