Home

New Jedi Outcast movie!

Jeff 42

Jedi Outcast: Evolution

This is the first video I've released but I think it's pretty good. It's 3:55 in length and showcases a bunch of disruptor and Bryar kills. (I know Nutri already did that in "Pistolero" but I think mine is also quite enjoyable.) If you don't have a Gamespy ID you have to create one to download from this site but it's free. Comments would be appreciated. :)

Oh, and by the way, I play as [JCNGL]Jeff, so at least a few people here will know who I am from games.

Download wait was 7 minutes, and about 14 to download.

Good work Jeff. You are an excellent shot!

Man, how many times did you hit Datadroid? :)

I got no sound, so i assume you were showcasing your skills. How about putting a sound track on it? (EDIT: sound working my fault!)

Let's see some more.

I played with you and Nutri once on the bespin ffa. Have a demo of me rocketing both of you, 1 right after the other. :) Might put it in my rocket video, if i ever get around to finishing it.

jeff to be honest i used to think you were a talentless pullwhore, but i change my mind :D:D:D

some great shots, i'd say it rivals pistolero for accuracy. nice vid, good job, try seeing if

http://www.own-age.com wil host it oo, they have all the jk2 vids.

griff, there is sound, its that pearl jam song 'do the evolution'

:D

Originally posted by griff38

Man, how many times did you hit Datadroid? :)

I got no sound, so i assume you were showcasing your skills. How about putting a sound track on it?

Hehe, I do kill DataDroid a lot in the video, and Screamin too. :D Speaking of Screamin, check out what he says (in the upper left-hand corner) in the very first gameplay shot. I didn't notice that until after I made the video! The reason some people show up so much is that all the footage is from a total of just seven games over the course of two nights, all on the oE server. :D

And yeah, there is a soundtrack. I wonder why you didn't hear it. I put a lot of effort into matching the music with the video and am quite pleased with how that turned out.

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker

jeff to be honest i used to think you were a talentless pullwhore, but i change my mind :D :D :D

LOL. Well, I have gotten a lot better in the past couple months, especially at sniping.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Originally posted by TK_Nutritious

yes

Woot Woot

I just got to say, yesterday at work, I did a short clip of doing a flag run, well after 2 caps and me falling twice (yea I know I am a newb :p ) I then went though the steps to make it a movie.

OMG the time and effort just to get that as a avi file was long. So my hat go's off to all you that make these movie for us to enjoy.

BTW ACDsee 5.0 What a great program....

Going to try a longer clip today.. that's if I got the space on the HDD LOL and might try editing and put some music to it.. I will have to see how it go's :)

BTW for the people that comment on movies unless you have made some great ones don't knock the guys that try, its a lot of work.

and with my short clip that was something like 3000 jpg.

p.s In Nutri making movies post he gives a link to a French site to get pjbmp2avi program. I found a easier page to get the program.. see below:

pjbmp2avi

Originally posted by Jeff 42

I didn't use that program; I used VideoMach, available here, which someone else linked to in that thread. It converts series of jpegs into avi format. No need to spend time and hard drive space converting the jpegs to bitmaps. :)

I just down loaded it, and will play about. guys a quick question, when i made my short vid to test it out, i did it in a self hosted game. can you do these comands to record on all servers.. and can you record others? i.e in spectators mode?

No, you don't have to pay for anything with VideoMach. It is supposed to be a thirty-day evaluation period; however, even if you do worry about following rules like that, in the license agreement it says:

We grant you a non-exclusive license to use the Software free

of charge only if you use the Software for the purpose of

evaluating whether to purchase an ongoing license to the

Software or if you intend to use the Software strictly for

non-commercial purposes.

The evaluation period for use by or on behalf of a commercial

entity or governmental agency is limited to 30 days,

evaluation use by others is not subject to this 30 day limit.

Making JO movies is obviously a non-commercial purpose, so there's no need to pay. It seems like quite a nice program too.

Originally posted by Tosh_UK

I will ask again, can you bind the record commands to a key (if so how) and when i was in a public game and tryed to record it dump me out the game!! any ideas on why and if i can get round it?

Yes.

I use a recorder script by TF_BioHazard, it allows you to bind your record start & stop buttons to any keys. It also makes correction for the G_synchronousclients command automatically for smoother demos at high quality settings.

link

Archived