Home

SARS, West Nile and Mad Cow!

TheJackal

WHATS NEXT?

Man Canada is being attacked biologicaly or something. This is insane.

I'm just happy I have a government who has a lot of social spendings and free health care for everybody. Has anybody else from any other country been having health related problems lately?

What's next? The Plague? The KillerBees that the CNN has been predicting for over 5 years?

People are just scared because they don't know how the disease spreads or what is the cure or how does it kill you. This is BS if you ask me. More people will die from the flu than people that have sars. In a ratio of cases to deaths. And the flu will have the most deaths, always.

What's next?!!

meteor shower that carries a virus that makes you puke constantly for a few hour? Give me a break!

SARS is a pretty big over reaction. I live near Toronto and have family there and none are sick. Its just that they don't know what it is that is whats scaring them. We've had much worse like the Spanish Infleunza wich killed over 40 000 people. But ya our rep is sucking right now. I mean they are so desperate that you can fly to Toronto for A BUCK! Anyway lets hope for no more of this stuff over here.

In a population of 19 million, over 1000 die from influenza every year here in our country, and we haven't had a confirmed SARS case as of yet. The Flu is a lot bigger killer than SARS is, or ever will be.

Think of this, on a plane, with the high air circulation, one person has SARS, it is the people who have high contact with them that have the potential to contact it. The Flu, on the other hand, spreads through out the whole plane and most people will get some form of flu or cold from it.

Biggest Storm In A Tea Cup....

Be thankful it's not something like Marburg or Ebola, they are dead set scary....

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

In a population of 19 million, over 1000 die from influenza every year here in our country, and we haven't had a confirmed SARS case as of yet. The Flu is a lot bigger killer than SARS is, or ever will be.

That is what i was saying earlier, the people are over reacting to this new disease.:mad:

Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

as a Canadian all I can say is:

so long as nothing happens to our Tim Bits

everything will be just fine.

althought if Krispy Kremes suddenly made

people ill, I would not be opposed to that.:D

Hey what about our Beavers? If they get sick we're screwed! :p

j/k

Just as long as a wierd super virus attacks all the Hockey rinks in Canada making them unplayble. You know, some sort of super virus that attacks the ice and the ice makers.

.... must have HOCKEY! :)

*GO SENS GO! (yes that was a shamless plug)

Jesus another discussion on SARS? Man this is getting old. The SARS issue has been abolished as far as i'm concerned. What we should be fearing (not panicking) is the West Nile Virus. It can get pretty brutal if it get's out of hand. Plus the extra cold winter has scientists projecting an increased Mosquito population this year. This looks bad on paper but I doubt it will get to be to serious.

People just have to be prudent and aware of these diseases. Like a small tip to keep Mosquito's away from your homestead is to remove any standing fetid water (a Mosquito breeding ground and other various bug larvae).

And the Mad Cow thing is only over in Alberta and I think only one person has died from it. MAn this has been around for like 3-4 years now and it keeps dying then popping back up suddenly. It hasn't been a serious issue either.

It's just media and panicky people blowing these things WAAAAAY outta proportion. It's sad really.

Canadas worst nightmare?? A MAD cow with a SARS mask being bitten by a West Nile Mosquito. :eek:

Um... no fatalities from mad cow... YET! No, really one cow tested positive for it, which may not mean anything, could be bad test results. The worst drawback from all these "epidemics" (:rolleyes: ) is that the US of A uses it, as well as our choice not to go fight thier war, as an excuse to promote their own produce, etc.

I, for one, can't understand why we stay allied with those war-mongers after they decided to put tariffs on all of our stuff (but, conveniently, not Australia or Britain's). You americans out there may not agree, and don't think that all Canucks are against you, but that IDIOT George Dubya, couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag. It's not his fault though, all his cronies are the ones behind his actions. Reminds me a lot of Nazi Germany, pre-WWII. It's an ugly world out there, nowadays, and American interference in world events is just another example of it.

:usa:

:wstupid:

Ooh! heres another thing! Bloody Best Buy moved into Canada, and some American chain bought out future shop!

Oh, my... I seem to have gone off topic. Anyway, the media is to blame for all the big scare of the last few years. Terrorism, plague, video games causing murder, the list goes on.

Frankly, your chances of dying from something like a car accident is much higher than any of these incurable diseases.

As to killer bees, your chances of that are somewhere between Shark attacks and being struck by lightning (if I remember my stats correctly).

If you're very allergic to bees, regular old bee stings will do the job if you're not near the proper first aide/medical facilities.

And if you survive the car accidents and you'll probably succumb to cancer or heart disease when you're old.

For the people that do come down with the other stuff, I'm sorry for you. : (

Archived