Home

so i broke out the old xwa game

Ikhnaton

yeah, i'm bored.

what i don't get is how crappy it performs on my PC. I've got at least twice the RAM i had before, and my video card is at least twice as good if not 3 times, but my video still is choppy, sometimes it stops altogether for a second. i had to turn the performance tuning to medium and still it sucks. what i hate about the game is how when you move the stick, the target moves choppily, not smooth like in rogue squadron.

i still can't play it without invulnerability on :(

even though its in the wrong forum...

I would suspect its got something to do with the speed of data transfer from your hard drive or ram/video card (hard drive seems more likely).

You might want to find a benchmarking program to have a look, or ask for some help at your local techi store (as in not a high street pc retailer).

Ihave the same problem, although not as bad , on my new XP machine. However, I think its the video card and new drivers. After all XWA seems to be almost written for the Voodoo chip video cards according to the readme file. I don't think the method of rendering for the old cards and the new get along in many games.

let me know what kind of tinkering you did. my machine has more than enough beef to handle it.

i just finished the game, btw. not the prettiest death star destruction, but i did it. i actually played the game without invulnerability and unlimited ammo on. that was interesting! i actually was awarded the kalidor crescent too, with the bronze thingamabob on it. that was definitely a first for me.

Hooray for Ike!

\o/

I kind of hated the way they did the Kalidor Crescent in this game - based on total bonus points instead of outstanding performance during a single mission. But I guess otherwise the bonus points would be pretty much worthless.

I just played through Rebel Assault myself. Just to remind myself of the good old days. Man, the control in that game sucks. You move the joystick like a millimeter to the left and your ship flies to the far left side of the screen and stays there.

Also, they tried to make Rookie 1 configurable as a male or a female changing only the voice - no visuals. So if you have him set as a female, he looks like a lesbian with that haircut, and if you have him set as a male, he has a fat, wide ass.

And Harris. I hate Harris. Ever since I heard him utter his first sentence, "Harris, standin' by!" I've wanted to burn him down. He's such a hick pansy. The best part of the game was when he got his ass roasted in the death star trench.

I need therapy.

Archived