Home

In Monkey Island 5, I would like to see...

DM02

Well, First post mateys :p

What i would have to love in the new monkey series is another thing like that recruit-your-crew-and-sail from the first one.

off topic: Has anyone besides me, beginned to like the series playing the Sega-cd version?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Demon Chuckie

Full frontal nudity!QUOTE]

Thats pretty wrong....i mean, c'mon....its a video game...a cartoon at that...it started out as a kids game..i started playin it when i was younger..im 16 now...and i got through with it just fine without nudity...just surf a nudie site or sumthin...but dont bring it into childrens gaming...

what are you people talking about? a monkey island 'momrpg' would be a horrbile idea. c'mon, it'd be like a 'quake' platformer.

• i'd like mi-5 to have 3D graphics; to be honest, i wouldn't mind the EMI graphics
  • i think mini games would be a good way of bringing back the pixelly graphics and music of the first game, and could be fun
  • a scarier lechuck might be nice.

I would have thougth the honeymoon would have been a perfect setting for MI4 - the ship runs on ground on a desert Island... Elaine is perhabs captured by cannibals... etc. etc.

I agree on the bringing it back to 2d/ pointandclick. MI4 was 1)ugly (compared to CMI) and 2) Irritating to control.

• 3 weeks later...

To all you guys, I am a big MI fan, I first played MI1 when I was 5. but you have to be somewhat realistic, they will never put 2D graphics, and I greatly doubt that they will bring back the scumm system. LucasArts can't afford to make a game that people won't buy, and although all you guys would love all this nastalgic stuff, many other people wouldn't and it couldn't hurt to make a few new monkey island fans. Cause I know lot's o' people who rented MI4 for PS2 and stuff, and they were really disappointed. and I know that no one would buy a new game with old 2D graphics. Its all about keeping up with other games and the compitition.

Man, I don't even know what to say about this. I want there to be an MI5 a lot. They could still use the CMI system I think. People would still buy a game with that...We should start a petition to make it old graphics ;)

I'm sure there's enough Monkey fans around to buy it. I don't mean TOTALLY like old graphics. Maybe make them a bit less pixelated. Perhaps in between MI2 and CMI...But yeah, it's probably gonna be like crappy 3d...But yeah, MMORPG...LMAO...I hope not. What about a multiplayer adventure? :S I dunno how that would turn out...But yeah, whatever...We'll have to wait to find out :(

The waiting game sucks, I'm off to play Hungry Hungry Hippo's.

Adios All

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the idea of being able to visit all the islands there ever were in all of the games. Maybe even a few new ones. This would make that game be very long. here is a list of the rest of what I would like to see in MI-5.

- Either very smooth looking 3D fx with a new system or a much crisper and more animated style of CMI.

- Largo LaGrande

- Murray

- A funny cutscene which will show how when Guybrush was a child, he was tramatized by having his head being flushed in the toilet by his siblings.

- An good ending. (None of the games have had an ending worthy of the rest of the game in my opinion.)

- Cutscenes, that when played all by them selves, without the gameplay, would make sense. (This could leave the option of a bonus DVD with the cutscenes playing like a movie.)

- Or just make a bonus DVD with a movie about the game. (So that you don't have to play all 210934 hours of the game to get back into the monkey island frame of mind.

I think that there should be a movie made based on the original game. But it should be done in the Shrek style CGI. This would make it look believable, but at the same time a little cartoony to give it a comedic feeling.

Originally posted by coa1k

- An good ending. (None of the games have had an ending worthy of the rest of the game in my opinion.)

I don't see how there can be any argument with the Monkey Island 1 ending. It was fantastic! As for Monkey Island 2, I thought the ending was both halarious and (dare I say it) satisfying, despite the weirdness. I can understand criticism for CMI, but that's because they ran out of money. And I didn't find anything terribly bad about EMI's ending. It was at least worthy of the rest of the game. Heh.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by coa1k

- A funny cutscene which will show how when Guybrush was a child, he was tramatized by having his head being flushed in the toilet by his siblings.

Wow... By reading this I just got some sort of a vision... Know it sounds silly, but it was just like somthing that you have not thought about for several years and suddenly you think about it. You wrote about seeing Guybrush's head flushed down. I imagined that scene, and *POPP* Guybrush takes his head up from the toilets by the big tree at Booty Island. Guybrush have some sort of a flashback of his childhood or something. Wow. Funny feeling :)

-Rapp Scallion

• 3 weeks later...

An Uzi I like it!

Oh and the MI 4 puzzles sucked

:monkey2: Stupid file sorter puzzle

:monkey2: Stupid Swamps of Tyme puzzle

:monkey2: Stupid throw the rock at the right time so everything goes exactly perfect and sometimes not be able to aim due too someone talking to you and having to start over ect. ect. ect.

:monkey2: And the dumb Monkey combat system

Archived