Home

Aaarrrggghhh!!! I hate Monkey Kombat!

Porky

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that ape-karate too! Isn't there a game save that one could download from somewhere to skip past this? I don't think I've been this frustrated with a game since the sinking pillars in The Phantom Menace.

You could hunt for a save game, but it's definitely not recommended. You'll find out why later.

Why scabb, why? I wanna know because I don't want to download a saved file just to find out why, so PLEASE tell me?

::Gives you one of her 'Puppy Dog / Innocent Child' looks so you have to tell her...::

Pardon my ignorance,but is there a contest going on in this forum? Give the vaguest answer and win a set of steak knives? I shouldn't download a save game because the clouds of karma won't rain and make the potatoe crops of my destiny bountiful? I don't like admitting defeat,but I can't even get Guybrush to do the stance I want him to.I "eek","ack" and "oop",but does he do the "Bitching baboon" or whatever? Nooo! The little scoundrel does a "Gasping gorilla". Either I've gone totally brainless,or this game is the devils toy! Yeah,that should do it with the childish ranting for today. Yup,I feel so much better! Think I'll play a little "Midtown Madness" now. It's not like I have to reduce myself to some half ass monkey-pugilist to make that Mustang move. Allright.I'm done know.

To be a little clearer, you'll need to use these stance-changing combinations later on in the game, so you'll have to find another save game later if you use one now.

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating and tedious, and strangled, the people behind it should be, but it's not impossible.

Well it sounds like you’re getting pretty annoyed with this, and to be honest it is one of the weakest points in the game. So I wouldn’t completely advise against using a saved game if you’re totally stuck, as it’s way better than giving up completely. The collection over at The SCUMM Bar has a pretty comprehensive range, so you shouldn’t miss much.

But if that really doesn’t sound good to you, then you could also try this printable chart that helped me out a load.

the printout helped me too although it's also easy to jot down everything on a piece of papre, the printout just makes things clearer. but yes, you need this later on in the game and if you dpn't have the correct stances and combinations (changes in each game) then you basically won't be able to complete the game. sorry. but if you are really desperate, then yeah, get a saved game from the scumm bar, what more can you do?

I may be the only one to admit this, but I actually liked Monkey Kombat. Maybe it's because I'm competitive and I liked being able to actually "beat" someone in this game. Or maybe it was just the victory dances Guybrush did when he won a match. Or maybe I'm nuts. Take your pick.

I really didn't think it was that bad at all. The logic was straightforward, and it only took me a bit more than half an hour to go through the first time I tried it. I do wish they would have included an automatically updated chart for every move you made, like they did in the PS2 version though.

The annoying thing was, you couldn't actually face Jojo until you'd recorded every last detail, which was immensly frustrating; Especially getting the last few "moves". It comes first on my all time most-tedious EMI moments, with the whole "parrot" fiasco making it to number #2

i recently played EFMI (like yesterday) and did the monkey kombat thing in about half an hour. yes, it's fun at first, but gets a bit repetitive after a while. and scabb, you don't need to know al of the moves, you just need to win against the brawny looking monkey and then you'll be able to face jojo. i regret to say that i had one move to move missing from my list. (AA-GG) but still was able to complete the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived