Home

To those complaining about the delay of the game release

Dagobahn Eagle

As a fan of the Stars! series of games, of which the sequel has been delayed more times than I can count, I can only say I know how you feel when you complain about the repeated delays of Star Wars: Galaxies.

But, if you were to choose between a game that was released on time, but unfinished, and a game that was released late, but with all the features the developers wanted to put in?

Look at the games X-Wing: Alliance (SW Simulator) and Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Fantasy Turn-based strategy). Both were released on time, but with major lacks. X-Wing Alliance had several bugs and models that the editors would have liked to spend more time on, the in-flight recording feature was missing, and the storyline ended very abrubtly (which leads me to believe it was supposed to go on longer, but got cut off). Heroes of Might and Magic IV didn't even have a multiplayer feature.

In my opinion, it's a lot better to wait for a finished game than to get an unfinished one right in your lap.

So just sit tight, and keep in mind that the best way you can contribute to the release of a good game is by giving suggestions and questions -not by whining.

Dagobahn Eagle

Here here,

Too many games have been released as crap. Just look at Blizzard. they never worry about a deadline, just making a great game. Everyone of their games sells millions. Whether you like it or not, they make great games. I'd rather that than another AO (at release) or AC2.

I would also much rather have a great game a little late than an ok game on time. It definitely makes it worth paying for the monthly fee if the game kicks ass. I can understand the devs delaying the game in order to make the game better, (however if they are delaying the game anyhow I don't see why they are nerfing some of the things they are) so I will just wait, patiently if need be, for SWG to be released.

Of course, I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope the game would be released tomorrow. Oh the double-edged sword of instant gratification and having a quality game!

waiting for the release isnt so bad, its just irritating that they take stuff out, and dont replace it with something else...(insert a rant about how game cards would make up for all the feature cuts here)...:)

Yes, I most definetely agree. An unpolished game released to the public, and then patched to all high hell would have been aweful for the community. Probably even worse than the delay we experience now. I would much rather wait than pay for a game that needs one, two or even more months to truly finish.

This is why I love these forums, so many with real common sense. The official forums just tax my patience so. Nice post.

guys, dont complain about the release date. Its not like duke nukem forever or team fortress 2, which are never coming out. It will come out, because the design team is so interactive with the community, and they do have a beta, unlike team fortress 2. So, just be patient, it will be out. I hope it will be out by summer, because thats what I will devote my time to :)

yes, be thankful that SWG has such a large and involved community, we would not want a game such as this to be vaperware (a game that is never coming out eg. team fortress 2) but you have such an involved community, plus with the beta test, it will be out soon.

It will be out by summer, due to:

They will gain more bussiness. :D

Parents are willing to keep there kids busy in the summer while they work. :rolleyes:

And if it doesn't come out summer they will lose lots of customers and bussiness, me not being one. :p

That's my thoughts anyway. :)

I dont mind waiting either... but I think you've got something wrong. Just because the game is delayed for 1 months.... 6 months.... 12 months.... doesnt mean it's gonna be a great game. Best example: Master of Orion 3.

Another thing about MMORPGs is, that you will never have a "finished" game, no matter how long you tweak the game and try to add new features. There will be millions of people buying the game (maybe a few less *g*), and I am sure the first patch you will have to download will be within 3 days after release. If you buy the game one month after release, I am quite sure you'll have to download at least 50-150 MB just to play the game. (it has been like this with many MMORPGs i know, and it won't be different with SWG imho)

---> Release it NOW. :-)

good point inflamez, they will always be patching the game, so why not release it now? Well, I guess you could release it, however I think that it would be very difficult to patch something huge, and thus they want to make sure that everything that is important is finished, and polished. I'd rather wait for this game as well, because if it came out today, I would be failing all 3 of my classes, because I would be addicted to SWG. I hope they release it at the end of June. Oh, one more thing, reaper. Counter Strike 2 will be out soon, because the team is involved. Look at Team Fortress 2, the last post for the game on the official website was in the year 2000, now thats a game thats never coming out. Although It might come out with Half Life 2, I doubt it.

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius

good point inflamez, they will always be patching the game, so why not release it now?

most likely because people hate crap games and alot of people dont really like downloading patches every day

Originally posted by swediot=)

most likely because people hate crap games and alot of people dont really like downloading patches every day

And there's some things they can't add to patches, like crucial gamedata. Which could be exploited in bad ways. :(

Archived