Home

Ability to use a single hand

HaruGlory89

Well, he uses single-handed fighting in the film as well, not just the book - largely because Christopher Lee can actually fence properly. He's one of a dying breed of actors who learned the art of fencing...

I remember he played the bad guy in The Three Musketeers...among others.

I agree that it would be great to see that style in the game. The more variety the better, IMHO. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

i doubt it because in jo u used to and had to stop fight when u used the force.

Yes, but that's just a matter of programming. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to enable people to use the Force while swinging the saber single-handed - if they really wanted to allow it. It might mean tweaking some of the animation, but I'm sure it could be done.

The question is whether or not the devs want to introduce this kind of thing - and how it might impact performance in MP.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be awesome if when you make your character, you could choose his style. Saber stances, kung fu moves, all that would progress according to the style you pick. I know that there are a few descriptions of lightsaber styles and martial arts in some of the books, so that would be totally possible, unlikely though.

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

It would be awesome if when you make your character, you could choose his style. Saber stances, kung fu moves, all that would progress according to the style you pick. I know that there are a few descriptions of lightsaber styles and martial arts in some of the books, so that would be totally possible, unlikely though.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! IF THEY PUT KUNGFU IN A STARWARS GAME IM GOING TO KILL EVERYONE RESPONSIBLE!! INCLUDING WOMEN AND CHILDREN!! AND MENTALLY DISABLED PEOPLE TOO!!!

:(:o Oops, kinda got a bit too carried away there, but it IS my opinion; martial arts would ruin the game!! If you want kung fu, play enter the matrix ;)

But yeah, it WOULD be nice to have different styles you can pick when creating your character, but they would have to add lots of styles then, which probably won't happen :D

Well I don't mean "crane stance", "forest tiger" (Revenge of the 5 Deadly Venoms, anyone?). I mean like "rancor rising" and stuff, not "kung-fu" but Maul style moves like hitting the guy with the saber hilt. In JO you can jump on them, Mario style, and knock them down, I think it would be better to actually kick their ass.

Of course it wouldn't be required that you choose a style with martial arts. But that won't happen anyway, so why do I care?:awing:

because Christopher Lee can actually fence properly. He's one of a dying breed of actors who learned the art of fencing...

Actually, Cristopher Lee didnt fight, a stand-in did. If u dont believe me, check the Interviews on the Episode 2 DvD.

There was a stand-in for MOST of the yoda fight...which was NOT fencing. However, in the Obi and Ani fights, I see no reason Lee didn't do a lot of the fighting. Besides, how does that fact change the earlier statement.

Also note that Dooku wasn't the only one to use one hand: Vader did so when he was fighting Luke in EP5.

I think it would be great to be able to use one hand, in addition it would be sweet to be able to choose which hand to use.

-Half a dozen of Another

I for one am really disappointed in the animations for the lightstaff. In TPM, Maul just kind of poked and blocked, stabbing moves. In the trailer there's all these swinging moves that look bad and will likely have a lot of clipping problems. MOO, though.

Archived