Home

MP: Lethal Saber Combat

Russ

Originally posted by taekwondo joe

yo thats cheating man, i would hate to fight you, acting like a newb, only cheat in sp man, its just lame to do it aginst real peeps

I don't think that is really cheating. They are server settings, so all players will be affected equally. Increasing the saber damage makes the game much more fun IMO.

Yes, higher saber damage is definitely the best thing to do. I played 1.04 for about five minutes, but soon discovered that I could no longer be a real saberist with such measley saber damage scales, so I just played mods, or looked for a server that actually treated the saber like a weapon that has certain limitations, rather than a piece of clothing.

Heh I remember we used to run agressive saber combat styles like that on the Academy servers way back when 1.04 was 1st released. We had to tone it down because students kept on dying during our drills. :)

taekwondo joe: How is this cheating? It's a server setting. It's not like only one guy on the server can have it cranked up like this.

Originally posted by NerfYoda

Heh I remember we used to run agressive saber combat styles like that on the Academy servers way back when 1.04 was 1st released. We had to tone it down because students kept on dying during our drills. :)

taekwondo joe: How is this cheating? It's a server setting. It's not like only one guy on the server can have it cranked up like this.

I always liked the high damage servers... Mainly because I have pretty good timing and can leave a dismembered swath of destruction in my wake.. but one thing I didnt like was the fact that it made it easier to just spin around randomly and kill people. *shrugs*

Uh, I do believe if you set g_saberdamagescale to 4, it's four times the damage. However, it may appear less because of the way shields handle the damage. I don't think shield energy is directly proportional to saber damage.

Archived