Home

amiga had better gfx

Calis

g'day everyone

i used to play mi1 & mi2 on the amiga for days and days on end but when i finally upgraded to pc i never thought of them again until i got comi last year or so

anyway....

i was wondeing is there a way of getting the good looking gfx of mi1 &2 on the amiga on the pc...

i'm using the scummvm adapter but it's still not as good

please help.

You can always download the Amiga MI1 music from here in MP3 form and play them in the background, or something. :)

Apparently it's possible to get ScummVM to play these Amiga MP3s over the PC graphics if you set it up right, but it doesn't sound particularly easy. :) BGBennyboy was working on it, but he lost the files and couldn't be bothered to start again. :)

Alternatively, you could always try an Amiga emulator and some selective illegality. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought the original Lemmings again but this time for the PC, used to love playing it on the amiga but to get the same quality play as the amiga you have to reduce the res. but like you say the sound isn`t so good which is a shame. My old amiga is packed away right now but would like to dig it out someday to compare differences.

If you have Monkey Island 1 CD edition and the MP3's of the Amiga version you can selectively replace MP3's you make of the MI1 CD's audio tracks with their Amiga counterparts and use the data files off of the MI1 CD... scummvm will look for the MP3's on your drive and play whatever's named "track01.mp3" or whatever you're supposed to name it... if you happen to have replaced the PC CD ones with the Amiga ones, ScummVM won't know the difference and blam, amiga music.

This will only work with monkey 1. Won't work for Monkey 2 though as it never had a CD version.

Unfortunately its not quite that simple, on the pc the intro tune and the lookout tune are all one track on the amiga they are two and are different lengths so you need to tweak loop and crop them. I think stuff like the underground tunnels themes/lengths were different on amiga too, but I cant remember now.

there's also the matter of the pc had more music than the amiga version,

the game will ask for it , it wont be able to find it and then crash.

the only way i can see this being resolve is doing things illealgaly<sp?> but i dont want to do that so the easyiest thing to do is to play the pc version

:3headed:

Archived