Home

How many credits will we start with?

Dathan Surehand

The more I think of it I desire to be a crafter, which is sooo not me. I like games like "TORMENT" which made ya think alot but kept you busy hacking away.

So the desire to be a crafter has made me pay attention to credit issues and anything relevant to crafting.

With so many people playing right away, I can't imagine that there will to much of a surplus in anything for a little while. And if I am crafting at the immediate start of the game, I plan on specializing in a certain area that hopefully will be profitable.... So I guess starting credits will be of little use other than maybe having to buy an extra crafting tool.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you have the right idea here. As to your first post on this thread, it will probably be a flat ammount of starting credits to begin with. If later the economy fluxes too much, it'll get changed. Just like in Ultima Online. It started out as 100gp, and about a year and a half after I started playing, it jumped to 1000gp. So no worries, I'm sure the starting credits will be the leastof our concern when we see the vastness of this game. :D

I hope.........And i meen HOPE this games buying and selling system turns out nothing like how d2 turned out...............I mean with in 2 days somthing could go frome an unbalivable amount to the point were a newbie could get it...............It is relly unstable but............I am glad we have to pay monthly.......Cuz then the devs will filter out all hacks and crap............Cuz who wants to pay for a hack full game.................RIGHT!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kaiser Isaac

I hope.........And i meen HOPE this games buying and selling system turns out nothing like how d2 turned out...............I mean with in 2 days somthing could go frome an unbalivable amount to the point were a newbie could get it...............It is relly unstable but............I am glad we have to pay monthly.......Cuz then the devs will filter out all hacks and crap............Cuz who wants to pay for a hack full game.................RIGHT!!!!!!

:rolleyes: English please, are you using dictionary.com Isaac?? :confused:

Originally posted by Kwebo

In Diablo 2 there is an ingame trade market that fluctuates a lot within as little as a week. Especially lately as duplicating items and other problems have been rampant in the multiplayer game, stuff that used to sell for real money on E-Bay is now worthless because they are so readily available.

I will be very interested in seeing how the SWG economy works and seeing the ingame trading. I am a firm supporter of the ebay-esque trading they have promised and hope that will make things more fair for the buyer and seller.

Experiences from the D2 economy can't be applied, since the main difference is that duping, hacking etc can't be done in SWG. Everything's on the server, not the clients. And they'll have about a hundred times better security than battle.net. Since there's no duping, item prices will not vary as violently.

Originally posted by Jackrabbit

Does anybody know a Star Wars site that has gear/ships/weapons and the appropriate prices? I know there are a few out there...I've seen them linked to on the Official RP forums.

starwars.com has, everything on it. Weapons, ships etc. :) If that doesn't do it, google it. :)

Originally posted by Jatari Bazrak

Great, but theres no site I've seen yet that would have that kind of stuff in SWG unless it was beta leaked.

We will just have to wait and see, maybe Q will post something tonight. For the friday feature, about it. :D

Im sorry reaper i havent been using dictonary.com But let me tell you this.........You inspire me to be a better person with each post......I just wanted to let you know that...................

Well let's just be glad you are learning. :D

Im sorry reaper i havent been using dictonary.com But let me tell you this.........You inspire me to be a better person with each post......I just wanted to let you know that...................

-Wow...I really hope you are joking-

-As for the credit issue I am sure that the SWG will manage it correctly. I hate games where you start off with NOTHING and you are just sitting there with a rusty dagger and nasty clothes...that's the most boring event possible in any game, and then you have to work your @$$ off just to get some crappy armor and a not-so-rusty-dagger. And I am sure the SWG devs realized how crappy this situation can be and they will plan accordingly.

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

-Wow...I really hope you are joking-

-As for the credit issue I am sure that the SWG will manage it correctly. I hate games where you start off with NOTHING and you are just sitting there with a rusty dagger and nasty clothes...that's the most boring event possible in any game, and then you have to work your @$$ off just to get some crappy armor and a not-so-rusty-dagger. And I am sure the SWG devs realized how crappy this situation can be and they will plan accordingly.

Nope he isn't joking. :p

And i agree, i expect we will start off with a bit. As all the RPgs i have played, you start off with a bit of money. A few weapons and some clothes, and potions. :D

Originally posted by ShadowGecko

Is there any type of pickpocketing that anyone knows about and will it be PvP based? And what about gambling? That's always been a big part of the Star Wars Universe.

I can also expect to see people betting on fights, around the back of sweediots bar. :p

You will get lot of credit and fast, by doing missions.

I bet the missions will be around 500-10,000 depending on the difficulty of the mission. oh yah there will be gambling on creature fights and just fights by swediots bar; I think he also wanted a arena to cast them in.:p and i bet he'll have classes so a very high ranked player cant battle a low ranked player, same with creatures.

Originally posted by Jatari Bazrak

You will get lot of credit and fast, by doing missions.

I bet the missions will be around 500-10,000 depending on the difficulty of the mission. oh yah there will be gambling on creature fights and just fights by swediots bar; I think he also wanted a arena to cast them in.:p and i bet he'll have classes so a very high ranked player cant battle a low ranked player, same with creatures.

Doubt there will be any classes, all we need is a fight between two drunk players. :p

Originally posted by Dathan Surehand

Do you all think that after each "all encompassing bar fight" loot will be available afterwards....

What a wonderful source of income.

BARFIGHTING!!!l

We used to have fights in myth of soma, when you killed something you sometimes got coins. Big lotting would happen and pking. :p

Archived