Home

Will there be a PC Demo for The Emperor's Tomb?

Rosejun62

Hey guys! :)

Now that the PC version of "The Emperor's Tomb" is out, will there be a demo for it?

I checked the official site and there is no mention of a demo.

Does anyone know if Lucasarts is going to release a demo for this game? If there is going to be a demo, when will it be released?

Thank you for any info! :)

Just downloaded the demo. Great graphics and sound, but TERRIBLE controls. Needless to say, it did not inspire me to go out and purchase the game.

I can not believe developers can spend that much time making a game and think THAT was a good control system. Just thinking about how easy Jedi Knight:Outcast was to control (and it was mostly 3rd person if you played it the way they wanted you to) and then even attempting to play Indy makes you just shake your head in complete disgust.

What a waste of a wonderful gaming license. There is so much potential to be had in the world of Indiana Jones...

It's much more fun once you use a gamepad controller instead of the keyboard controls. It took me a while to configure the gamepad just right, but once I did the game really started to get fun.

I'm using a Logitech pad.

Hey Skinkie,

You don't have to put in your email address. You can type in whatever they ask you to type in to refuse. After that, the site will start downloading the demo to your computer. (That's just Gigex asking for your email to send you offers about downloads.)

:)

Originally posted by Skinkie

When I went to download it, it asked for my e-mail address, is that cause it wants top send it there, cause I just wanna download it straight off a site, my e-mail would probably explode from something that big.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

Wow, your mind is ****ed up. Wow....

The controls are FINE, try freaking RESETING THEM to YOUR likings. DUH

Nope. Take a look at the reviews here. The con's in almost ever one of them? The controls. Using the mouse camera view to control which direction you are going to move (but not actually perform an action in that direction until you "move" that way) is poor. I found myself "turning" towards something I was supposed to fight only to find Indy slapping off punches in another direction. It wasn't until I "moved" him in the direction I wanted to go that he would actually punch that direction.

Maybe there is a way around that. If so, it should be the default - they shouldn't make you hunt for it. Otherwise, I stick by the original comment - Jedi Knight II provides a perfect blueprint for how a 3rd person game control should work. Instead, it looks like they (as many other LucasArts games have recently been doing) made a console game and then gave PC users a poor port of it. Console ports to the PC always have crappy control schemes.

Archived