Home

Bush just...

Snafu7

And by Bush I'm assuming you mean "A majority of Congress" because any idiot who's payed attention in a civics class can tell you that America can't declare war without congressional approval...

Nitpick nitpick

Originally posted by Clefo

And by Bush I'm assuming you mean "A majority of Congress" because any idiot who's payed attention in a civics class can tell you that America can't declare war without congressional approval...

Nitpick nitpick

Congress can declare war, but the President can command the troops on the other hand...

Without a formal declaration of war, the President can only send troops in for 90 days at a time...

Far more days than it will take to win the war. And after that the UN would send in peacekeepers and relief efforts.

That being said, Congress will probably declare war soon.

Nitpick nitpick

The President can declare ware without the approval of Congress. I think it's only like for 90 days though. What President would try to do that though. One that wants to be impeached. But it is possible.

Originally posted by Hannibal

The President can declare ware without the approval of Congress. I think it's only like for 90 days though. What President would try to do that though. One that wants to be impeached. But it is possible.

Well, Bill Clinton comes to mind. The entire Kosovo action was never officially approved by Congress. Then again, he was impeached so...

Originally posted by Hannibal

It is only thirty days he is allowed to use force until he must confront congress, and yes, he has congressional approval to use force all he wants, even past that time.

OT@JM: Okay, then, but I will call him ignorant, something which already has been estabilished.

Now that the war has begun, I support our troops and think that as many as possible should join just to get it over with. We can't stop it now anyway, and we're gonna lose fewer soldiers if we just move in and get the job done.

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

Now that the war has begun, I support our troops and think that as many as possible should join just to get it over with. We can't stop it now anyway, and we're gonna lose fewer soldiers if we just move in and get the job done.

oh, now it's "we"?

Archived