Home

Age of Mythology

Darth Groovy

Anyone here play AOM?

I bought this game back in October, but due to work and shcool, was only able to play online with Tyrion about 3 or 4 times. Now that I am out for the semester, and have a fancy new laptop, I can even fire it up at work and finally sit down and play this damn thing.

If you are into to RTS games, which I adore, this is the game of games. Age of Mythology mostly follows the same pattern as Galactic Battlegrounds, and Age of Empires II, but only has four resources you need to obtain, that being food, gold, wood, and favor. Favor is earned by having a preist pray to a statue that you build, very easy...

You choose a God based on mytholical culture. You can be Zues, Thor, Odin, Poseidon, Hades, or the Egyptian Gods; Ra, Isis, or Set.

The Egyptians always intrigued me the most, you have powers like meteor showers, shifting sands, mummies, locusts, serpants, and my new favorite... The Leviathan, a mystical sea creature that can both chomp ships, and transport armies across the sea for attack. I tell you, the myth units in this game steel the show, every time...

Not sure how many of you are into this, but I would love to know, because I PLAN to play this alot this summer. And just so you know, Tyrion does not play around.... he is definitely the one you want on YOUR team. He really knows how to strengthen his offense and keep his defense secure.

Anyways, I was just curious if there were any AOM players out there, and I would like to hook up with you if possible. My username is Darth Groovy, what else... and I plan to be playing alot this summer now that school is out.

Thrackan Solo, AOM does not cost any money per month to play online. It may be difficult with a 56k modem.

Groovy, my name on AOM is Jedi_220. I sorta forgot my password to my old account :D

Originally posted by Thrackan Solo

hey does it cost money per month to play on internet? And can it happen with a 56k modem

No you don't have to pay per month to play online, not even with a 56K. I used to be 56K, and games like that I could still play online for no additional cost. AOM uses a defualt program that lets you easily connect, just log on and follow the simple instructions.

Jedi_220, you, Tyrion and myself need to hook up soon! :cool:

I love that game. I bought it on release day, unknowingly. I just walked into the store and looked at the display boxes. I asked the clerk when this game was going to be released and he told me, today - right now. I was surprized and just decided to buy it, since I have and love the other games in the series.

I have not had a lot of time to play it, just a few campaign missions, but since school is just about done and the outage a work is half over, I will have more time to play all my games.

i played that game.

Its fun i guess. The only problem i had with it is that its nothing really new. I didn't get too excited playing multiplayer so I didn't keep it installed for long.

I dunno... there was just something about the game that disapointed me. I guess after playing Empire Earth with the possibly HUGE (and I MEAN HUGE) armies the fun and attacking the PC/friend isnt as fun which the limited size you have in AOM.

I bought that game two months ago, and i've never played it. For some reason my computer in the last couple months have decided that it hates new programs, and won't run them. I won't get to play until the 24th of the month when I get my new computer for graduatin! :(

I liked EmpireEarth only because of the Multiplayer.

The multiplayer was HORRIBLE. But i think its very fun in MP. You build a huge empire. Start from say the stone age and end up with ww2, modern or even the future (you can set the limit in the server game setting)

I find it fun when you play with a friend, allied or ennemy, because of the shear size of the assaults we make.

Empire Earth was WAY to much for me to try and remember. The way that every unit has a counter-unit is a neat idea, but once you get past the stone age and there are like, 7 different types of units, i could NEVER remember what beat what, so my armies would get trashed fast. the Age of Empires series is waaaay better.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Empire Earth was WAY to much for me to try and remember. The way that every unit has a counter-unit is a neat idea, but once you get past the stone age and there are like, 7 different types of units, i could NEVER remember what beat what, so my armies would get trashed fast. the Age of Empires series is waaaay better.

I think one of the things that works so well with Age Of Mythology, is that they simplified resource gathering, so that you can concentrate on the real fun, which is God powers, and slaughtering your opponents. Food, wood, favor, and gold. That is all you need. In Age Of Empires you had to mine stone too, which seemed like a pain in the ass sometimes. Also, if you plant farms, your crops don't expire, like in the others. You can advance through the ages rather quickly. A typical round of random map AOM can take me about 2 hours depending on the map size.

Then there is Galactic Battlegrounds, which is wicked cool, but your crops expire, and WTF are Nova Krystals

anyways?:confused: A round of GB can take up to about 4 hours for me, just too harvest all the damned resources I need. Not saying I don't like GB, but AOM is the best in the that genre so far IMO.

Farms don't expire?!?! SWEET! The conquerors you could que farm re-seedings, but sometimes it'd run out in the middle of battle when you don't have time to go back and re-plant all of your stupid farms, but you need to keep the food comin so you can keep the troops rolling......

I'm soooo excited for the 25th when i'll finally be able to play it......

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Farms don't expire?!?! SWEET! The conquerors you could que farm re-seedings, but sometimes it'd run out in the middle of battle when you don't have time to go back and re-plant all of your stupid farms, but you need to keep the food comin so you can keep the troops rolling......

I'm soooo excited for the 25th when i'll finally be able to play it......

Look me up when it happens, and we'll play a match or two.:cool:

Archived