Home

What's better, an Orbital Frame, or Gundam?!

What's better......  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What's better......

• An Orbital Frame
    • A Gundam
    • Could care less.....

me and ~L got into this debate last night. she firmly believes that a Gundam is better than an Orbital Frame. However, after reviewing the evidence, i have to disagree. The Gundam is no longer King of the Pure Mechs. An Evangelion is a Bio-mech, so they don't count.

here's the background to the Zone of the Enders story line.....

Orbital Frames

---Background

2167-69- Demios Incident (Anime OVA "I Dolo"

Prototype "Idolo" build by Bahram on Mars. Due to high levels of Metatron, it slowly drove the pilot insane. however, it's combat preformance was very high, destroying 3 battalions of Terran LEV's, blowing a very large hole in the "catapult" station to Earth. Destroyed by concentrated fire from 2 -3 battalions of LEV's.

this event is teh Demios Incident, declared by Earth. most of it was classified, and hidden.

2172- Antillia Raid

Bahram lead a raid against Jupiter's colony, Antillia. the objective was to steal 2 twin Orbital Frames, Jehuty and Anubis. Jehuty's runner was killed, but a 15 year old boy by the name of Leo Starbuck stumbled upon Jehuty's hanger and proceded to destroy Bahram's Raptor units, 2 to be exact, with ease. Leo then took Jehuty to try to get it to Terran forces. Leo managed to best veteran Orbital Frame pilot Viola, and her Frame, the Neith, but was stopped by Anubis, now piloted by Nohman, commander of Bahram. Jehuty was defeated by Bahram, but Leo fled, and dumped Jehuty on Callisto.

2174- The Auuman Project

On the ice moon of Callisto, a moon of Jupiter, a mining team is working. Dingo Egret, whom we believe is a former member of Bahram, detects a Metatron reaction, and checks it out. Turn out it's Jehuty, tossed away where Leo thought no-one would find it.

Enter Bahram. They attack Dingo's Mining LEV, and destroy it, and proceed to try to kill Dingo's mining crew, but Dingo takes Jehuty and single handedly stops them. He defeats the newest Frame, Ardjet, and it's pilot, Ken Marignas(SP), and she flees to teh carrier. Dingo follows, and proceedes to the heart of teh carrier, destroying everything in his path. Comes across the Nephistis, piloted by a Battle AI of Viola, and defeats her. Anubis shows up, and rips Jehuty apart. (DEMO ENDS)

(WIll update on March 13th, when the sequal to Zone of the Enders comes out)

Anyway, Gundams have been long revered as super powers of the pure mech world. watch the OVA, and you'll see that the OF's are better.

--Unlimited combat potential. if the pilot is stable enough, and skilled enough. they can take the Frame, and bring out it's "Full" pontential. this is due ot the properties of the Metatron these mechs are built upon. Metatrong enables teh frame to create hundreds of homing lasers, an impenitrable energy shield, except for burst attacks from other frames, give extra power to the frames meele blade, and create a ball or energy, called a burst attack. Idolo used a burst attack on teh "catapult", ripping a good size hole open and destroying 1 battalion of LEV's.

also, teh 0-shift ability. Zero shift is a teleport, granted again by this metatron. Anubis does this to beat Jehuty into pulp many, many times. This Zero Shift ehnaces the frames already increadible menuverability

i don't need to go over gundams, since everyone knows what they are, and there abilities.

So, VOTE!

DBZ has few redeeming factors, all of which are certain of its characters. (NOT including Goku.) Besides that...bleah.

On topic: Umm, based on what Rogue Nine said, Gundam?

As for mind rape...isn't that the whole point of Eva? lol

As for the versusness: How can you measure totally different shows against how they deal with other mechs in their own universe? Is there something like a planet which exists in exactly the same state in both universes to provide the comparison factor?

Cracken: Can you explain the zero-shift thingy? It sounds interesting, but I'm a little confused by your description ('teleport' is kinda vague...)

as best as i could describe it, sorry red. ^_^

Zero Shift is the ability to almost instantainously move from point A to point B. from what i can tell, you "shift" out, and move to the desired place, and "shift" back in. shifting in and out takes about a second.

Also, Red, this is hypotheticals. if an OF ever fought a Gundam, i belive a Gundam would lose. horribly. many many times. ^_^

Niner:Psycho Gundam has the ability to mind rape people like the angel from Eva? depends on the stability of the Runner......

Archived