Home

Question about stealing

waffleman

Ok, I was ever so curious on how the whole stealing thing would be handled. I mean, If you steal something do you automatically get in trouble or do you have to be seen. Also, what type of stuff can you steal? WEapons, armour? I dont really know the answer so thats why im asking. Thanks :deathstar:deathii:

Stealing is a basic implausibility. The game has been designed to only allow you to loot items off of corpses in which the item in question has not been insured. Heck, you can't even set items down unless they are intended to be, such as buildings. i.e. No stealing.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha- kind of off topic but relevant. In morrowind, i have a billion telekenisis potions so when i see something I like, i just drink the potion and walk out of sight and swipe it. Nobody knows and it works. I go to Imperial places all the time and steal stuff from under their noses! Haha. What's really gay though in Morrowind, is how someone can report you without even talking to a guard. So you slit the guys throat while he just sees you and you're reported. Come on!!

Anyways, I'm kind of torn with this. If I become a smuggler, I don't know if I'd steal stuff to smuggle. I'd just smuggle contriban and what not. Also, a smuggler is not the same as a thief. A thief steals things, as you know. And a smuggler brings in illegal goods to markets in the areas which make them illegal. Kind of like when you go to the boarder between US and CAN- they ask you if you have anything you want to declare. You say, "no, sir." But what they don't know is that you have a whole box of Cuban's under your trunk lid. That is smuggling.

Archived