Home

Unreal 2- It seems that newfound joys have thier drawbacks

First, the good news. I have discovered the joy of playing with headphones with 3D sound. My parents said I have the noise on too high so if there was an explosion the house shook. SO I tried headphones (had there for over 2 yrs and never put them on :rolleyes: ) . So now I swear NEVER to play any game without headphones unless a friend is coming over and the want to hear.

Bad news- Unreal 2 is a pain in the rear end. Every time I am onto a new level I have to re-install the whole game and that takes like half an hour. So if I want to get onto the second level I have to re-install. :ball:

Originally posted by Lord Fergie

Manipulation.com ...

that sounds like a very honest site

what if they manipulate the reviews, so that to have a good review you have to pay them TONS of money

Well I do not edit the articles for content, I only do spelling and clarity. And Jedi220 is about the most honest dude I know, if it makes any difference...

PCGamer. Ugh. As ackbar stated, they say a lot. Truth is, if you can't find a way to try the game before buying it, you should read lots and lots of reviews on it until you can find bad points that come up in most of them. THEN you make up your mind on whether those bad points bother you or not.

Don't rely on a single source; objectivity in game reviews is purely a myth.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

PCGamer. Ugh. As ackbar stated, they say a lot. Truth is, if you can't find a way to try the game before buying it, you should read lots and lots of reviews on it until you can find bad points that come up in most of them. THEN you make up your mind on whether those bad points bother you or not.

Don't rely on a single source; objectivity in game reviews is purely a myth.

I find PCGamer usually dead on, but I do cross refrence it all with Computer Games, GamePro, GameSpy, and IGN. (when I have time I check the latter two sites, but thanks to school...can't talk...gotta do homework now.)

Archived