Home

GeForce or ATi Radeon?

Hekx

Originally posted by BlackDove

I feel sorry for the people who got stuck with Voodoo, especially if it was a PCI collection :D

I currently have a TNT2, one very very hip card (two years ago) :D

Well, in my old computer, I used to have a TNT which was DEFINATELY hippest (4-5 years ago) :D

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

It's my longest thread for a long time. ;)

Must be the 9th thread I've ever posted. :D

From all the sources I've found; NVidia is a NO! ATi is a Yes. :)

And your correct :)

Before the Radeon 9000, Nvida was king (i'm talking about price and preformance), but now that Ati has released the 9000, 9500, and 9700, their cards beat the stuffing out of Nvidas MX/Ti's, their both cheaper and preform better.

How many people have a TNT2 card? I thought I was the only one.

I have one, it's in my machine right now; getting a Ati AIW soon though, once I find a good deal. Those AIW's are soo sweet! (Yet alot more expensive than reg. cards :( )

I nearly got a GeForce 4 MX. :eek:

But in the end, trying to find graphics cards in my local area seems to be impossible. :(

Thankfully there's a shop down my town with a nicely priced ATi Radeon 9000. :)

The shop I got my PC from is still selling TNT2s. :eyeraise:

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

The shop I got my PC from is still selling TNT2s. :eyeraise:

Ouch... I think Sony still puts in a TNT2 on one of their machines, I read it in a review once...:eyeraise:

Edit: And here is is:

Edit again:

Take a look at this review:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1655

Proving as most of us have said: ATI Radeon 9000 Pro>GeForce4 MX

The Radeon 9800 Pro (R350) is basically a Radeon 9700 Pro (R300) with a higher core and memory clock. The Radeon 9900 Pro will be the same as the 9800 except with 256MB of video memory. The 9900 will ship later than the 9800. Radeon 9000s (R250) are not based on the R300 core, but rather they are based on the Radeon 8500 (R200) core, so they only have DX 8.1 functionality rather than the 9700's 9.0 functionality. (I have put some of the core code-names in parentheses).

The new Geforce FX contains the much-hyped new NV30 core that can just barely beat the 9700 Pro that has been out for nearly six months. The Geforce4 Ti4800 is based on the 4400 core. Geforce4 MXs are not based on the Geforce4 cores, but rather on the Geforce2 Ultra, as was stated earlier.

Go here for further reference. That page includes most video cards except the FX 5800 Ultra. Just breakin' it down for y'all. :)

dont get either

get a Ti 4200 .... the MX is **** as every1 has said

and the only card to beat the GF4's (on a 3d score site i saw) was the 9700 pro

so if u can get a 9700 get it ... if not get a ti4200 64meg like mine ... its fine ... it even ran unreal 2 with good graphics

Archived