Home

Ruining other people's fun

Prime

Let me say straight out that I'm not planning on buying Galaxies. Frankly, it doesn't interest me too much. This is mainly to do with the fact that I feel that it is impossible to achieve any sort of Star Wars realism when relying on other people to create it. From what I've seen of online games, many people start flaming each other, using hacker slang, and generally active foolishly.

So, since Galaxies will be depending totally on the players to create the atmosphere for the game, what prevents people from acting in a manner that will ruin the game for others? As far as I know there is nothing preventing this. Am I wrong?

you are right and wrong in some ways, you are wrong because there are lots of people that are actually serious roleplayers and want to make the game fun for others, you are right because there will always be a way for other people to ruin the fun, and SWG will start out with lots of NPCs to help the community be built if it isnt built, the community will just rely on NPCs, but there is a 20% chance of this game being bad, and 80% chance that this game will do what it was developed to do...

each server has some administrators are game masters that check the game and people, if you report somebody, you can just tell them when and where and the adm or GMs can find what they did in a log and ban them temporarily or warn them, the game has a pretty good system, and the only servers are those that sony puts out, so nobody can have their own server

i have confidence in this game

Archived