Home

They way to a jedi

Originally posted by Mujahid

Cautioning people that they are pursuing a singularly difficult goal is one thing. Flaming them for having the audacity to suggest they might succeed is another thing entirely.

I concur...

If we fail to exhihibit the compasion that this forum has become know for, regardless of how many times we may have seen the topic, we are merely emulating the constraints for which other forums have have been rebuked...:cool:

Wombat

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noone here has flamed anyone yet.

Anyone does will be warned, or (temp-)banned depending what was said, accordingly.

This is a flame:

"Are you a morron, or what? You can't be a Jedi. Ever!

God, even my mom knows that!

You suck!"

To harshly rebutt someone in a disparagingly manner, I will come down on that person like a ton of bricks.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Noone here has flamed anyone yet.

Anyone does will be warned, or (temp-)banned depending what was said, accordingly.

This is a flame:

"Are you a morron, or what? You can't be a Jedi. Ever!

God, even my mom knows that!

You suck!"

To harshly rebutt someone in a disparagingly manner, I will come down on that person like a ton of bricks.

Yep, you're right about that, Jan.

I think what I was thinking about when I wrote my post was the general sentiment that surrounds most of the Jedi posts. I haven't seen many people be indifferent :) They either seem to be gung-ho pro-jedi-wannabe, or *borderline* flaming people for even suggesting it, hehe.

Being a newbie in these parts, I didn't realize there was such a history of Jedi posts :D

According toJedi Classes the class we choose as profession has no impact on whether we can open the Jedi slot. Also alot of people assume to open it involved quest or acting like a jedi. However does anyone know if they have mentioned if the faction you align with will have any impact on whether you can open the Jedi slot or not?

Thanks

I am of the impression that nothing and everything will have an impact.

Meaning, noone will know how to become Force Sensitive.

Only those who have become Force-Sensitive will know how they became possibly, but they won't have a clue how others can.

Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX

I agree with Jan, the devs had to make the process of getting a FSCS different for everyone. If it wasn't like that, there would be guides and walkthroughs everywhere on how to become a jedi.

They are basically trying to keep the sentimental vaule, of the Jedi knights. :)

Originally posted by Xx_Patman_xX

I agree with Jan, the devs had to make the process of getting a FSCS different for everyone. If it wasn't like that, there would be guides and walkthroughs everywhere on how to become a jedi.

Yes, in a perfect world, it would be like this. But no, it's simply not possible to script 400 000 different ways to become a jedi, just as well as it's not possible to script 100 ways. The road to a FS slot might be a tad different from person to person, and the factors that eventually got you the slot might be uncertain for a while, but sooner or later people will compare the ways they got FSS, and they'll find out. And you'll see it in FAQs. It will take a while, but it will be there.

Originally posted by setsuko

Yes, in a perfect world, it would be like this. But no, it's simply not possible to script 400 000 different ways to become a jedi, just as well as it's not possible to script 100 ways. The road to a FS slot might be a tad different from person to person, and the factors that eventually got you the slot might be uncertain for a while, but sooner or later people will compare the ways they got FSS, and they'll find out. And you'll see it in FAQs. It will take a while, but it will be there.

I couldn't agree more, Set.

I don't know how many of you have experience with Asheron's Call (the first, not the second). For those of you who do not know anything about that game, I'll talk a little bit about the magic system.

The Magic system in AC1, at the more advanced stages, required a series of "tapers" to be used as the formula for the more advanced spells. I don't recall exactly how many tapers there were, but there were at least 6 or so that you'd need to get in proper order in order to successfully "learn" the advanced spell. There were, quite literally, hundreds of thousands of different possible combinations of tapers (6 or more slots, with each slot taking 1 of 6 or so different tapers....again, not sure on exact numbers). The developers based the series of tapers for each advanced spell off of your CD-key.

It took a long time. And for quite some time, most people had no idea how to make the advanced spells. But the formula was eventually broken. Not only was it broken, but a 3rd party program was written to help players determine the proper order of their tapers! All YOU had to do, as a player, was figure out what the first taper was on one of your advanced spells, the Taper program figured out the rest (for the uninitiated, figuring out the 1st taper was not difficult at all).

Now you are catching a glimpse of the REAL reason why the devs are going with the current character number scheme (Single Character Servers + one FS slot). Storage, in this day and age, is cheap. The reason for SCS/SFS is because eventually, EVERYONE will know how to open up their FS slot. The only way they can viably control the Jedi population at that moment in time, is to severely limit 1) the number of character slots available (which will make people SERIOUSLY think twice about messing around with an alt), or 2) the gameplay factor (i.e., make the Jedi profession appeal to only a VERY limited subset of the playerbase based upon gameplay issues that the devs know only very few people actually enjoy).

Set has the truth of it: Eventually EVERYONE will know how to open up the FS slot just like EVERYONE used the Taper program to figure out their spell component requirements.

Oooh, good post, good post. Setsuko likey.

Yes, I mean, come on! If there's one thing computer geeks are good at, it's math. Collecting data, analyze, and then learn from it. And will geeks play SWG? Is the pope a catholic? ;)

Simply put, someone will quickly find out. And since there is a lot of interest in the FCS, the knowledge will spread like wildfire. That's why the permadeath thingy is the only thing that could (and can) save the situation: even if there'll be hundreds (or even thousands) players using a FCS on your server, only a few will succeed to actually become jedi. So jedi hopefully won't become a source of irritation.

Yes, I mean, come on! If there's one thing computer geeks are good at, it's math.

I don't fully agree on this, cause it's very hard to figure something out when we don't even know what the prerequesite could be.

It could well be that you need to learn a certian skill or more from different professions or the same. Perhaps the way to unlock your FS slot is to be a master bounty hunter. Or maybe you need to go somewhere to get it aswell as a special skill, or profession.

My point is, there are tons of different things you can create prerequesites from. All it (FS-slot pre-req feature) needs to do is pick something. :)

And the combination can never be used again.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I don't fully agree on this, cause it's very hard to figure something out when we don't even know what the prerequesite could be.

It could well be that you need to learn a certian skill or more from different professions or the same. Perhaps the way to unlock your FS slot is to be a master bounty hunter. Or maybe you need to go somewhere to get it aswell as a special skill, or profession.

My point is, there are tons of different things you can create prerequesites from. All it (FS-slot pre-req feature) needs to do is pick something. :)

And the combination can never be used again.

What you have to understand, however, is that you can't reasonably code an infinite amount of possibilities. You can't even reasonably code 500000 possibilities.

Eventually, SOMEONE will open up their FS slot. At that point, they'll stop and think about what they just did. Shortly thereafter, a 2nd person will open theirs. Then a 3rd. Then a 4th. These people will eventually compare notes, and voila! The formula emerges.

It's just a matter of time. The only thing that changes with complexity is time. But, in the final analysis, it all comes down to time. Might take a month. Might take 6. Might take a year. Eventually we will all know.

i bet there's some dude in the game that makes you FS once you talk to him & open ups your force sensitivity slot. maybe some old guy on the outer rim or something, & he only shows up occasionally. & in different places, but if you get to meet him, he'll do it for you. just a guess ..

they say i'm quite strong w/ the force so..

Archived